Wizard Vault Daily Suggestion

I think that anet should bring back the unique rewards for each task in the dailies and weeklies sections like the old system. I think those rewards give flavor to rewards, a unique sense of achievement for each task, and give motivation to do certain tasks that one might skip if the cost (time and effort) vs reward for those tasks are too low when compared with the astral acclaim they give. The astral acclaim rewards per task should remain the same and still give a universal sense of progression towards selected wizards vault rewards (the introduced system was still a step up in increasing player autonomy in play choice for rewards). Your thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

No, please don't bring back all those daily chests and their cheap or rather useless content that just clutters the inventory again. Except the mystic forge daily, 10 AA per daily is also worth more than most of the old rewards anyway I think.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

No, please don't bring back all those daily chests and their cheap or rather useless content that just clutters the inventory again. Except the mystic forge daily, 10 AA per daily is also worth more than most of the old rewards anyway I think.

What if those daily chests had more useful (but not OP) rewards added like lower tier cloth and leather (for ascended and legendary mid crafting materials)?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ronkul.1320 said:

What if those daily chests had more useful (but not OP) rewards added like lower tier cloth and leather (for ascended and legendary mid crafting materials)?

The rewards from the vault are already very good, maybe even too good, so no need to add even more in my opinion. The material could just be added to the vault as an option if needed.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

The rewards from the vault are already very good, maybe even too good, so no need to add even more in my opinion. The material could just be added to the vault as an option if needed.

I was thinking of giving specific/unique rewards for the tasks this way rather than the vault to slightly nudge players into doing the leftover tasks (ones not needed for dailies/weeklies) that are less popular usually due to the low cost (effort and time) vs reward (same AA reward amount). AA seems to still shared the same pitfalls of the karma system because of its universal nature.

Edited by ronkul.1320
  • Confused 2

I don't think any changes are needed here, other than perhaps more (non-cosmetic) things to spend AA on (currencies, keys, PvP/WvW reward track stuff, etc. as examples). As it is right now, players are in charge of their rewards with the AA system, and I think that's great. Less "I don't care about this but I do it anyway to check this off the to-do list."

Plenty of players do play with the "to-do list" attitude, to the point that several need to be reminded that "if you don't like <daily/weekly activity>, don't do it." Such examples, for PvE, that I can think of include daily activity, mini-dungeon (see Spirit Vestibule), certain jumping puzzles, strikes and/or fractals, etc. The whole point of the system is to provide options to get dailies and weeklies done without forcing players to do everything and lessen the amount of disliked activities being done.

The improvements to the WV system that are needed most are in those options, not in the rewards system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

I don't think any changes are needed here, other than perhaps more (non-cosmetic) things to spend AA on (currencies, keys, PvP/WvW reward track stuff, etc. as examples). As it is right now, players are in charge of their rewards with the AA system, and I think that's great. Less "I don't care about this but I do it anyway to check this off the to-do list."

Plenty of players do play with the "to-do list" attitude, to the point that several need to be reminded that "if you don't like <daily/weekly activity>, don't do it." Such examples, for PvE, that I can think of include daily activity, mini-dungeon (see Spirit Vestibule), certain jumping puzzles, strikes and/or fractals, etc. The whole point of the system is to provide options to get dailies and weeklies done without forcing players to do everything and lessen the amount of disliked activities being done.

The improvements to the WV system that are needed most are in those options, not in the rewards system.

I was thinking of those changes to nudge players in the direction of underused or underplayed game activities but not a "need." It does not have to be a check of list type scenario. Also we also have some mechanics like this in place for some maps like map specific armor/weapons or the map bonus rewards (which is more similar to what I was talking about but more specific in activity for what I was talking about like JPs).

Edited by ronkul.1320
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, ronkul.1320 said:

I was thinking of giving specific/unique rewards for the tasks this way rather than the vault to slightly nudge players into doing the leftover tasks (ones not needed for dailies/weeklies) that are less popular usually due to the low cost (effort and time) vs reward (same AA reward amount). AA seems to still shared the same pitfalls of the karma system because of its universal nature.

So which ones should get additional rewards and which ones not, because the cost / reward ratio is not the same for every player, every day and also depends on the expansions you own, also many of the longer task like strikes , JPs, mini-dungeons etc. already have their own rewards.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

So which ones should get additional rewards and which ones not, because the cost / reward ratio is not the same for every player, every day and also depends on the expansions you own, also many of the longer task like strikes , JPs, mini-dungeons etc. already have their own rewards.

Anet would have to find a way to balance that out like how they did the rest of the game and the system before. Also the rewards for longer tasks do have rewards but they are one time only rewards in the achievement panel (though there are weekly strikes there).

• Confused 3

28 minutes ago, ronkul.1320 said:

Anet would have to find a way to balance that out like how they did the rest of the game and the system before. Also the rewards for longer tasks do have rewards but they are one time only rewards in the achievement panel (though there are weekly strikes there).

So which tasks do you mean as an example? Because I guess one of the most hated and longest ones is spirit vestibule and this one e.g. already gives about 2 - 3g or even more, so a bit of low level mats won't help much there.

Edited by Schimmi.6872
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Yes, this.  Please don't bring them back.  I don't want the return of useless repair canisters or educational supplies that I don't need or other useless stuff.   I could see adding WvW/PvP potions back as an option in WV. 

I much prefer the WV and being able to choose what I get....I have more mystic coins that usual, more gold, and a cool mount skin.  I have a lot of research notes from the ascended armor box, which is helpful.  

Dailies take me on average 5-10 minutes.  Many can be done simultaneously .  I feel adequately rewarded for my time, and see no need in reworking the system again so I can get leather.  Get the gold ...buy the mats of YOUR choice.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ronkul.1320 said:

I was thinking of those changes to nudge players in the direction of underused or underplayed game activities but not a "need."

Players who don't already do certain content probably won't be encouraged to do it with a simple nudge.  I know that I avoid the Activities and mini-dungeon ones and just wait for the next daily because I really don't care for that content.  There would have to be some really significant rewards to encourage me, and I just don't see Anet doing that.  /shrug

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

So which tasks do you mean as an example? Because I guess one of the most hated and longest ones is spirit vestibule and this one e.g. already gives about 2 - 3g or even more, so a bit of low level mats won't help much there.

Maybe some of the core JP's and mini dungeons for a starter they seem well liked when they were first introduced? I could see your point on spirit vestibule.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

Ah yes, writs of experience and resonating sliver, they were great rewards and really compelled me to do PvE dailies.

Maybe tomes of knowledge instead? Yea writs of experience are only good for leveling up and useless everywhere else. Like many have said the wvw potions were a thing and some mats like lower tier (but not lowest tier) mats like leather, cloth, wood, maybe iron/platinum now (since Deldrimor Steel Ingots have gone up)?

Edited by ronkul.1320
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, ronkul.1320 said:

Maybe tomes of knowledge instead? Yea writs of experience are only good for leveling up and useless everywhere else. Like many have said the wvw potions were a thing and some mats like lower tier (but not lowest tier) mats like leather, cloth, wood, maybe iron/platinum now (since Deldrimor Steel Ingots have gone up)?

You still get the WvW potions, they're just auto-consume versions now, and are dependent on the number of WvW dailies you do (up to 4 when you claim the chest).

Considering you had to manually use each one before, it's less bother having less crap to click.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

You still get the WvW potions, they're just auto-consume versions now, and are dependent on the number of WvW dailies you do (up to 4 when you claim the chest).

Considering you had to manually use each one before, it's less bother having less crap to click.

Good to know :]

Some tasks i hate, and will do anything to avoid them, or due to general storyline progresion are not avaible for me, but are still in objective. For example hate jumping puzzles in general. Also bounties could be hard, especially when nobody runs them or broadcast them in lfg in mysterious way *some bounty hunt in deser* does not tell much.

So the present system is as good as it could be.

Maybe they could add +1 potencial objective to daily/weekly so there will be more options to skip.

There is nothig fun in being forced to run some inferior content, and sometimes it just makes me take break from the game.

Edited by evilcat.6817
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, evilcat.6817 said:

Some tasks i hate, and will do anything to avoid them, or due to general storyline progresion are not avaible for me, but are still in objective. For example hate jumping puzzles in general. Also bounties could be hard, especially when nobody runs them or broadcast them in lfg in mysterious way *some bounty hunt in deser* does not tell much.

Maybe they could add +1 potencial objective to daily/weekly so there will be more options to skip.

There is nothig fun in being forced to run some inferior content, and sometimes it just makes me take break from the game.

I agree with having more options for dailies/weeklies like the old system (maybe a cap on the number of AA you can get totally from daily tasks so that the total AA is balanced but you get more choices?), but I think that a little nudge with "good enough" but not "necessary" rewards could help nudge players towards those undesirable activities if they are on the fence about it (especially when cost vs reward tends to not be calculated for tasks within the same daily/weekly like you said with JPs where the AA reward is the same per task).

22 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

For spirit vestibule, I would recommended Chunk of Ancient Ambergris for the task (as another source for it). You said this one gives about 2-3g already so have a task give a about 2g worth of 1 Chunk of Ancient Ambergris (since tasks are random and may not repeat for a while). Also Chunk of Ancient Ambergris is a cantha based mat and spirit vestibule is in cantha?

On 1/21/2024 at 6:43 AM, Schimmi.6872 said:

23 hours ago, Kiki.9450 said:

22 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Yes, this.  Please don't bring them back.  I don't want the return of useless repair canisters or educational supplies that I don't need or other useless stuff.   I could see adding WvW/PvP potions back as an option in WV. 

I much prefer the WV and being able to choose what I get....I have more mystic coins that usual, more gold, and a cool mount skin.  I have a lot of research notes from the ascended armor box, which is helpful.  

Dailies take me on average 5-10 minutes.  Many can be done simultaneously .  I feel adequately rewarded for my time, and see no need in reworking the system again so I can get leather.  Get the gold ...buy the mats of YOUR choice.  

18 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Players who don't already do certain content probably won't be encouraged to do it with a simple nudge.  I know that I avoid the Activities and mini-dungeon ones and just wait for the next daily because I really don't care for that content.  There would have to be some really significant rewards to encourage me, and I just don't see Anet doing that.  /shrug

49 minutes ago, evilcat.6817 said:

OP, the sentiment against your suggestion seems pretty clear to me. And I'm afraid I have to agree with what all these folks are saying here. The old system gave me a lot of useless junk. I really, really like that the WV allows me to choose my own rewards. As for your suggestion about "nudges", the activities bore me and it would have to be a massive reward to get me to waste time on them. The Spirit Vestibule? Nope, not gonna do it, no matter how many carrots you dangle in front of my face. There are improvements that can be made to the WV but to me, those improvements would be things that give me more choices, not things that try to push me to do things I don't like or am bored by. I'm talking about improvements like adding more rewards to the WV as well as giving more options for dailies and weeklies. Those are the kinds of improvements I would welcome, not the "nudges" you are suggesting.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

Then would more dailies/weeklies in the achievement tab of the hero panel for undesirable activities (due to high cost vs reward) like JP's and adventures/mini-games and mini dungeons be preferable? It would separate itself from the wizard's vault stuff while adding onto an already existing daily/weekly system for some activities in game.

Edited by ronkul.1320
  • Confused 2

I think it is fine, no need to add more, no need to add bonus chests for completing objectives. There are some days that I only do 2 dailies, but most of the time I can complete 3-4 in 5-10 minutes. There is plenty of AA to go around, and no need to incentivize certain objectives.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1