Update on Legendary Relic when?

We're coming closer and closer to the update where the Legendary Relic will be implemented and we still have zero information on what we'll need to create it nor on how people who have Legendary Runes will be compensated other than knowing that they will.

This makes it impossible to start saving up. With the Obsidian Armor, we could guess way in advance what we needed, and while the Relic will undoubtedly be a lot easier and faster it would be nice to know if we need any special stuff that we need to start saving for now, like, any of the map specific soul-bund items? Knowing that we have to start gathering them is quite relevant since you can only get a few of them pr. day if you go total grind on them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

it's basically easy to deduce why we don't know. We don't know because Anet himself doesn't know either, they didn't expect such a backlash with relics. they thought they'd take away our sixth bonus like it was nothing, so people would reinvest gols or gems for something they'd already paid for once and everyone would be happy.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

I would still like to know what we'll need. I can guess we'll need Provisioner's Gifts and we have no idea how many. We're currently 48 days away from the next update. We should at this point have some idea.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

So, you are here since at least 2018 and don't know we probably won't get any preview until 1 or 2 week before the patch. And the preview probably won't be a detailled list of what you need, since it's almost never the case for legendary.

The legendary ow armor is more an exception than the rule and i think the only reason why it's the case is because it's driving a lot the content of Soto, they were kinda forced to disclosed it to make people play the content.

So, based on that logic, they don't expect it to drive Soto content so it probably won't need much Soto material if not at all.

Edited by Shuzuru.3651
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

So, you are here since at least 2018 and don't know we probably won't get any preview until 1 or 2 week before the patch. And the preview probably won't be a detailled list of what you need, since it's almost never the case for legendary.

The legendary ow armor is more an exception than the rule and i think the only reason why it's the case is because it's driving a lot the content of Soto, they were kinda forced to disclosed it to make people play the content.

So, based on that logic, they don't expect it to drive Soto content so it probably won't need much Soto material if not at all.

The context is different. Legendary items are luxury items that only offer various quality-of-life benefits over Ascended items. Meanwhile, Relics are an integral part of your playstyle and while normal Relics exist, a Legendary Relic would provide tangible gameplay benefits.

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

We haven't even gotten a preview of the Legendary Obsidian Armor yet, aside from the concept art, and people have been already working towards it for almost half a year. I no longer expect any information on the Legendary Relic until it becomes available in-game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

We haven't even gotten a preview of the Legendary Obsidian Armor yet, aside from the concept art, and people have been already working towards it for almost half a year. I no longer expect any information on the Legendary Relic until it becomes available in-game.

Incorrect, you can sus out what you need from the Collection for it. It's the same with all Legendaries now. However, it is annoying that getting an item for one will update all the others if there's an item overlap.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Malus.2184 said:

The context is different. Legendary items are luxury items that only offer various quality-of-life benefits over Ascended items. Meanwhile, Relics are an integral part of your playstyle and while normal Relics exist, a Legendary Relic would provide tangible gameplay benefits.

Well, legendary relic is... a legendary item

And switching from berserker to harrier is as much a gameplay altering thing as switching relic...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Well, legendary relic is... a legendary item

And switching from berserker to harrier is as much a gameplay altering thing as switching relic...

You can still do it easier than you can change Relics, it's also a conscious choice that makes your gameplay experience differ a lot, and in the meanwhile, you can use different Relics for the same Build depending on what you want to do. This is a different thing than what you allude to.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I meant a preview of the SKINS (hence the concept art reference).

There would be no visual component to the Legendary Relic other than the icon itself. Besides, ANet promised in an earlier statement that they would return when more info was available on the Legendary Relic, specifically on the reimbursement from the Legendary Runes. It's less than seven weeks to go. They should know more by now or at the least have an idea of what it'll be..

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Malus.2184 said:

There would be no visual component to the Legendary Relic other than the icon itself.

🤦‍♀️

Okay, let me rephrase it: We have not gotten all the important information on the Legendary Armor sets yet (namely the actual in-game visuals), so what makes you think we will get any information on the Legendary Relic beforehand?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

for me, for now, it would be enough to know what achievements I need to have ready for the leg. relic. Do I have to complete all relic sets ? That would mean I'm making/buying 50 that I don't use. I think there are 58 in total. Just to be safe, I keep them in the bank, so I have a dusty inventory... Or would there be no need for that? We just don't know anything.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Since when do we need to know every recipe for any and all items before they're added to the game?

2024 gaming culture: demand to know what to grind before it releases, so you can have it day 1, so you can complain about no reward incentives once the content is out. 🫠

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

🤦‍♀️

Okay, let me rephrase it: We have not gotten all the important information on the Legendary Armor sets yet (namely the actual in-game visuals), so what makes you think we will get any information on the Legendary Relic beforehand?

ANet stating that we would get some information about the compensation for Legendary Runes in direct correlation with the Relic.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Loctar.3987 said:

for me, for now, it would be enough to know what achievements I need to have ready for the leg. relic. Do I have to complete all relic sets ? That would mean I'm making/buying 50 that I don't use. I think there are 58 in total. Just to be safe, I keep them in the bank, so I have a dusty inventory... Or would there be no need for that? We just don't know anything.

The crafted ones you can make into Research Notes. The ones from the chests count as crafted. Once you have them the relevant Collection item is rewarded and you can freely dispose of them.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

2024 gaming culture: demand to know what to grind before it releases, so you can have it day 1, so you can complain about no reward incentives once the content is out. 🫠

"Let me make a strawman and then look good insulting that pile of straws!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

18 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

Sure, doesn't change what I said though.

Since when has "I need to know everything about something before it releases" become the baseline?

I mean in the end, you'll know ahead of time anyway due to datamining of game files. Still doesn't mean the developers owe you any info. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

ANet has never given out recipes before release and I doubt they will start now. They don't owe us this information. Legendaries are long term goals where a few days more or less won't make a difference. You can still speculate though.

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Malus.2184 said:

Well, there was no strawman in the question asked there and yet you skipped it. I guess respond the question and we'll see if it indeed is a strawman, for now it doesn't really look like one. What other reason behind your request is there if it's not about chasing for the unlock on day 1?

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Since when do we need to know every recipe for any and all items before they're added to the game?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

ANet stating that we would get some information about the compensation for Legendary Runes in direct correlation with the Relic.

I don't recall them ever saying that, only that we would get "significant progress" towards the related collection(s) if we possess all 6-7 Legendary Runes.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Really? Cause I had it in 2023, it got removed and I'm still waiting for it to be re-added, even hoping for scraps of information on it. 2024 gaming culture alright, being annoyed with the studio not stating anything whatsoever about the n-th mess they've produced.

And you know what I'll be doing after I craft it, hopefully day 1? Craft what I was planning to craft next before the studio decided to add another item slot. Woah, so 2024 man, really 2024.

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

the way they've spaced the content out is horrible.  THe showpiece of the entire expansion is legendary pve armor, and we still pretty much have no idea how to get it.  Were not sure exactly how much it costs, and it still isnt out yet.  Seems like a terrible decision since its one of the main selling points of the expansion, especially since they allow us to grind for something that we cannot obtain yet and were not sure how much of it to grind.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8