Update on Legendary Relic when?

On 1/10/2024 at 12:58 PM, Shuzuru.3651 said:

So, based on that logic, they don't expect it to drive Soto content so it probably won't need much Soto material if not at all.

The reason why they did not expect Legendary Relic to drive Soto content is because they've completely forgotten about it when they designed that content. And only got reminded about it when people brought that up. Still, whole SotO is pretty much designed around several extremely repetitive (and very boring) farming systems (and barely anything else), so it's very likely they will make use of it for the Relic. I sincerely doubt they will manage to restrain themselves from locking the Legendary Relic behind both SotO, and some massive grind (instead of mostly just material costs, like with legendary runes). Additionally, since they wanted us to have to regear in order to (maybe) get back what they have taken away, and clearly stated that the compensation will be partial at best, i am personally expecting the worst.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I haven't played since they announced Relics, and if they don't give me back the functionality I had before Relics, I doubt I'll ever play again. This is a serious breach of trust, and moves the goalposts on EVERYTHING.

Oh, so you think you've got a full set of Legendary trinkets?
Wait until they release new genital rings!

Full set of Legendary armour?
Just wait until they add socks!

Nah, they will just remove the upgrade sockets from armor and add a new legendary gear slot, perhaps "buckles" to hold runes. Then do the same for weapons, backpacks, et.

• Like 1

They're not going to tell us before it launches. The best thing you can do is earn all 7 before the patch launches so maybe they'll give you the head start. I don't know when the cut-off is for who does/doesn't get the bonus. I would avoid even trying to build it for at least 2 months after it launches. I bet you all the tradable mats for it will be sky high and won't even start coming down until then. 

• Like 2