Can we get challenge yet not dps check content please

17 minutes ago, Loctar.3987 said:

you didn't get it, it doesn't matter. however, if you consider what I described here as my experience to be normal and that forming groups gives someone the right to allow such behaviour, you are exactly the person this is all about.  Finally, to set you straight, such behavior has no business in the game or anywhere else.

"you didn't get it, it doesn't matter(?), however you're an example of what's wrong!!!"
What?

Some experienced group wanted to play with experienced players and you think this is somehow wrong. Make a non-experienced group and play with non-experienced players then? For the sake of clarifying what you're talking about, please specify how that "dps check you had to pass" looked like, what was the threshold and what yours was.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"you didn't get it, it doesn't matter(?), however you're an example of what's wrong!!!"
What?

Some experienced group wanted to play with experienced players and you think this is somehow wrong. Make a non-experienced group and play with non-experienced players then?

in the training section? then you have a much bigger problem than I thought 😄

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7

15 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Step up get a tag and do your own squads then mate.

I only play tag in wvw, I don't care about the rest. You don't have to do something yourself to be entitled to criticize bad behavior, that's a misconception

• Confused 7

Just now, Loctar.3987 said:

in the training section? then you have a much bigger problem than I thought 😄

What problem do you think I have? And where did you say anything about "training section" in your previous post that user quoted, because I'm fairly sure this is the first time you wrote that?

Still: For the sake of clarifying what you're talking about, please specify how that "dps check you had to pass" looked like, what was the threshold and what yours was.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What problem do you think I have? And where did you say anything about "training section" in your previous post that user quoted, because I'm fairly sure this is the first time you wrote that?

Still: For the sake of clarifying what you're talking about, please specify how that "dps check you had to pass" looked like, what was the threshold and what yours was.

your problem is that you have no sympathy for people who want to learn something, and that's why they pursue training. i didn't elaborate more myself because i quoted a post that is at least fooling itself, but rather deliberately lying to blur the edges. the dps check was simple in a special forces training area on a robot, but i would expect you to know that

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

6 minutes ago, Loctar.3987 said:

your problem is that you have no sympathy for people who want to learn something, and that's why they pursue training. i didn't elaborate more myself because i quoted a post that is at least fooling itself, but rather deliberately lying to blur the edges. the dps check was simple in a special forces training area on a robot, but i would expect you to know that

That's baseless and wrong, I do have sympathy for people who want to learn something and lfg is exactly how I started learning that content too.

How is that post deliberately lying to blur the edges (as I get it, you're talking about the other poster here, but still)?
Not sure why you'd expect me to know that, I never had to pass any dps check on a golem to play in training/no-req group. If you had to pass something like that, maybe you've tried joining some guild where that was one of their requirements? But no, you just mentioned "training section", so that's a weird one.
Out of curiosity, I'll repeat the questions you missed above: what dps were you expected to deal? What dps did you deal?

And without change:

24 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Make a non-experienced group and play with non-experienced players then?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Loctar.3987 said:

Changing the narrative to "being thrown out of a training group" when "being thrown out of a group" doesn't work is interesting.

The problem with the "people who want to learn" thing is that who wants to learn? I've joined pug trainings a lot when I saw some on LFG looking for heal, tank or whatever specific for a while now and people who want to learn are.. learning, trying to improve. A person constantly doing the same mistake ignoring advice or just not pay attention don't want to learn, they're just there, mostly in hopes of getting the loot.

Keep in mind, just because a squad is not asking for LI or KP it's not necessearily a training ground, hell, you might even see training groups asking for KP, because it's CM training.
I do my FCs without KP, but if someone is constantly messing up, not doing their role they'll get the boot.
I've had to kick a person from a W7 training for literally wiping the group 7 times on Adina and 4 times on Q2 generating no Quick while also competing with the HFB tank for DPS as qdps. I had 6 people there to learn, I didn't want to waste their time any longer because one person was there for... well, not for learning, that's for sure.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Loctar.3987 said:

you didn't get it, it doesn't matter. however, if you consider what I described here as my experience to be normal and that forming groups gives someone the right to allow such behaviour, you are exactly the person this is all about.  Finally, to set you straight, such behavior has no business in the game or anywhere else.

Create your own group and run it however you want if you don't like how they run theirs.  You have no right to dictate how they should nor should you vilify them for it.  It's just toxic.

Edited by enigmatic.3576
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

Create your own group and run it however you want if you don't like how they run theirs.  You have no right to dictate how they should nor should you vilify them for it.  It's just toxic.

Guy gives me massive "Don't tell me how to play the game, but I will tell you how to play the game" vibes.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The problem is its impossible to find a guild for raiding that doesn't use 3rd party software. I'm sorry I'm not downloading Spyware to raid. Thanks but no thanks!

I'll stick to WvW, where as a solo roamer I'll measure my DPS, by the souls I send back to spawn!

Edited by Wolfofdivinity.6251
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

35 minutes ago, Wolfofdivinity.6251 said:

The problem is its impossible to find a guild for raiding that doesn't use 3rd party software. I'm sorry I'm not downloading Spyware to raid. Thanks but no thanks!

I'll stick to WvW, where as a solo roamer I'll measure my DPS, by the souls I send back to spawn!

I wouldn't mind dps check so much if the game helped people, motivated people to continuously be aware of their dps and let people know what is good, average, and so on. But GW2 doesn't have a dps checker within itself, non 3rd party. Also, people without dps checker, they probably don't even know what numbers are good dps, they never see dps.

So if content is going to be dps checked, the game, arenanet, they need to give people the tools, not 3rd party, I'm with this person that quoted.

However this thread originally, its about other stuff challenging but not in a dps check way.

Think of Thaumanova Reactor Fractal, got the sprint, got the shield reflecting, and so on. Everyone hates Subject 6, aka the dps check.

Thaumanova Reactor Fractal  was before racing, before skyscale, before gliders, before choir bell, before all these fun things you can do in GW2.

Should be an event you gotta race around, if you want it to progress and what not, so many activities to do. Gotta do the charr metal legion, emote challenge, music challenge.

I want to see these in meta events, like Soo Wong fights. Like you have 3 people just roller beetle racing, 3 people playing music, 3 people doing emotes, 3 people doing skyscale stuff, 3 people doing another stuff and another stuff. Not really 3 people and not really have to do all but if everything is done thats better reward.

So I'm not in a meta event and its dps for like 10 minutes, boring. Then some fights are somewhat dps checker. I remember Soo Wong launch, it was fun but I feel like GW2 raids and some of the events on launch is soooo much dps check.  If the game is so focused on dps check, the End of Dragons training area, it is missing a very crucial learning for the game, dps check. People taught everything except for dps check.

btw the OT idea,
think of Thaumanova Reactor Fractal, Silverwastes event. Those are really early in the game, think about other things like racing and what not to do too. Modern day version of those events.
Like a bunch of people doing an emote event at a rock band, stuff not just dps dps dps.
this game was about ease of play too in the start, kinda turned into meta builds, your playing mesmer, whats that mesmer, play the meta. Do that 30 memorization maximum dps rotation. I don't like that kind of play, sure miss old school not so much memorization GW2. simple react and play, not memorize stuff. I take a lot of breaks, I don't come back oh yeah builds have changed and its whole new 30 memorization combo to memorize.

Be kinda cool for an ironman event map. Racing, bell, jp, events, and everyone is in a competition, rewarded on how well you do everything compared to others. Just a fun friendly pve competition.

Edited by uberkingkong.8041
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wolfofdivinity.6251 said:

I doubt any guild requires it, and if there happens to actually be some, they're a very small minority.  Most of them can just post the logs and you can see how you did after the fact.  Or you can just ask them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

As someone who plays li builds you can do 20-30k thats only requires 5 buttons and prioritising one or 2 skills. cough cough mech cough. These are great because not only can you do decent damage it also allows you to focus more on the mechanics of the fight, which is usually the more challenging part of end game content.

Main problem, outside of the dps checks on certain fights, is people lack of understanding and/or willingness to do these mechanics. Take CO for example many people don't do the arrow stack causing other players to die and possibly the fail of the whole fight. 

The point of a CM is that its suppose to challenge on several factors e.g. dps, using certain skills for certain mechanics, more damaging mechanics to avoid/be aware of, stacking, positioning (this can be running to an area of saftey), and so on. Of course there are a few challenging content without dps (some jumping puzzles and mini dugeons require problem solving skills in form of puzzles, mount races, mini games/activities etc), though these are more solo/competing.

This is a combat based game so it makes sense that combat would be a main element to most content.

Edited by Dibit.6259
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/14/2024 at 4:00 AM, uberkingkong.8041 said:

this game was about ease of play too in the start, kinda turned into meta builds, your playing mesmer, whats that mesmer, play the meta. Do that 30 memorization maximum dps rotation. I don't like that kind of play, sure miss old school not so much memorization GW2. simple react and play, not memorize stuff. I take a lot of breaks, I don't come back oh yeah builds have changed and its whole new 30 memorization combo to memorize.

You were just bad in the beginning. it was about ease of play? ever did old lvl 50 fractals where everything oneshotted you?

You didn't answer before. how do you design a pve system without rotations? They existed on release. ele had a 30step rotation or something in dungeons. might stack on scepter -> aa on lh -> repeat. Harder than current ele rotations if you ignore weave self on weaver.

Also please leave the only combat content alone with that casual stuff. The one thing casuals don't want is competition and hard content. they want press1 free loot. A casual focussed ironman map wont work. casuals would have to play or read which they hate and good players are bored and annoyed out of their mind with these minigames.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Also please leave the only combat content alone with that casual stuff. The one thing casuals don't want is competition and hard content. they want press1 free loot.

Please don't paint all of us casual players with such a broad brush.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1