PC randomly restarts

My pc randomly starts when I'm playing the game. The other day it was the map for lvl 1-15. Now, it restarts when I'm in story mode quest in PoF. Any troubleshoot for this?

My pc works fine and don't restart when I'm not playing the game. 

8 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Sounds like potential power issues when the game is putting a load on your system.  Don't have a lot of information to go on here.

I'm using 750 watts gold rated PSU. That was the first suspect when I returned my system unit to the shop I purchased from. They already replaced it with a new one. I just find it odd that it's only gw2 that I'm having trouble with 

A whole system reboot -- and not the game itself crashing -- often points to a power or thermal issue. You may find clues to what caused the reboot in your system logs -- in the Windows Event Viewer, you can filter to reboot events and use those to then look at the logged events around them to see if you can find a reason or cause.

For example, open Event Viewer, select Windows Logs and then System, and on the right side you can hit the Filter Current Log.... option. In the dialog that opens there is a field for entering in Event IDs, and you can use "41,1074,6008" to filter to booting after an improper shutdown, normal shutdown, and unexpected shutdown events, respectively.

It also is possible the log will not tell you much of anything, unfortunately, but it's at least worth a look.

Edited by synk.6907
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, CashCash.9512 said:

I'm using 750 watts gold rated PSU. That was the first suspect when I returned my system unit to the shop I purchased from. They already replaced it with a new one. I just find it odd that it's only gw2 that I'm having trouble with 

Issues don't always have to be tied to the PSU.  Modern systems have all sorts of power management daemons, CPUs will clock up and down on their own, etc.  Could even be that your fans aren't spinning up adequately to keep up with the load the game generates resulting in a thermal issue.  Or incorrect BIOs settings.

Again, not a lot of information about your system provided.  Don't know what kind of graphics settings you're trying to run the game at or what your hardware is to see if there's any BIOs/driver bugs that are maybe the culprit.  Keep all drivers, BIOs, etc. up to date.  Usually turn off any overclocking is a good stop-gap measure while troubleshooting.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 4

Did you build this pc yourself? The first thing i would do is monitor test voltage  and replace the thermal paste. Install core temp and watch the temps and power consumption in game

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is not a GW2 issue. GW2 cannot just randomly reboot your PC.

GW2 can trigger instabilities in your system, drivers, memory, power supply, OS and security software. You will need to test your system for stability or let a computer technician do that for you. Once the computer is stable, you will be able to play GW2 without random restarts.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 1

I had the same problem with my old RX 570 and it was the kernel-power error, especially if I was playing GW2 and played a video on YouTube. I bought an RX 6600 and never had any more problems, I don't know if it was a problem with my power supply since the RX 6600 consumes 50-60w less or if it was a problem with the GPU...

Since u already got a another PSU if you have integrated graphics, try playing with it alone and see if the same thing happens.

Edited by VictorLeal.4102

On 1/5/2024 at 7:08 PM, CashCash.9512 said:

My pc randomly starts when I'm playing the game. The other day it was the map for lvl 1-15. Now, it restarts when I'm in story mode quest in PoF. Any troubleshoot for this?

My pc works fine and don't restart when I'm not playing the game. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-and-run-dxdiag-exe-dad7792c-2ad5-f6cd-5a37-bf92228dfd85

Use DxDiag as link describes and post it here!

As we don't know anything about your hardware or which drivers that you have installed, we need that info to be able to guide you to what can be the cause of crash on your system.

Please add also info about how old each part is as that will not be part of DxDiag(nostic) report. In case you an old mechanical storage device that are failing (even SSD can fail over time).

We need more then you just replaced a 750 Watt 80+Gold rated PSU as that doesn't tell us anything about brand and model of PSU

Wattage isn't going to tell you how each rail will provide stable Voltage. Even a Gold rated PSU might have different tolerance when it needs to balance workload between rails on PSU which again will be depending on how much Watt [effect] your system will need and what it gets from your power outlet in wall, then other models with the same Gold certificate. Remember that your power from wall might also have fluctuations and not be as pure as it should and can also have an impact on what kind power your PSU can deliver as it needs to turn 220-230 Watt (AC) or 120-150 Watt into +3 V, +12 V and some other low Volt to drive your computer components.

Video card also need their own power line directly from PSU when the main power from PCI express slot (where you insert you discrete GPU) isn't enogh (75 Watt is max what PCI Express for video cards are rated to manage).

Make sure your computer isn't  clogged up with dust inside (bring computer to a technician that offers to clean computer in case you don't want to risk ESD that can be created by normal air getting charged and getting discharged on components which can cause issues or damage). All air ways need to free from dust in a computer case and make sure that all fans work properly (use an app like hardware monitor to get an overlay which show when your fans incease RPM during load like when you enter GW2 after log into game).

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Other option is to use MSI Afterburner and set it up to only show an overlay with your fans speed. Both are free to download and use, and MSI Afterburner can be used on any system (you don't need to have any MSI motherboard).

There are guides on how to set up both to be able to see what is going on while you are playing GW2.

https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner/graphics-cards

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437