No Progression in Wizards Vault, Wasted 2 HOURS

So this month there are a lot of Kryptis Rift Special tasks in the Wizards Vault, I purchased the SOTO expansion on purpose so I could do the Special events.

Today went to Sparkfly Fen to do "Complete 15 T3 Kryptis Rift, etc  and joined a commander there, farmed for like 2 hours just to see that I made ZERO PROGRESS in my Special tasks!

What? Is this a bug?  If not why there is nothing that tells us that in the tasks? Anet?

Edited by TYTan.5246
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TYTan.5246 said:

So this month there are a lot of Kryptis Rift Special tasks in the Wizards Vault, I purchased the SOTO expansion on purpose so I could do the Special events.

Today went to Sparkfly Fen to do "Complete 15 T3 Kryptis Rift" "kill 500 Kryptis", etc  and joined a commander there, farmed for like 2 hours just to see that I made ZERO PROGRESS in my Special tasks!

What? Is this a bug?  If not why there is nothing that tells us that in the tasks? Anet?

I think it's a bug. Straits of Devastation has the same problem. Other zones seem to work fine for these tasks though.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, TYTan.5246 said:

Today went to Sparkfly Fen to do "Complete 15 T3 Kryptis Rift" "kill 500 Kryptis", etc  and joined a commander there, farmed for like 2 hours just to see that I made ZERO PROGRESS in my Special tasks!

just a quick FYI, the task is "Collect 500 Kryptis Essences during Convergences " not "kill 500 Kyrptis"

a Convergance is a special instanced event like Dragon Storm, accessable from the Wizards Tower

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Qys.5937 said:

That and Sparkfly is like T1 stuff. Don't think I've ever seen anything higher outside of a SoTO map. You should be able to do the daily close a rift and kill Kryptis stuff though. 

There are T2 and T3s on the other maps. There's even an achievement for doing rifts of each tier on all of the maps.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

just a quick FYI, the task is "Collect 500 Kryptis Essences during Convergences " not "kill 500 Kyrptis"

a Convergance is a special instanced event like Dragon Storm, accessable from the Wizards Tower

True, that part is not in open world

10 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I was under the impression it only worked in level 80 zones. But that time isn't really wasted, unless you have no intention of making any open world legendary armor.

I "think" Sandswept has bugged prior. But I might test this to see at some point

Farmed the 15 T3 in Timberline Falls when that one wa son rotation, I think. (I think the week when the new special with T3s got added this season.) There it worked. I only remember from the beginning that some dailies Kryptis Rift event tasks did not complete when you did them in certain maps. (I think the SotO maps only worked. Back then.)

Edited by Luthan.5236