Well-Rested Bonus

11 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

As somebody who wasn't sitting on thousands of Spirit Shards before multiple nerfs to SS rewards, they've been my bottleneck for creating legendaries. Parking all my characters in Wizard's Tower for the 25% XP boost is helping me out considerably, so it is not a minimal benefit for me.

I prefer to keep my characters parked in Mistlock Sanctuary so I can teleport back to previous locations, so having the Arborstone mastery affect all non-combat areas (cities and lounges) would be a nice convenience upgrade.

got 29.8k spirit shards how many do you need per legendary again?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

I have to know: what exactly are people spending shards on? Promotion is dull as hell for a few silver a pop. So what does that leave that i'm missing?

I was wondering about that too.

Spirit Shards are used for a lot of things, but many of those are one-time purchases (either literally limited to once per account or skins which you only need to buy once because then they're in the wardrobe). Other than that the main use is buying items for making ascended and legendary equipment, so I assume some people are doing that on a regular basis, but then I would have thought all the other materials and currencies required would be more of a barrier than spirit shards.

They're also used to upgrade siege for WvW, but I'd just buy the superior siege from the Heroics Notary (or the Portable Provisioner, so you can buy it when you need it instead of filling up bag space).

31 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

I have to know: what exactly are people spending shards on? Promotion is dull as hell for a few silver a pop. So what does that leave that i'm missing?

Legendaries.

One thing I started to learn when doing them : gold deplete slower than spirit shards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 5:31 AM, LSD.4673 said:

1, legendaries

2, spirit banners which are 25 per (yes, I bought way too many of them a long time ago)

3, gen 3 precursors.  For a while I was able to net 100-120 gold profit per precursor and it was 50 spirit shards to make one which works out to like 2 to 2.4 gold per spirit shard.  1000 Imperial favor though which is the real pain there for most people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/16/2024 at 6:02 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

I was wondering about that too.

Spirit Shards are used for a lot of things, but many of those are one-time purchases (either literally limited to once per account or skins which you only need to buy once because then they're in the wardrobe). Other than that the main use is buying items for making ascended and legendary equipment, so I assume some people are doing that on a regular basis, but then I would have thought all the other materials and currencies required would be more of a barrier than spirit shards.

They're also used to upgrade siege for WvW, but I'd just buy the superior siege from the Heroics Notary (or the Portable Provisioner, so you can buy it when you need it instead of filling up bag space).

I dunno if I'm weird on this one but I'm at a point where I'm 160 gold and like 570k karma away from being able to finish a Leggie both of which I have with plenty of comfort, but I need ~170 more spirit shards.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1