Sort of surprised they didn't touch Guard

It may be that scrapper after the successive nerfs to nades, and stealth and... well anyway is just not competitive anymore biasing my opinion, but man are there a lot of guardians playing out there today, they can run valk but still hit like a truck and have blocks (and ports and invuln variants).    Is anyone else weirded out that they didn' do anything about the spew of 12k, 8k, CC you in a circle fest that seems to be going on.    I mean if I really dodge everything and live long enough for them to burn through all their defences, I can get one... but I have to be perfect for like 20 seconds before I can even get a window (I don't get unblockables).

I think you can kind of tell the tuning is off from the sheer rise in popularity of the class, it's kind of like the flood of rangers from the previous silliness.   Why do you figure they didn't do anything to tweak it in the balance patch?

I mean to put it in perspective, running at 18k health, if I stand right on top of someone, I can grenade barrage for 7 - 8k once every 20 some odd seconds.   

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

Considering how long it took for the to touch Death's Advance on Rifle. I'm not shocked in the slightest.

Scrapper is still totally capable doing work, it just isn't a lopsided win anymore when having them.

I think it's because DH is kind of a niche right now and they tend to focus on mATs for results, probably. It's why Specter constantly got smacked in the face again and again. Especially Sc/Pi 3's ability to slow so much.

I've seen DHs running things like Defender Relic to be a pseudo on-node fighter or Brawler Relic to be a roamer sort of thing. I think people are still trying to figure out what to do with it, because it does have potential to do things, but other things are just better at it and/or just move faster.

It'll just take for it to be an actual meta to get a proper slap to the face, but that won't be for a bit most likely. Especially if Firebrand actually ends up being a decent support choice.

• Thanks 2

They're definitely waiting up for what the meta will look like after the new weapons release. A huge balance patch now would have made no sense especially with something like DH that has been nerfed throughout since release and still is an innate noob snatcher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

They buffed dh f2 🤣

Gonna be Scourge / DH meta for a while. 

I see LB ranger in my near future then, double point barrage @1700... counter low skill playstyles with even lower skill playstyles; Gw2 😜

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I see LB ranger in my near future then, double point barrage @1700... counter low skill playstyles with even lower skill playstyles; Gw2 😜

boy are you in luck then because the barrage change is wvw only

arrow carts don't exist in spvp silly

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

don't forget ranger unblockable if they use aegis when u burst

• Confused 1

On 1/19/2024 at 11:48 AM, Vinny.7260 said:

Considering how long it took for the to touch Death's Advance on Rifle. I'm not shocked in the slightest.

Scrapper is still totally capable doing work, it just isn't a lopsided win anymore when having them.

I think it's because DH is kind of a niche right now and they tend to focus on mATs for results, probably. It's why Specter constantly got smacked in the face again and again. Especially Sc/Pi 3's ability to slow so much.

I've seen DHs running things like Defender Relic to be a pseudo on-node fighter or Brawler Relic to be a roamer sort of thing. I think people are still trying to figure out what to do with it, because it does have potential to do things, but other things are just better at it and/or just move faster.

It'll just take for it to be an actual meta to get a proper slap to the face, but that won't be for a bit most likely. Especially if Firebrand actually ends up being a decent support choice.

I use DH to watch between home and mid, and when the right time comes along I bonk bonk with hammer 

On 1/20/2024 at 1:53 AM, Shagie.7612 said:

spvp bonus event starting on the 23rd, no DH nerfs?
it's gonna be great lol

some poor sucker's gonna get BLASTED in his very first game

If I remember correctly DHs DMG has ways been there. It's just recently that everyone is playing one.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/20/2024 at 5:37 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Bring double barrage to sPvP!

Send pet in from 1500 for combat, merge, step back a bit, swap to LB, then 2 free barrages at 1600, +piercing force fire on auto/LB2. Its pretty fking funny watching anybody on point have to vacate or die. Its what, 40-60k dmg to each person fully hit/peirce @1600 range, absolutely comical game design.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3