Pause Booster Timers While In Queue for PvP/WvW?

Yay or nay?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Pause buff timers while in town?

• Yay
    • Nay

Is there a way to queue for pvp/wvw without wasting my boosters?

I don't do either very often, so when I do, I like to use XP and reward track boosters to make my time there more efficient.

The only problem is that I end up wasting huge chunks of the booster waiting in queue.

The conspiracy-theory-minded folks would say it's intentional to sell more boosters on the gem store, but maybe booster timers could pause while you're idling in town?  It's unbelievably frustrating to lose your buffs because of huge queues.

Edited by senoramor.7534
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

After some very scientific calculations and higher level math, I have an answer for you, maybe try using the boosters after you enter the map you want.

I crashed once in the middle of WvW (5 minutes after popping boosters), got stuck in queue trying to get back, and the booster buff timed out with how long it took before I gave up trying to get through the queue. :( Serious FeelsBadMan energy. 😭

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You might want to recheck those calculations there, Bill Nye.

See, you can use the boosters and enter (and then leave) the map with time left on the booster.  Then, when you want to come back and there's a queue, your booster timer continues to count down while you're stuck in queue (possibly doing some very scientific calculations and higher level math).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

You'll only encounter that with birthday boosters, and they last for long enough where it won't be a big deal, unless you somehow wait in queue for multiple hours at a time, which is unlikely. Any other booster you can manage yourself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, senoramor.7534 said:

60 minute queue today.

It happens often.

On all 4 maps? I highly doubt.

And even if that is the case you can still play in Eotm meanwhile. While you won't get pips, you can work toward other stuff that are actually boosted by booster.

I don't mind the proposal though. If it's in towns, otherwise it could be exploited. 

Edited by Cuks.8241
  • Sad 1

It doesn't matter for WvW cos there's always an alternative map, but I'd hate to be trying to boost in PvP. 2-3 minutes of queue, 90 seconds pre-match, cos one guy is never ready, then 5-7mins of match. That'd be awful.

On 2/3/2024 at 4:43 AM, senoramor.7534 said:

Is there a way to queue for pvp/wvw without wasting my boosters?

Considering that boosters are used for far more than just WvW/SPvP, and that some of those other things do include activities that take place in towns (see regular use of boosters for different festivals), i'd say that the answer is a "no". The only way to "save" your boosters is to use them only after you get into the content you want.

• Confused 2