Wizard vault destroyed communty feel of the dailies - please fix this

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's not the alt accounts. It's the group of players that do not play actively every day and do not top up their acclaims every season. Coupled with the infusion of gold for those at the top of the activity.

True, so players who do not top off astral acclaim, which can be done with minimal time investment even if only going for the weekly, are worse off. Active players are better off unless they are buying in huge bulk (and huge bulk is literally meaning multiple legendarys per month crafting at current material and gold acquisition rates).

The good example is mystic coins. Before, MCs were generated by masses obtaining them passively from login rewards and selling their bank overflows. Now many of those players actually get less overall than before (because it requires them doing things they weren't doing before, and still aren't doing now - like completing dailies every day, or staying on top of story and farming newest maps for completing specials), but also the generation is no longer passive, so many of them likely just pick gold instead. Which is a second point, btw - the Vault now injects massive amounts of gold into the system. Something that was not the case before. At the same time, there were no new gold sinks introduced to balance that injection.

Mystic Coins are actually a perfect example of demand having a FAR larger impact on the price than supply. Remember when we had 2.3-2.5g prices? Sure thoise were based on fake and manipulated demand from 1 player using exploits to move the market, they were still a result of demand even at far higher supply.

Now we have:

- legendary starter kits

- legendary armor

- legendary relic

- a lot of new players going for legendaries far ealier

All of which moves the demand significantly and likely affects the prices far more than the change in supply.

Ecto, of course, is also a thing, but it's not the primary problem (like you said, we've had such individual fluctuations before, but until recently those never impacted the market as a whole).

Imo Anet should just remove gold options from vault, and replace them with more/higher cap material options, and leave "overflow" aas for buying uncapped material coffers of stuff better than just t5 option we have now.

I'm not going to pretend the increased amount of gold had no effect. It certainly has, but I suggest following explanation for what we are seeing:

1. demand for certain materials has increased significantly (far more than supply into the game has, even is supply is up)

2. gold into the game has increased, which will result in prices increasing (but not to the extent that it is the sole or even primary reason for the kitten, seen with items which had no change in demand even becoming cheaper meaning it's not a pure liquidity inflation).

What this means is: these price increases are not a primary result of the Wizard Vault but rather of changed demand due to new incentives from game design.

In short if we still had the old login system, the prices would still have spiked, the main benefiting entities would be players with many accounts, more casual players would still be left behind because while the price increases would be slightly less, their gold income would be significantly less.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If that were the case, the prices of all legendaries would increase similarily. Instead the price increase was not uniform across the generations, and affected the newest stuff the least. That's because the earlier generations use mats that were generated by the old system to a far more degree than gen3.

Please, you know this is nonsense. You are either willingly or unwillingly forgetting about legendary starter kits here. Legendary starter kits on their own have moved the price for gen1, while gen2 and gen3 behave in a similar manner. There is no voodoo magic happening here.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Please, you know this is nonsense. You are either willingly or unwillingly forgetting about legendary starter kits here. Legendary starter kits on their own have moved the price for gen1, while gen2 and gen3 behave in a similar manner. There is no voodoo magic happening here.

The gen 3 saw the least impact, and it's the gen2, not gen1, that got affected the most.Of gen1, those with kits also show the least impact in that generation.

• Confused 5

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The gen 3 saw the least impact, and it's the gen2, not gen1, that got affected the most.Of gen1, those with kits also show the least impact in that generation.

Yes, and all of that can be explained with the materials going into them. Gen3 are less reliant on T6 materials and Mystic Clover, thus Mystic Coins. Gen2 are heavily reliant on MC.

Not sure what you are looking at. The gen1s with kits all dropped significantly compared to their counterparts which have not had a kit release yet. The ones without a kit adjusted for the cost of T6 materials predominately (of which we know supply per player is up).

You can't look at only 1 part of the market and start making assumptions, even worse, assumptions which do not hold up in other areas of the market.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The previous system also told you what to do, you can just say the only reason you logged in was the free rewards and now with having to play a bit you have no intention to log in.

the previous system let me login click daily reward and then i could do whatever i wanted to do.
now i login and i have to do 4 simple task or 3 or 5 i forgot already.

i hate doing quest in any given game. go kill 3 of x and return to me. i dont wanna run north to run 3 of x and then run back to south to return the crap and then run north again to progress in the game.

now the wizard vault isnt exactly making me path back and forward but it does tell me where to go and what to do.

i do not like i do not feel like logging in cus theres no reward for me waiting anyway so i dont really play at all anymore.

• Confused 6

12 minutes ago, reddie.5861 said:

the previous system let me login click daily reward and then i could do whatever i wanted to do.

i hate doing quest in any given game. go kill 3 of x and return to me. i dont wanna run north to run 3 of x and then run back to south to return the crap and then run north again to progress in the game.

now the wizard vault isnt exactly making me path back and forward but it does tell me where to go and what to do.

i do not like i do not feel like logging in cus theres no reward for me waiting anyway so i dont really play at all anymore.

So you didn't like playing the game and logged in for a moment to grab an easy reward. Good for you that you're able to stop being a log-in reward hostage now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reddie.5861 said:

Are you forced to do the dailies before you're allowed to do anything else? You're not forced to do what the game says, you get rewarded if you finish the dailies, you're not prevented from ignoring the dailies and playing the game.

If you don't feel like logging in if you don't get immediately rewarded for just doing that you don't like playing the game and only logged in for the rewards and now that you have to actually play you don't play at all. 

• Like 5

The Wizards Vault is ok, but the active "get the reward with clicking something away" doesn't fit in the game. That should work automatically, or just has to be clicked away if the maximum Astral currency was reached. Then I would love it much more.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

While I get that some activities for the dailies would need to be different based on what expansions a person owns, the old daily system had that, and in that system, the non expansion dailies were the same.

I don't own SotO, but many of my guildmates do.  Pretty much every week, either do a fractal or do a strike shows up in the weeklies.  I get the opposite of what my guildmates get (eg, I'll get do a strike, they get do a fractal, or vice versa).  I don't get why the new system does this.  Likely, weekly world bosses are different, etc.  For the OW ones, I care a bit less, but for instanced content, it sure would be nice if everyone had that same content each week.

• Confused 1

We need more variation of dailies, for exemple mini-dungeon, why there is only 4 of 27 in dailies (no more kittening Zen Daijun each week), more jumping puzzle variations, "Participate to an activity" must be removed (not fun and a waste of time, a lot of AFK). I really like the vault system but I prefer old dailies activities.

9 minutes ago, Qys.5937 said:

I do wish the WV had other point dump items available other than gold. I picked over what I wanted from the vault rather quickly this go around. 

LWS3/LWS4/IBS map currencies I think would be a nice example.

Though with map currencies, depending on the amount provided, people will either convert that into be worth more than the same amount of gold AA can buy, or less gold.  Unless you are actually needing to buy items - for myself, my unbound and volatile magic usually just goes to buying trophy crates, and one can evaluate how much those are worth with enough data.

5 hours ago, Valanthe.4067 said:

In the dailies rotation I would like to see vistas from all around the maps... Ascalon, Kryta, Maguuma, Shiverpeaks and Orr.  And of course all the expansions.  That would make my day! 🙂

Nobody is stopping you from vising those places without a reward carrot being dangled in front of you. If you find you're not going to the maps when there isn't a bonus available then how much do you really like those locations? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3