NCSoft changing EULA?

Just got an email that looks like it is from NC America saying they were changing their EULA. I play GW2 a lot and very rarely GW1 (just to get birthday gifts), but no other games. If I can figure out my login to NCSoft can I just cancel my account?

Below is the header to the email.

Upcoming Changes to NCSOFT's End User License Agreement 

NC America <no-reply@noti-mail.us.nc.com

• Confused 2

and what are these changes?

Edit

When  I use my googlefu I  find this.

EULA Policy Update

Lineage II

Starting from March 12, 2024, NCSOFT will start to transfer all user accounts registered with NC America, LLC, its subsidiary located in the USA(“NCA”)

Edited by Linken.6345

Yeah those are the changes. They are transferring all US data on a person that is governed by US law to a Korean server that is largely run under EU guidelines. The fact that my data would most likely be better protected doesn't stop me from wanting to just have the data deleted if possible. Most likely they got the data from Wildstar anyway so it is no longer needed.

• Confused 3

This probably has something to do with a different game, like you mentioned.  ArenaNet migrated NCSoft Master Accounts for GW and GW2 over to their own account system back in 2015.  I haven't received any such notification myself.

As for recovering the login for your NCSoft account and getting the data deleted, no clue.

Oh if you go to the website it has 5 different games listed. None that I have ever played, so it must be from Wildstar. Just wanted to make sure before I did anything and was hoping a dev would answer. Not like it needs to be done right away as it won't be done till a bit more than a month.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, OutOfMyMind.9613 said:

Just got an email that looks like it is from NC America saying they were changing their EULA. I play GW2 a lot and very rarely GW1 (just to get birthday gifts), but no other games. If I can figure out my login to NCSoft can I just cancel my account?

Below is the header to the email.

Upcoming Changes to NCSOFT's End User License Agreement 

NC America <no-reply@noti-mail.us.nc.com

Here's their contact information:  https://kr.ncsoft.com/en/contact.do

https://kr.ncsoft.com/en/support.do

Edit:  Here is more contact information, specifically regarding Personal Information:  Please contact us at ncprivacy@ncsoft.com

Our privacy email is ncprivacy@ncsoft.com.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

3 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Devs don't necessarily answer here.  You'd have to open a support ticket if you want a response from ArenaNet.

Well I knew that, but hoped they at least read all the conversations and would help out if they could. Hate to stop anybody from getting quick support, because I put in a ticket. Think I will try contacting NCSoft at the links posted above. In any case thanks for your reply.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I also got this email in my spam box and recognized the company name  however,  I have not played GW2 since Heart of Thorns expansion came out.  (I had to reset my password just to login and reply to your post.)   I played Blade & Soul for a couple weeks when it came out but not for long.    It does seem strange that a major company would be moving all of their North American account data to Korea without a lot of articles or information on Google.     

22 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

and what are these changes?

Edit

When  I use my googlefu I  find this.

EULA Policy Update

Lineage II

Starting from March 12, 2024, NCSOFT will start to transfer all user accounts registered with NC America, LLC, its subsidiary located in the USA(“NCA”)

As Linken said, I was unable to really find anything on Google besides what they posted about Lineage II (which I have never played or had an account for) and this post,  so I'm not 100% sure, but I strongly feel like this actually IS a spam email intended to compromise people's accounts.   
Definitely DO NOT click on any links in the email and if you do want to research it further I'd suggest you actually manually go to NCSoft's website to find more information.    

• Sad 1

Ok nevermind so apparently it IS for Blade & Soul and/or Lineage II,  
https://www.lineage2.com/en-us/news/eula-policy-update-february-2024
https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en-us/news/article/12654/eula-policy-update-february-2024

I guess I will be deactivating my account since I haven't played that game in years.    

Still would suggest going to the website itself to do anything with your account information.  

• Confused 1

I got the e-mail as well:

Dear User,

We, NCSOFT Corporation, 12, Daewangpangyo-ro 644, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea (“NCSOFT”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) are reaching out to you today to let you know about an upcoming change to our End User License Agreement (“EULA” or “Terms”) from July 5, 2023. The new Terms will come into force on March 12, 2024. Therefore, we will ask you to please read and accept the new Terms by giving your consent.

Starting from March 12, 2024, NCSOFT will start to transfer all user accounts registered with NC America, LLC, its subsidiary located in the USA(“NCA”), to its headquarter based in the Republic of Korea. The purpose of this transfers is that both NCSOFT’s and NCA’s users can access one single platform to access their respective games. As part of the EULA changes, we have made further changes to comply with new legal requirements, especially for users based in the EU. These changes include changes to the sections on the right of withdrawal, updates, termination, limitation of liability and dispute resolution. These changes shall ensure that your rights under the now-effective applicable law are respected in the most appropriate way.

If you do not want to agree to the new Terms, you can terminate your agreement with us by deactivating your account.

For further questions please contact us at https://help.plaync.com.

Best regards,

Your NCSOFT Team

This is effective for "NC America, LLC". Does it apply to "NCSOFT West" as well, which is where their Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 games are under?

In the past, there was a time when Guild Wars 1 accounts could be registered under a PlayNC master account. From this time I have a PlayNC account. I'm just wondering if this just affects my old (empty) PlayNC account or also my active Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 accounts which are no longer under my PlayNC account but under ArenaNet's account management. Of course, ArenaNet is owned by NCSoft and filed under NCSoft West.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1