Request for Wizards Vault

1 hour ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

Make it accessible for below level 80 characters/accounts. There's no reason to exclude new players from dailies/weeklies. Not everyone and especially new players grind to level 80 in a few hours and they will miss on alot of great stuff till then.

What motivation would players with characters below level 80 have to level up their characters then?

It would also cause too many player to get Wizard's Vault completion (getting the final chest for Daily and Weekly where you get Gold and items that are rewards for putting your time in doing those task to fully get these two chest unlocked).

Before WV we didn't get access with below level 80 character for Daily, so I don't see why this would need to be changed as it would make it even more expensive for new players to get enough Gold to purchase items on BLTP with veteran players that might have a large amount of unfinished low level characters on their accounts. This content are also intended for maps where you are expected to have level 80 to access.

It doesn't take much time to level up any characters in this game as we have plenty of different ways to boost character to level 80 from consumables like level 80 booster (Gem Store item), Birthday Gift and other means in game to get characters up to level 80 after you have at least one character at level 80 on your account.

Map completion are also part of why this isn't a good idea as when you get enough Astral Acclaim to purchase your Legendary starter kit you will also need some mats including Map Completion reward (Gift of Exploration). When characters don't need to even level up to level 80 we would see more players that just expect to get Legendary weapons and armour from WV and don't understand they also need to play other game modes or content to actually get those items fully unlocked (Legendary need items outside of just AA to purchase and Ascended are still most useful when you can craft what you need - which means farming mats).

Doing map completion also will get more player to work in other items that are needed for Ascended crafting or/and Legendary collection while levelling up characters and also unlock maps Waypoints which is needed for other stuff.

If everybody would expect to get other players to spend their time to taxi them around to maps they haven't even visited or have any understanding of what is going on (for meta and for all events on map), then this would be a very bad suggestion as over time as more new players wouldn't even spend time to understand basic things in this game.

Wizard's Vault is meant to be a first start on End Game as it give you the means to work on different goals and at same time direct level 80 players back to maps they wouldn't visit otherwise. 

Here is one video guide how to level up fast:

There are plenty of guide on how to level up fast, so there is no need to change WV to accept characters below level 80.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

Make it accessible for below level 80 characters/accounts. There's no reason to exclude new players from dailies/weeklies. Not everyone and especially new players grind to level 80 in a few hours and they will miss on alot of great stuff till then.

As far as I know Anet haven't said why they restricted the Wizard's Vault to accounts with a level 80 character, but I suspect there's 2 reasons:

1) So new players get to know the game a bit before getting into a routine of doing daily achievements every single day. I know it's easy to fall into the routine (in any game which has them) of 'log in, do daily activities, then think about what to actually play' and easy to end up logging out again at that point, if you're not sure what else to do, which is especially likely if you're new and haven't done much beyond dailies so you're not sure what your options even are.

2) To make it harder for players to set up new accounts purely to farm wizard's vault rewards. There used to be people who advocated buying dozens of accounts (free ones didn't get login rewards) to farm daily login rewards. The fact that you have to be level 80 means it takes longer for a new account to be able to do that. It's unlikely to affect many of the existing alt accounts because one thing that used to come from login rewards was Tomes of Knowledge, but the fact that most AA comes from doing achievements rather than logging in will slow them down a bit.

Personally I'd say the important things for new players to know are they won't actually miss out on anything (all the exclusive rewards go into the 'legacy' tab and are stay available) and in this game levelling up is relatively quick. It's kind of an extended tutorial, it gives them time to get to know the game and how to play it and then they can focus on going after specific rewards.

15 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

What motivation would players with characters below level 80 have to level up their characters then?

The simple answer is that the vast majority of the game is scaled to level 80 so if you don't level up your options are very limited. But in spite of that I don't think players really need a motivation because it's not difficult to do, if anything you'd have a hard time playing PvE without levelling up, because everything gives XP. It would be easier if you stick to PvP or WvW because you could just not use the tomes of knowledge you get, but there's no real reason to do that.

20 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Before WV we didn't get access with below level 80 character for Daily,

That's not true, there used to be different dailies if you were level 80 (and based on which expansions you owned) but they were available to everyone. There were even special dailies which only appeared for accounts below level 30, to replace higher level ones they couldn't do.

If the impact of gold entering the economy from the WV is a concern then I don't think locking it for the minority of players who haven't levelled up and have chosen not to use their level 80 boost is a good solution because that's going to be a tiny proportion of accounts. If Anet thinks the WV is too profitable it would make more sense to change the items available so it's no longer a problem than hope that enough active players remain below level 80 at any given time to balance it out. (Especially since they're also unlikely to be buying many of the items most likely to be affected by inflation.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Probably restricted to help guide new players through content they can actually access. I don't think it'd look great to have a level 20-something saying "Where's the Megadestroyer? The weekly says I need to kill it" only to find out that that's not level 20-something-appropriate content. It's been bad enough with people saying "I haven't been to Dragon's End yet and the weekly is telling me to go do Battle for the Jade Sea!" If they're not going to implement filtering based on what maps you've been to, they definitely won't implement filtering based on what level your characters are.

Just level to 80 and take your time. This game isn't going anywhere and the FOMO is fake. Once you're 80, you'll be so flooded with AA you'll not know what to do with it after buying all the things you want, even at the slightly increased price for "last season's" stuff. Remember, it's a game. Have fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

I dont think wizards vault would be the only reason to level to 80. Kinda weird point.

Before WV we didn't get access with below level 80 character for Daily, so I don't see why this would need to be changed

You were able to complete dailies (the 2g chest and 10 AP) before the changes even when not level 80.

as it would make it even more expensive for new players to get enough Gold to purchase items on BLTP with veteran players that might have a large amount of unfinished low level characters on their accounts.

Doesnt make sense at all. You may wanna explain that to me?

It doesn't take much time to level up any characters in this game as we have plenty of different ways to boost character to level 80 from consumables like level 80 booster (Gem Store item), Birthday Gift and other means in game to get characters up to level 80 after you have at least one character at level 80 on your account.

Im talking about new players. They dont have birthday gifts and when they are on F2P they dont have a boost. Also I think its bad when the game forces you to rush to level 80.

this content are also intended for maps where you are expected to have level 80 to access.

1. Login with any character.

2. Complete a renown heart.

3. Craft 3 masterworks items at a crafting station.

4. Gather 25 crafting resources.

... Just to name a few dailies. I think those are really good intruduction for new players to learn game mechanics.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

Im talking about new players. They dont have birthday gifts and when they are on F2P they dont have a boost. Also I think its bad when the game forces you to rush to level 80.

1. Login with any character.

2. Complete a renown heart.

3. Craft 3 masterworks items at a crafting station.

4. Gather 25 crafting resources.

... Just to name a few dailies. I think those are really good intruduction for new players to learn game mechanics.

Well I did start a new character and it did happen to be a Heart in Wizard's Vault today, so from that I can tell you that your arguments seem a bit far fetched to why change this when you can complete a Heart and get AA in WV?

What you can't do is to gather from nodes as you will be limited by that level your character will be on to equip gathering tools or you only get ruined gathering items (can be sold to NPC vendors for 1 copper). If you have Infinite gathering tools then it doesn't matter what level you character will be at while gathering.

For a new player this will be rather confusing, if they don't know that they need to equip (and change tier on gathering tools to be able to collect materials from nodes).

As for crafting Masterwork tier new player will need to first level up their character to be able to even craft at that tier or refine items (which also counts for WV).

I did also go to Cantha maps and where shot down on my Skyscale and trying to even get to Hero Challenges where there was either a NPC to fight before being able to channel or you have to kill mobs around it to get to it in Cantha where a no-go.

You will get killed too fast and for new player this would only lead to frustration and complains about how easy vets have it as they have it "all".

In short character that are below level 80 can access level 80 maps and content, but will either need other players to protect them (and continuously have to rez them as you will get oneshot too fast to even have time to do a dodge) which would not give a very good experience or impression on a new player to work their way up to level 80.

__

So why are you complaining when it is possible to access WV on a new character and get AA from doing these tasks?

A completely new account without any Mastery will probably have a very hard to time to manage anything else in game before they have unlocked level to fit with map they are playing on.

There are also restriction which unlocks from which level your character will be on, like you can't level up crafting the very first thing to Master crafter (which also you will need mats and Gold to do).

You don't even explain if this a PvE,WvW or PvP issue or something that you just imagine without even having created a new character from scratch and levelled up to discover that some things is locked in WV from doing.

We don't even know if you have all expansion or if you are talking about player that left game while the only content at that time where Core Tyria (before HoT came out) and now return to play just to discover that the Daily reward system have been changed.

My first post was based on the assumption that character below level 80 would not have access to some parts or completely in Wizard's Vault. I should have checked wiki which explains that isn't the case, and I can confirm that there is very few limitation for doing those tasks, if you can survive in those higher level maps.

Dankat did also explain that there are items you get to faster level up like Tome of Knowledge. As WvW player I did get a lot of those also from playing WvW, this have been changed since then, but there is also other WvW currency to buy HP to fast gain access to unlock profession and traits). PvP have also tracks which you can pick that is from PvE maps the same way like in WvW, if you don't want to go to PvE to get items from some maps there.

• Confused 1

Assuming it's to not overwhelm newer players with the confusion of where to go and what to do for dailies (especially when they have bought the expansions but have not gone there yet) and also to keep players with multiple accounts from just logging in on low level characters getting rewards.  

• Like 1

As new player i think that Wizards Vault isnot exactly that good.

I have boosted 1 my character 80 so i can do those, but problem for me is that there is like 6 dailies where u need pick 4 if u want that box.  And moust of them is WvW or pure pvp dailies.

And weekly i have done only 1 line for now.  And special some reason need newest expansion.  I have played atm only 2 weeks and bought thorn and fire expansions.

I think they should make it worth for peoples who dont own all expansions and dont necessary like make every day WvW  if want those materials.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Alleyne.8192 said:

As new player i think that Wizards Vault isnot exactly that good.

I have boosted 1 my character 80 so i can do those, but problem for me is that there is like 6 dailies where u need pick 4 if u want that box.  And moust of them is WvW or pure pvp dailies.

And weekly i have done only 1 line for now.  And special some reason need newest expansion.  I have played atm only 2 weeks and bought thorn and fire expansions.

I think they should make it worth for peoples who dont own all expansions and dont necessary like make every day WvW  if want those materials.

You can pick which modes you want included/excluded from dailies and weeklies. There was a pop-up window that informed you about that the first time you opened WV. Now you can click on the cog wheel on the left side of "daily" tab and still access those settings to exclude modes you don't want to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

So why are you complaining when it is possible to access WV on a new character and get AA from doing these tasks?

I dont think you understood my point. Im not talking about making a new character and doing dailies on them. Im talking about a new player on an account with 0 level 80 characters. Right now it is possible to access WV and the dailies for once after creating your first character. After that you wont be able to access it till you reach level 80. Im suggesting to change that so you can permanently access it no matter what level you are.

As for crafting Masterwork tier new player will need to first level up their character

You can learn a crafting profession at level 1.

What you can't do is to gather from nodes as you will be limited by that level your character will be on to equip gathering tools or you only get ruined gathering items

There are plenty of gathering nodes in the starter areas that new low level players could harvest.

There are also restriction which unlocks from which level your character will be on, like you can't level up crafting the very first thing to Master crafter (which also you will need mats and Gold to do).

I just finished the gathering daily and now im gonna do the crafting daily with the mats I got!

I did also go to Cantha maps and where shot down on my Skyscale and trying to even get to Hero Challenges where there was either a NPC to fight before being able to channel or you have to kill mobs around it to get to it in Cantha where a no-go.

Yeah who hasnt seen the 126 AP level 27 engineer on their skyscale on a Cantha Map :). 

We don't even know if you have all expansion or if you are talking about player that left game while the only content at that time where Core Tyria (before HoT came out) and now return to play just to discover that the Daily reward system have been changed.

That does not matter. If you are a new player:

You make your first character. You join the world. You do you first story, heart map comp or whatever. Then you see  on the top right corner "Dailies: Kill a Veteran". You run around the map and find a veteran mob. You kill it and get some rewards. You see what you can buy with it and are happy. You look for the other dailies. You read: Gather 25 crafting resources. You find a merchant that sells gathering tools. You equip it and start searching for harvesting nodes. You manage to harvest all required nodes and get another reward. You also get 10 AP for completing the final daily chest. You get you first achievement point rewards chest. You choose a cool skin. Your mom calls you for dinner. You turn off your computer already being exited to explore the game even further tomorrow after school. 

Yes there are some weeklies that are restricted to level 80 only. A new player could not do them but thats the same thing if there is a weeklie for example to finish a fractal. If someone  never did fractals you might not do that weeklie then. Dailies are mostly very easy and can be done by any level. It is a good introduction to the content and rewards new players with great stuff.

• Confused 1