WvW warrior roaming in 2024

chimera.3854

Is it possible? Viable? I ask as I 'd like to try, but I haven't seen any warriors while roaming for months, certainly not solo, and the builds on Metabattle all have poor-average ratings. In particular, I'd like to try a melee warrior build (barbarian theme) which could be power or condi based. Would this be possible without being repeatedly roflstomped by other roamers?

On 1/6/2024 at 12:42 AM, chimera.3854 said:

Is it possible? Viable? I ask as I 'd like to try, but I haven't seen any warriors while roaming for months, certainly not solo, and the builds on Metabattle all have poor-average ratings. In particular, I'd like to try a melee warrior build (barbarian theme) which could be power or condi based. Would this be possible without being repeatedly roflstomped by other roamers?

Mainly cause warriors are one of the easiest to gang up on and can easily lose anything more than a 1v1 (skill level ignored) 
- they cant disengage reliably
- they cant chase reliably ( this and the first one are almost similar in terms of what is lacking in warrior)
- the amount of builds that can do damage and sustain themselves outside a 1v1 is lacking
- probably the only class severely disabled by an enemy that has either blind / aegis (this is mostly because a lot of the skills warrior has only  does 1 hit, doesn't help that most of the adrenaline skills requires stuff hitting to actually trigger their added effects)

I love warrior but i really wouldn't bring this class to solo roaming anymore in the current state of the game, roaming defensively (staying near your objectives) are bearable as a warrior though this rings true for all classes including the slowest class in the game - necros.

Edited by Firellis.7954
  • Thanks 1

Just run the cele zerker build: Longbow, Sword Sword, Def 1-2-2, Disc 2-3-3, Zerker 3-2-3. Trapper runes and sigils to taste. It's absolutely busted and I commonly win 1vX. Cele either needs to be removed or it needs to have concentration/expertise cut.

Power builds aren't awful but you have very little margin of error unless they're just bad or you're on fire. You will get trashed by anything cele and competent Willbenders/Theives.

Edited by OkayJarl.5617
  • Like 1

https://youtu.be/Wct5kOj_i-M?si=66gU93T_bkToMwG5 full soldiers dragonfish candy( 50.percent below increased power by 200) , utility that gives power based off vitality and toughness trooper runes impact and force on hammer. Paralyzation sigil on mace, bloodlust on shield( gain slightly more health based on stacks)  it can be difficult to use while roaming when fighting blind spam, ageis spam and weakness spam. Timing when your opponent loses their stab needs to be timed as well. With this build you shall hit 15's constantly though. But if you happen to get off a crit it can be a nice chunk of damage. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lFw0YXMMWJO+OvpUA-DWIYSUzXKtEBNFC1WAVkAq+WIABsHeLpspBA-w build link

Edited by prototypedragon.1406

On 1/6/2024 at 10:35 PM, Firellis.7954 said:

Mainly cause warriors are one of the easiest to gang up on and can easily lose anything more than a 1v1 (skill level ignored) 
- they cant disengage reliably
- they cant chase reliably ( this and the first one are almost similar in terms of what is lacking in warrior)
- the amount of builds that can do damage and sustain themselves outside a 1v1 is lacking
- probably the only class severely disabled by an enemy that has either blind / aegis (this is mostly because a lot of the skills warrior has only  does 1 hit, doesn't help that most of the adrenaline skills requires stuff hitting to actually trigger their added effects)

I love warrior but i really wouldn't bring this class to solo roaming anymore in the current state of the game, roaming defensively (staying near your objectives) are bearable as a warrior though this rings true for all classes including the slowest class in the game - necros.

Your standard GS spellbreaker build can disengage and chase just fine and better than most out there.  It's pretty mediocre for actual fighting and sub par for flipping camps.  Resistance on dodge is incredibly valuable because of the prevalence in blinds, but it's a shame that hammer builds rely on a different trait in the same line. 

Overall, roaming on Spellbreaker is...fine.  Fights you win will feel earned because of all the counterplay involved in the build, but it's had slight nerf after slight nerf in the past year or so while power creep has edged up some other builds in the roaming meta. 

On 1/8/2024 at 7:01 PM, Dahkeus.8243 said:

Your standard GS spellbreaker build can disengage and chase just fine and better than most out there.  It's pretty mediocre for actual fighting and sub par for flipping camps.  Resistance on dodge is incredibly valuable because of the prevalence in blinds, but it's a shame that hammer builds rely on a different trait in the same line. 

Overall, roaming on Spellbreaker is...fine.  Fights you win will feel earned because of all the counterplay involved in the build, but it's had slight nerf after slight nerf in the past year or so while power creep has edged up some other builds in the roaming meta. 

The thing that really hurt it for me was when they finally fixed the bug that was making Breaching Strike do PvE damage. God forbid Warrior does reliable damage pressure, because certainly other classes don't do double the amount Breaching Strike was doing with half the effort and aren't completely voided by a single blind.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

The thing that really hurt it for me was when they finally fixed the bug that was making Breaching Strike do PvE damage. God forbid Warrior does reliable damage pressure, because certainly other classes don't do double the amount Breaching Strike was doing with half the effort and aren't completely voided by a single blind.

Yea, I feel like damage is what warrior is really missing.  I'm fine with Full Counter needing to hit for it to proc effects, but the lack of damage makes it really disappointing when you counter play everything another class has over and over and still struggling to get their health low.

• Thanks 1

I use the usual spb build with defense and slight alternations.

def: bot, top, mid

disci:  mid, mid, bot

spb: bot, mid, bot

Sigil of energy and hydromancy on gs, sigil of absorption and battle on dagger/shield. Relic of resistance, might wvw infusions and full zerk.

Skill bar is mending, shake it off, featherfoot grace, bulls charge, signet of rage

It plays like usual gs/dagger/shield spb, struggles a lot vs really good thieves and struggles to kill cele builds that are played competently (then again what doesnt struggle with that). But it holds on its own well, for a power war build. If they didnt "fix" sigil of absorption, I think it wouldve been pretty strong overall. Also if we still had the dagger burst dmg bug. You have 2 sources of resistance, which gives you a decent window to hit despite blind and weakness spam, you have kind of a wonky endure pain (sometimes it will go off too late), adequate condi cleanse. Just the dmg is kinda low, but it gets people down.

Though any working cele build is probably just better.

I also barely roam this point, its pretty rare to fight power builds. Unless its the worlds that have high concentration of pvp players (like fow on EU).

Edited by Hotride.2187

On 1/17/2024 at 2:38 AM, kiranslee.4829 said:

Honestly for roaming ull die to just about any other class on same skill level. Roaming on war is about not doing it :). And if you dont believe this statement, just try it.

I've tried it and you're beyond wrong 😀 starting to think it's just a major skill issue for you!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1