Druid needs nerf

Druid is strong but only the healing element, the rest of this kits is less than ideal in most situations. 

When get down to the raw HPS most comes from Regeneration or resurrection ticks from Glyph of the Stars being counted in arc. 

You want a negative list. 

Druid is the least mobile of all other Ranger professions especially after Staff got added to any Ranger.

Stealth is good but it is extremely short, really only useful for un-targeting yourself from low skilled players.

Taking any damage on Druid means giving up your OP Healing or Alacrity. 

Druid has almost no Stability, even the video shows him being CC half the time.

I mean I could go on. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

If it were that bad, I wouldn’t be seeing a druid in almost every match…

Think we see them now because of DH nerf--one of the big counters to Druid was DH trap/trueshot combo, as supporting allies is done in melee for Druid.  

It is alternative to core guard, but one I'd argue that is worse unless you outskill your opponents a lot.  

As it's really hard to camp on a node due to the lack of CC, and Glyph of Stars honestly kinda sucks unless you are only support.  I use it for more of an offensive support, only for the stab as I really hate how glitchy entangle is, and on a power build don't really need it.  

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

You might have got blinded who knows... 

Also, this is a better point to my admittedly snarky response above--CA #2 is a blind, so if you try to Chill to Bone or whatever during that, you will miss.  

Untamed actually should be more egregious with this, as you can trait pet unleash #1 to blind--and then either spec can use hammer #3 for a blind (untamed would have more flexibility here too).  Guess you can add in blind from smokescale fields, which usually untamed runs more than Druid because Druid really doesn't need a secondary source of stealth (but can work).  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

I rarely disagree with you,  but when did DH get recently nerfed?

Guardian

New Changes

• True Shot: Reduced the power coefficient from 2.0 to 1.7 in PvP only.
  • Test of Faith: Reduced the pass-through power coefficient from 2.8 to 2.5 in PvP only.

Not a huge nerf, but substantial enough to feel it--specifically test of faith for me personally, as now I can survive it 98% of the time unless I'm just zoning out, where before it did numbers even if paying attention.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

Pb with druid in my opinion is that stupid daze spam. Against a competent druid, you simply can't play the game, cause you're perma cc'd or rooted, both in same time usually.

Second pb is that elite rez, who allows druid to litteraly face tanking 4 people in the same time cleaving the downstate, and still be able to get the rez. This elite makes real magic happens.

Sustain might be a bit to high as well actually, a good druid with stone signet, kitting properly, playing safely, paying attention with a good map awarness, is simply immortal.. Really great mobility, excellent sustain, daze spam, stealth, condi cleanse by billion..

Exepted that, I find a good soulbeast or untamed way more threatening and dangerous actually

Edited by whooot.5784
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, whooot.5784 said:

Pb with druid in my opinion is that stupid daze spam. Against a competent druid, you simply can't play the game, cause you're perma cc'd or rooted, both in same time usually.

Second pb is that elite rez, who allows druid to litteraly face tanking 4 people in the same time cleaving the downstate, and still be able to get the rez. This elite makes real magic happens.

Sustain might be a bit to high as well actually, a good druid with stone signet, kitting properly, playing safely, paying attention with a good map awarness, is simply immortal.. Really great mobility, excellent sustain, daze spam, stealth, condi cleanse by billion..

Exepted that, I find a good soulbeast or untamed way more threatening and dangerous actually

True but how often is daze spam going to work. Stopping resurrections rarely work since alot of classes have an instant resurrect. 

I guess the real power of Druid is each grandmaster is vastly different to play against. One has Low cooldowns, one has OP healing and the last one can condition bomb you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Guardian

New Changes

• True Shot: Reduced the power coefficient from 2.0 to 1.7 in PvP only.
  • Test of Faith: Reduced the pass-through power coefficient from 2.8 to 2.5 in PvP only.

Not a huge nerf, but substantial enough to feel it--specifically test of faith for me personally, as now I can survive it 98% of the time unless I'm just zoning out, where before it did numbers even if paying attention.  

Fair enough. I guess I just missed it ...or I didn't think that was much of a nerf at all?

I mean...it's not like Druidic clarity Nerf  (one full condi clear of 13 getting nerfed down to 3.)

6 hours ago, whooot.5784 said:

Couple things,

Thank you. Now I know what is considered up by my opponents. I'll go build around that 😁

You don't play druid. Go try it out if you think it's so OP. Do you think they carry? Not dying in a match doesn't give a druid the win.

Spirit of nature has a 120 sec cd and it's a 1.5 sec cast. To take it, I have to forego abilities that help my damage and my survivability. It's a big ask. In a game of not pro players, rezzing them doesn't guarantee wins.

Stability helps. 

"Daze spam". To me it's hard to call it Spam. And what happens after the 1 sec daze? Do you get murdled by a druid?

There is a utility that dazes, "Glyph of equality." It's on a 30s cd.

When a Druid first goes into Celestial Avatar form.  It helps not to insta die as soon as you turn blue. Everyone knows that's when you kill a druid. I'd be happy with stability or an immune.

And an aoe daze that can happen once per 20-30secs. Lunar impact 

Well I wrote all this and yeah there is a fair bit of daze. I'll give you that. I'm sure that can be annoying. I've never got killed through a druid daze. Ever fought a Mesmer? 

From a druids perspective, and maybe it helps you beat them.  When I go into celestial Avatar form, it's like a beacon of light shoots into the sky, everyone sees me and it's time to rek the druid.

In that short period of time I'm in form, I'm trying to get off some daze so I don't immediately die, get off some damage or a heal or immediate leave form to get stealth.

7 hours ago, whooot.5784 said:

This guy knows exactly what I’m talking about and feeling against a competent druid. If you disagree you’re just not fighting against this caliber druid or you are one of them.

When he says you simply can’t play the game, that’s what I mean. It’s not fun to play against, similar to how its not fun to play against thief because of their kittening annoying invis.

Actually, I’ve been finding thief much less annoying than druid.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Druid OP...

y'all are out of your kitten minds.

A few of you cry babies. Waffles lol, I'm surprised you didn't make this post. You been hear salting it up since release.

Deadmoose, you're just new and don't know what you're doing

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Fair enough. I guess I just missed it ...or I didn't think that was much of a nerf at all?

I mean...it's not like Druidic clarity Nerf  (one full condi clear of 13 getting nerfed down to 3.)

This is true. 

Think they may have just shaved it off because I for one am much leerier of pistol reaper than DH now for the kind of dueler role; as post-weaponmaster reaper was already bad but with this small nerf to traps / trueshot it's now a clear winner.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jedrik.3109 said:

Cata will beat druid. It is just not worth in this meta. This has been said and proven by players much better than you or I. 

yeah, I think there are a number of classes/builds that could 1v1 current meta.

I got a ranger build I could play right now to give catalyst trouble. But it just doesn't fit ATM.

I wish they could balance things a lot closer for most builds to be competitive. We all have builds we currently like. Or builds we loved but have been needed into unplayability.

And that just sucks.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I’m almost a gold 3 with around 1500 games played

ok I was wrong. To be fair, all the posts, calling out nerfs for so many classes, you sounded like someone who started last week. Sorry not sorry.

Gold 3 is pretty competitive. Maybe you reached a elo that is your 'current' skill ceiling.

22 minutes ago, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

ok I was wrong. To be fair, all the posts, calling out nerfs for so many classes, you sounded like someone who started last week. Sorry not sorry.

Gold 3 is pretty competitive. Maybe you reached a elo that is your 'current' skill ceiling.

By competitive do you mean sweaty? To me it seems like the higher rank you go the more abusing toxic specs there is, the less fun the game is overall. I also speculate that most people who climb any higher are duos, and its probably super rare for a soloq to be that high.

anyway taking a forum ban out of protest for how bad the balancing is so won’t reply for a while.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1