Request:infusions

Options to making infusions account wide like armor skins and weapon skins.

Giving the players the option to decide if they want to make their infusions bound into their account like skins so they can use it on multiple characters the same time doing this makes it not sellable anymore but you can use it on multiple characters at the same time.

And if they don't bound it to their account  adding some restrictions like if you want to use it on multiple you have to buy more but you can sell them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

They should just separate infusion graphics from gear. Make a new Hero Panel screen, like Jade Bot, where infusions are added to a character. Perhaps Anet just makes them something you unlock, or maybe there are normal and Legendary versions, where only the Legendary versions are shared across an account.

Put the gathering tool graphics there, too, separate from the tools.

• Like 4

Are you talking about legendary infusions ("use it on multiple characters at the same time") or just the cosmetic effects from existing infusions? The idea of grinding out 18 legendary infusions is not appealing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

Are you talking about legendary infusions ("use it on multiple characters at the same time") or just the cosmetic effects from existing infusions? The idea of grinding out 18 legendary infusions is not appealing.

I would actually really like legendary infusions as long as they combined the functionality of Stat, Agony, and WvW infusions.

They probably would, but the problem then becomes the effects. Just because you have a legendary infusion does that mean you get to use the chak infusion 18 times despite never having had it drop for you? Until they separate the stats of infusions from their effects, it's not going to happen. I also don't think they want to do that, as it would really affect the game economy.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I really don't care for infusions. I have some that give me AR so I can do fractals, but that's it. I've made a tidy pile of gold selling infusions with various cosmetic effects because I don't care.

That being said, I'm not a fan of the idea that certain graphics are attached to certain infusions, so if you want the look, you have to use the stats. I'd be all on board with separating them and adding it, as someone else mentioned, to its own area. They JUST added a new gear slot for relics, so they can't say it can't be done. All I ask is that while they're at it, can we mesmers get an infusion with butterflies? Kthxbai!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

All I ask is that while they're at it, can we mesmers get an infusion with butterflies? Kthxbai!

I may or may not also want one that can make my character look like a mesmer illusion... so that I may be the illusion all along. ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hmm some infusion visuals stack with themselves.  If they are going to make 18 visual infusion slots, then that sounds good.  It us just that some infusion effects are so faint that you need 2 or 3 of the same infusion slotted to easily see the visual.

11 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

Why not? You can always use existing infusions if you dont want to grind.

I'd give it a go, if they existed and material cost was not absurd. E.g. 2 times the price of 6 runes and 4 sigils, 3 times even, would be ok for full leggy infus. Though considering the price of agony 9 + 5 stats infusions, what are the odds you can select that with leggy infus? And of course there is the particle vomit infusions.

I suppose they could make a 'slumbering' form of legendary infusions, where you get the stat boost and AR but no visual effect; being free to change the stat whenever out of combat. That does seem very boring though, but at least would preserve the value of existing infusions on the trading post.