yet another blatant hacker in wvw

2 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Which item and what did it do? I am curious.

Sure, why not. I didn't tell support because they wanted to be so rude. Black lion mastery coffer - works like tome of knowledge and revives you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

Sure, why not. I didn't tell support because they wanted to be so rude. Black lion mastery coffer - works like tome of knowledge and revives you.

Interesting, I didn't bother getting those as all my masteries are maxed anyway.

Clearly unintended then, as revive orbs don't work in competitive game modes. But as it is clearly their oversight I wouldn't say it warrants a ban, at worst they should warn a player caught using it and then disable that functionality as quickly as possible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

That's incredible: that A) it works that way (why in the christ would it revive you?), B) that they banned you for that, and C) that they did all that without bothering to figure out how you did it or how to fix it.

Pretty well sums up ArenaNet's approach to WvW/the game in general. 

• Like 1

Oh the irony of using a wizard's vault item in an unintended way and complaining about getting banned for it on a thread of people complaining about players not getting banned for using exploits.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

That's incredible: that A) it works that way (why in the christ would it revive you?), B) that they banned you for that, and C) that they did all that without bothering to figure out how you did it or how to fix it.

Pretty well sums up ArenaNet's approach to WvW/the game in general. 

It revives you because it gives you pve exp. Quite a chunk too, like 50% of a level.

Right, it really shows the lack of diligence in support. Actually, I was thinking that, I shudder to think that it is actually possible to hack the game and revive infinitely. That shouldn't even be possible, the server should be verifying anything that would cause that.

Ha, I really thought about mouthing off to support, but I didn't want to risk getting perma banned by telling them how dumb they are. (I mean they could have even asked the devs, hey, is this possible) They were replying at like 3 am, so I'm pretty sure these are probably underpaid overseas workers.

19 hours ago, Luranni.9470 said:

To illustrate anet's lack of care - a longtime known, documented and reported terrain exploiter is now impersonating other players (complete with guild tags) while running a public dorito and exploiting into things.  It's also whispering people and offering to teach them exploits.

EDIT: For clarification I am in EU T1 (Gandara) - our linked server is Gunnar's Hold and has the impersonating exploiter on it but the matchup as a whole is absolutely insane with people exploiting into structures, glitching under map and using the glider crash bug deliberately on all sides (before gliding as a whole was disabled in wvw ofc :P)... wvw feels more like a dodgy private server these days honestly, it's an utter mess.

Anet, honestly, how can we all help you to get this addressed? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cit.3940 said:

I just recorded seven Gandara/Gunnar's Hold players doing that to take Piken Square Valley Keep. It's been like that all week. If it isn't the outright teleport hackers, it's terrain exploits.

It's gotten to the point that we don't care to keep anything, and just log in for Morning Squad, flip everything and then log out. The fun has been sapped out.

Again. Anet, let's get a dialog going at least on how players might better record or provide info so that issues can be tracked down and separated from in game tools that may behave not as expected in WvW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anet should be really get more hard with Punishments when players do cheating, exploiting.  It is a bit weird when u send even videos them that they do not take actions. That was really better done in Gw 1. Even Dhuum did show up when someone got banned for obvious cheating. To much cheater can harm the game pretty hard because none want to play a game with to much cheating in it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, urd.8306 said:

What was the mail adress of Anet to provide footage of someone hacking?

Email is no longer an option. That said I think you can include a link in the options available in case posting video to youtube, but I haven't tried so can not confirm, if others have please do so.

Reference link on reporting:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit

Reporting an exploit[edit]

Exploits can be reported through two main means:

• The in-game Bug Report tool, which can be accessed by typing /bug into chat or by opening the game menu and selecting "Support".
  • Submit a Support Ticket; select the dropdown options for "Game Support" and "Report an In-Game Bug".
    • You can also select the option to "submit your ticket anonymously" for additional privacy. This option does not require you to log into your ArenaNet accoun

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Our WvW group spent most of last night's session chasing a determined guild group of 4 hackers around the map, trying to respond to their attempts to take various T3 keeps and garrisons by glitching inside and going straight to the Lord without needing to take down any walls or doors. Mostly we foiled them, but they did manage to take a few and it ate up a lot of our game time preventing them (no doubt part of their intent). Added to the lack of gliding in WvW at the moment, all in all it made for a really miserable and unenjoyable gaming experience.

Anet need to start taking hacking and exploiting seriously. It's happening on a very regular basis now, distorting matches and a minority are totally ruining the fun of the majority who don't exploit. We need better tools to record and report and we need to see proper action taken. Otherwise people are going to lose interest in WvW. You can detect this mood is growing from what is said in chat. I feel it too. WvW is my favourite game mode, but I'm just not feeling like I want to participate in matches where the hacking is rife anymore.

Not going to point fingers and name and shame as I know all servers have their offenders.

Anet, help us to help you fix this situation please. Otherwise people will go elsewhere with their game time and that's less revenue for you.

• Like 3

Although glitching is a condemnable tactic, I can't help but wonder what kind of game time of yours that group "ate up". PPting with a blob in the middle of the night against 2 sleeping servers with zero resistance? While I can't discern the intentions of that group, could it be that your behavior deprived them, who might otherwise be honest, tax-paying citizens, of a chance to play normally? This is, of course, assuming that they actually engaged in glitching.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Artillery.4923 said:

Although glitching is a condemnable tactic, I can't help but wonder what kind of game time of yours that group "ate up". PPting with a blob in the middle of the night against 2 sleeping servers with zero resistance? While I can't discern the intentions of that group, could it be that your behavior deprived them, who might otherwise be honest, tax-paying citizens, of a chance to play normally? This is, of course, assuming that they actually engaged in glitching.

Playing in a blob, whether against other blobs or capping empty towers, might not be everyone's idea of fun, but nevertheless it is playing within the rules. Just like gank teams taking down lone roamers isn't everyone's idea of fun, but again it's within the rules. But condoning hacking / exploiting as a counter to a legitimate gameplay style you don't like is pretty pathetic.

• Like 3

Just now, Palikka.8249 said:

Anet does care about hackers or cheating, they do nothing. Gandara has hacker at desert borderland flipping keeps and towers underground daily. Only way to interrupt him is to run to lord. 

Yeah camping a lord here so he doesnt do it.

• Like 1

Anet needs to make example of players who are abusing glitching in towers. We have well know SA players and their pet Slonder doing it all the time. Reports are done , they are still around for months.

Some may say well, they can just make alts. While that is true , many of them have pvp gizmos that do take some match manipulation, rl money and in rare cases some skill and time to get.

As long as you let those people do things like that with no fear, why would some rando on f2p care for using hacks and abuse bugs ? 

My 2c

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Don’t you know? If you rub a revive orb really, really hard, you automatically cap SM.

Otherwise I call bunk on that because there is nothing in the vault that does anything special or is linked with “a certain mechanic” afaik.

From what was said it looks like it is the experience gain from consuming it. I don't know about reviving you from dead, but I could certainly understand it rallying you from downed depending on how it is coded. Wouldn't be the wackiest thing to come out of Anet.