Automated Tournaments is full of Diversity and unique comps

Nighthawk.4687

Well. You probably just don't play enough classes to counter the current comp metas. Lemme guess, you only play ranger and maybe spellbreaker and think that's all it takes to win? You need minimum 500 - 1000 games played with every class and specialization, that's 26,000 games which is easy because GW2 has the best matchmaking system in professional gaming. When you have these games played you can switch to a class that counters the composition you proposed in your comment and in turn win the game. I'm so tired of these millennial GW2 players thinking that these wins are just going to be given to them, you have to work for it, and eventually, you will succeed, That's the American way plane and simple. Also, Minesweeper cannot compare in any way to GW2. Firstly, Minesweeper has terrible graphics. GW2 runs on a modified version of the GW1 engine which was revolutionary, to say the least! Also, Can you play with more than 10+ people at one time in an elite PvE/PvP/PvX Environment? I don't think so. Honestly, your argument is so invalid that I have faith that an ArenaNet employee will take down your comment for "falsely spreading misinformation." To finish off, nothing will kill the PvP scene in GW2. It is thriving and continuing to push boundaries in the MMO Genre along with the professional video game scene or more commonly known as ESPORTS and If you can't take the heat, then you better get out of the kitchen :3

@SandwichMan.6184 said:Well. You probably just don't play enough classes to counter the current comp metas. Lemme guess, you only play ranger and maybe spellbreaker and think that's all it takes to win? You need minimum 500 - 1000 games played with every class and specialization, that's 26,000 games which is easy because GW2 has the best matchmaking system in professional gaming. When you have these games played you can switch to a class that counters the composition you proposed in your comment and in turn win the game. I'm so tired of these millennial GW2 players thinking that these wins are just going to be given to them, you have to work for it, and eventually, you will succeed, That's the American way plane and simple. Also, Minesweeper cannot compare in any way to GW2. Firstly, Minesweeper has terrible graphics. GW2 runs on a modified version of the GW1 engine which was revolutionary, to say the least! Also, Can you play with more than 10+ people at one time in an elite PvE/PvP/PvX Environment? I don't think so. Honestly, your argument is so invalid that I have faith that an ArenaNet employee will take down your comment for "falsely spreading misinformation." To finish off, nothing will kill the PvP scene in GW2. It is thriving and continuing to push boundaries in the MMO Genre along with the professional video game scene or more commonly known as ESPORTS and If you can't take the heat, then you better get out of the kitchen :3

The denial is strong with this one. Reminds me of DC fans trying to defend DCU movies.

@Shaogin.2679 said:

@SandwichMan.6184 said:Well. You probably just don't play enough classes to counter the current comp metas. Lemme guess, you only play ranger and maybe spellbreaker and think that's all it takes to win? You need minimum 500 - 1000 games played with every class and specialization, that's 26,000 games which is easy because GW2 has the best matchmaking system in professional gaming. When you have these games played you can switch to a class that counters the composition you proposed in your comment and in turn win the game. I'm so tired of these millennial GW2 players thinking that these wins are just going to be given to them, you have to work for it, and eventually, you will succeed, That's the American way plane and simple. Also, Minesweeper cannot compare in any way to GW2. Firstly, Minesweeper has terrible graphics. GW2 runs on a modified version of the GW1 engine which was revolutionary, to say the least! Also, Can you play with more than 10+ people at one time in an elite PvE/PvP/PvX Environment? I don't think so. Honestly, your argument is so invalid that I have faith that an ArenaNet employee will take down your comment for "falsely spreading misinformation." To finish off, nothing will kill the PvP scene in GW2. It is thriving and continuing to push boundaries in the MMO Genre along with the professional video game scene or more commonly known as ESPORTS and If you can't take the heat, then you better get out of the kitchen :3

The denial is strong with this one. Reminds me of DC fans trying to defend DCU movies.

Pretty sure he's just joking.

.. god I hope he is.

@witcher.3197 said:

@Shaogin.2679 said:

Pretty sure he's just joking.

.. god I hope he is.

http://www.darkchoocoolat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Skooma.png

@Razor.6392 said:Aren't there outlier metabreaker comps at all? I remember back when I watched comp LoL in 2011 or so, teams would sometimes surprise with their picks, trying new strats and such.

Is there really nothing that can beat that setup?

I want to see 5 DEs oneshotting everyone.

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Aren't there outlier metabreaker comps at all? I remember back when I watched comp LoL in 2011 or so, teams would sometimes surprise with their picks, trying new strats and such.

I want to see 5 DEs One-shoting themselves with one Reflect =D

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

You can't 1-shot yourself with a reflect because reflects don't benefit from the malice bonus.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

You can't 1-shot yourself with a reflect because reflects don't benefit from the malice bonus.

Does reflect benefit from a 190% Critical DMG on a skill that deals almost 1.5 k Base or does it calculates enemy stats?

By the way I did one-shot myself as a DE, so... =D

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

Does reflect benefit from a 190% Critical DMG on a skill that deals almost 1.5 k Base or does it calculates enemy stats?

By the way I did one-shot myself as a DE, so... =D

It calculates from the stats, traits and damage bonuses of the enemy that reflects it.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

Basi?

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

I wonder if a deadeye uses death's judgement on another deadeye that is using dagger storm and has full malice stacks from marking the first deadeye, would the reflected shot hit for full malice boosted damage?

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

Basi?

Cooldowns =D

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

Basi?

Cooldowns =D

In perfect world where all 5 enemies got killed, it would take them time to get back to points. Problem is time to build malice rather i think. OR sniping off spawn point??? D8

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

Basi?

Cooldowns =D

In perfect world where all 5 enemies got killed, it would take them time to get back to points. Problem is time to build malice rather i think. OR sniping off spawn point??? D8

I can already see the DEs stuck in Kneel inside billion Scourge AoEs should they want to keep Node =D

@Nighthawk.4687 said:Not, literally every game is 2 scourges and a firebrand, might as well go play minesweeper cause there is more variety in that game than gw2 pvp right now.

ah not true? I have my team running around with 1deadeye, mesmer, Firebrand, Ranger, Warrior. It's a great damn way to counter 2 necros that's for sure and we been placing third or fourth every time we play.

we might swap to maybe 1 necro and remove a thief however running 2 of necro or fb is BORING and pretty awful as well.

@huehuehueh.5106 said:There are a herd of noobies who only play the cheese/preceived op class of the meta. Last season it was condi thief and ventari rev, all those have died out and people have moved on to the new cheese, scourge and firebrand.

i mean what do you expect ? It's given to them and i don't see why people wouldn't use something that's consider OP if it's to carry them in a game. Each of those two classes you name has a hard counter just like anything else, and after a while a majority of them aren't so great either if you have the proper team to counter them with. I honestly think every class at the moment pretty broken in their own way.

IF im not mistaken you're a warrior main, Unless im mistaken which i apologizes but you're username seems VERY familiar and im certain i gone against you multiple times during AT. Usually lose to you're team but like i said thats if im thinking of the proper guy or gal.

@Nighthawk.4687 said:Not, literally every game is 2 scourges and a firebrand, might as well go play minesweeper cause there is more variety in that game than gw2 pvp right now.

I've tested out builds and stuffs with people from different ranks. Everytime i did, we got facerolled 500-50 on first round by firebrand/spellbreakers/scourges top team. And this was with gold/plat players. You can guess why people don't bother much with tournaments.

If we had more rounds like in GW1, we would see much more diversity

@zoopop.5630 said:

@huehuehueh.5106 said:There are a herd of noobies who only play the cheese/preceived op class of the meta. Last season it was condi thief and ventari rev, all those have died out and people have moved on to the new cheese, scourge and firebrand.

i mean what do you expect ? It's given to them and i don't see why people wouldn't use something that's consider OP if it's to carry them in a game. Each of those two classes you name has a hard counter just like anything else, and after a while a majority of them aren't so great either if you have the proper team to counter them with. I honestly think every class at the moment pretty broken in their own way.

IF im not mistaken you're a warrior main, Unless im mistaken which i apologizes but you're username seems VERY familiar and im certain i gone against you multiple times during AT. Usually lose to you're team but like i said thats if im thinking of the proper guy or gal.

I main druid, but yeah, I said its the perceived op class, not that it is an op class. I wish the balance team would make things more even, establish a pecking order of class counters rather than having some specs poking out as clear winners, firebrand is the new and better support elementalist and scourge is as easy as press f1 then press f5. I wish the skill ceiling was higher for the amount of conditions this class can throw out.

Dedicated necro support has changed from engi to ele to firebrand which is interesting to see but I feel that people are forced to because its clearly the best option rather than having the option to use others situationally. It would be cool to see people using engi gyro deaths to generate shroud for scourges but why would they when they have enough as it is and the boon mancer that is firebrand to send them instantly to full health. Scourge is just so much better is because they can heal while using shroud abilities vs reaper which had to coordinate their shroud uptime with the healer to get healed.

I also dislike that there are classes which are clear underperformers like renegade and weaver, and I do think any hot or core specs will be rebalanced to keep pace with what they released in pof.

In AT's though it really is less about an "op comp" and more about the players skill levels, class knowledge, multiclassing for hotswapability, and rotations, playing those comps. You can have teams which seem unbeatable to people like triple scourge, double firebrand but they get wrecked by more balanced teams with some ranged capability like druid, druid, war, mes, scourge.

Archived