Form your own squad problem

Any attempt to suggest or change the current instanced end game issues like no Hotjoin, KP or needing achievement are meet with form you own squad. 

Great but what if you don't want to run a Raid group? Sure I could spend the time learning the content watching people run it but in the end the effort required on my part is to much of an investment when I could just que for PVP for about the same level of enjoyment. 

Im also not suggesting the content is that hard, I have joined many strike groups without discord and they run just fine but is just finding the group that is problem and organising it if there isn't one. 

This content will continue to have low numbers untill it has something that allows players to join and learn rather than basically telling them to be a Raid leader with 10 years of experience or joining a random discord for training runs. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

This content will continue to have low numbers untill it has something that allows players to join and learn rather than basically telling them to be a Raid leader with 10 years of experience or joining a random discord for training runs. 

Nobody says that and making up these weird claims doesn't help your case,if you're not aware. It's funny how you're trying to say that you need to "be a raid leader with experience" (notice how even after toning it down to this, it's still nonsense) to make a group. That's simply not true.

If you're fine with being matched with random people where nobody has any role, create an "everyone welcome" progress group and you have a similar -or the same- result.

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

KP or needing achievement are meet with form you own squad. 

Of course that's the response these are met with, considering that complaint is nothing more than "why are other players able to make their squads like THEY want it?!".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

...in the end the effort required on my part is to much of an investment.... 

It requires too much effort on your end to learn. That is fine. 

Watching a video is not the same as practice and experience. All gamers know this.

...when I could just que for PVP for about the same level of enjoyment. 

Structured PVP does not have a big learning curve like raids, strikes and fractals.

I have joined many strike groups without discord and they run just fine but is just finding the group that is problem

Experienced groups don't LFG unless they have exhausted all other options (summoning their friends from other guilds / activities). 

You've joined many normal strike groups that work because most strike encounters are training golems with the exception of challenge modes. Plus someone has most likely organised the squad before you joined them. 

This content will continue to have low numbers ...

This is a weird claim to make.

The aerodrome is packed to the brim with raid groups every weekly raid reset.

Edited by Pinkeh.4207
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you're fine with being matched with random people where nobody has any role, create an "everyone welcome" progress group and you have a similar -or the same- result.

Of course that's the response these are met with, considering that complaint is nothing more than "why are other players able to make their squads like THEY want it?!".

You don't get my point, we have 0 casual options outside of waiting around in LFG for a group. 

I tried an "All Welcome" but people just leave when they realise you have no Healers or Supports. The demand on someone organising this content is to high especially for me. I can't spend more than a few hours a day playing so I guess no raiding for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, Jedrik.3109 said:

Don't know if it is just a NA thing. But I'm going to tell you a secret. If you make a cute raid/strike lfg (ex. New, Learning, need help, 😃) most of the time cute experienced raiders join to help. 

Me and my raid friends tend to actively seek these kind of lfgs suck the life essence of from these fresh, new and happy gamers to renew our own hardened and jaded gamer souls...

Uhh.. I mean to help along and mentor new instanced content enjoyers. If you are friendly and communicate we have even folded new people into our groups as full time or even just subs for planned runs.

I just encourage gamers to interact. You might make some new friends, find a new group or even find that you can be the very thing you are looking for. It's a MMO and while playing only together is an excellent meme it has never been healthy for the game or us gamers.

Don't have a tag? Not in the head space to take that step? I understand. I was there for a long time. I had some awesome raiders help me. It gave me what I needed to be that for others. If on NA, reach out to me in DMs, we can find some time for you.

Most of my Raiding/Strike experience is from guild run groups. I might have a hour before my kids bother me so it can be hard to organise a proper time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

You don't get my point, we have 0 casual options outside of waiting around in LFG for a group. 

I tried an "All Welcome" but people just leave when they realise you have no Healers or Supports. The demand on someone organising this content is to high especially for me.

Putting an everyone welcome group in lfg and waiting for it to fill up is as casual as waiting in a queue of your "auto group finder". People leaving your group the moment they realise you don't care about roles will leave all the same when they realise the same thing after  joining an "auto queue". Not sure what you still don't understand about that after all the threads it was explained to you repeadly by many players.

7 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I can't spend more than a few hours a day playing so I guess no raiding for me. 

Saying that "no raiding for you" because you "only have a few hours a day to play" is rather ridiculous. It's like you struggle to make up any excuse for yourself so you make up one that... doesn't work because "a few hours" (or even one hour) is easly more than enough to play that content.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 9

17 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Any attempt to suggest or change the current instanced end game issues like no Hotjoin, KP or needing achievement are meet with form you own squad. 

KP/title/achiv/rating is requirement for end-game content in every single game there is. its impossible to clear content that has some tactics without wiping multiple times and spending over 1 hour on one raid. and imagine that people dont fancy spending entire evening constantly wiping because few guys cant be bothered watching vid with tactics and practicing it few times...

this is never gonna change for high-end content ( which in case of gw its currently raids, cm fractals and cm strikes)

Great but what if you don't want to run a Raid group? Sure I could spend the time learning the content watching people run it but in the end the effort required on my part is to much of an investment

and looks like you cant be bothered with these things, this sentence literally sounds like entitlement. raids etc. require "investment" because they are hard, have tactics and failing them means wipe. raids in this game are old and plenty of people did them dozens if not hundreds of time and this people dont want to sit every week wiping for few hours becasue they already know the fight well and they value their time.

this applies to real-life stuff as well, want to participate in something that requires knowledge/skill (e.g bridge - card game) and play with people that are good with it? learn rules/practice and than join them, dont expect them to teach you from zero, lol...

when I could just que for PVP for about the same level of enjoyment. 

thats because pvp can adjusts to your level, so if lose few times you will start getting worse opponents to match your skills until you again start winning and unranked is just whoever queues, meaning battles easily end up one-sided.

raid bosses dont get weaker with every wipe, its challange you should overcome - unless you understand this last sentence, you will never succeed in any endgame content in any game.

9 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

end-game content by definition is never casual, if you want some easy end-game content that doesnt require kp, you have fractals t4, ibs strikes often dont have reuiqrement, there are also drms etc.

I tried an "All Welcome" but people just leave when they realise you have no Healers or Supports.

i wonder why... do you thikn, hot-join would be any different?

I can't spend more than a few hours a day playing so I guess no raiding for me. 

few hours a day...? you literally need like 2-3 hours once or twice a week, seems to me you have plenty of time for that.

Edited by Nimris.3781
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I tried an "All Welcome" but people just leave when they realise you have no Healers or Supports. The demand on someone organising this content is to high especially for me. I can't spend more than a few hours a day playing so I guess no raiding for me. 

As has been said multiple times whenever people brought up auto queue and stuff and just went with "well it'll throw people together" when you don't ask for any roles there is a chance you'll have 10 DPS, but you may also have 3 healers and no boonDPS.. You can still go on without asking for any experience while still asking for roles.

Asking for basic roles isn't difficult, you literally just mention the roles you need, quickness, alac, heal and that's pretty much it, someone joins in as qheal you'll lower the number of quickness and heal by 1, it isn't rocket science.

W1-4 can be comfortably cleared in 2 hours without being mad serious about it, I also only have a few hours a day on weekdays, 4-5 and somehow I still manage to do the content I want.

• Like 5

i like the wild west approach, say anyone welcome and to say their role. when they join, sort them according to their role and if they lack a boon or something, say "good luck sub2". if someone has higher toughness thank the tank tell them, "you;'re the tank now, have fun."

it's a video game, you don't have to play it perfectly and with all the powercreep you will clear anything if you do the mechanics.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The trick is to make your own squads, set a 40+KP requirement and also enforce it, even if you yourself don't fulfil it yet. 

Of course, this only works if you actually know the bosses and have a viable build to tackle them with. I recommend a boondps build, because then you're usually exempt from special roles. You can learn special roles once you have some experience. 

Yes, OG raiders will scoff at it, but that's because they don't want you to get into raids at all, they want the pool of pug raiders to be completely shut off from any new blood, which is stupid because 99% of them weren't clearing Xera on release day either. 

Edited by GeraldBC.4927
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Putting an everyone welcome group in lfg and waiting for it to fill up is as casual as waiting in a queue of your "auto group finder". People leaving your group the moment they realise you don't care about roles will leave all the same when they realise the same thing after  joining an "auto queue". Not sure what you still don't understand about that after all the threads it was explained to you repeadly by many players.

Saying that "no raiding for you" because you "only have a few hours a day to play" is rather ridiculous. It's like you struggle to make up any excuse for yourself so you make up one that... doesn't work because "a few hours" (or even one hour) is easly more than enough to play that content.

Why not put the required roles in the group finder.

I think people make any escuse not have a proper LFG. Mostly it boils down to don't like the groups on offer then spend all your time creating your own. Most people don't even bother with the LFG and just use Discord to organise raids/strikes, that is the problem. 

• Confused 5

8 hours ago, Nimris.3781 said:

KP/title/achiv/rating is requirement for end-game content in every single game there is. its impossible to clear content that has some tactics without wiping multiple times and spending over 1 hour on one raid. and imagine that people dont fancy spending entire evening constantly wiping because few guys cant be bothered watching vid with tactics and practicing it few times...

this is never gonna change for high-end content ( which in case of gw its currently raids, cm fractals and cm strikes)

and looks like you cant be bothered with these things, this sentence literally sounds like entitlement. raids etc. require "investment" because they are hard, have tactics and failing them means wipe. raids in this game are old and plenty of people did them dozens if not hundreds of time and this people dont want to sit every week wiping for few hours becasue they already know the fight well and they value their time.

this applies to real-life stuff as well, want to participate in something that requires knowledge/skill (e.g bridge - card game) and play with people that are good with it? learn rules/practice and than join them, dont expect them to teach you from zero, lol...

thats because pvp can adjusts to your level, so if lose few times you will start getting worse opponents to match your skills until you again start winning and unranked is just whoever queues, meaning battles easily end up one-sided.

raid bosses dont get weaker with every wipe, its challange you should overcome - unless you understand this last sentence, you will never succeed in any endgame content in any game.

end-game content by definition is never casual, if you want some easy end-game content that doesnt require kp, you have fractals t4, ibs strikes often dont have reuiqrement, there are also drms etc.

i wonder why... do you thikn, hot-join would be any different?

few hours a day...? you literally need like 2-3 hours once or twice a week, seems to me you have plenty of time for that.

Why not build in the kill proofs or achievements into the LFG. Fractals somewhat has this with Agony but it's breaks down when you get to CM fractals where it reverts back to KPs. 

The game works against you for end game PvE and everyone excuse is to be a Raid leader and run the group yourself. 

Why don't we have an overhaul of the end game PvE where content is gated inside a hot join or group finder......

• Confused 8

8 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Why not put the required roles in the group finder.

It was already discussed in the previous threads, why repeat it again as if you're not aware of the whole discussion (actually pretty sure multiple of them, with you specifically)?

I think people make any escuse not have a proper LFG. Mostly it boils down to don't like the groups on offer then spend all your time creating your own.

I think it's you who's making bad excuses and even now when it was pointed out, you simply dodge what you've quoted and start writing what you wrote in the previous threads as if in some weird attempt to forget the previous posts in this thread. How can you write something like "I can't spend more than a few hours a day playing so I guess no raiding for me." is rather mind blowing. You are the one who tries to come up with any excuse here.

Most people don't even bother with the LFG and just use Discord to organise raids/strikes, that is the problem. 

I'm playing through lfg and always have been. You're making up nonsensical excuses again.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, GeraldBC.4927 said:

The trick is to make your own squads, set a 40+KP requirement and also enforce it, even if you yourself don't fulfil it yet. 

Of course, this only works if you actually know the bosses and have a viable build to tackle them with. I recommend a boondps build, because then you're usually exempt from special roles. You can learn special roles once you have some experience. 

Yes, OG raiders will scoff at it, but that's because they don't want you to get into raids at all, they want the pool of pug raiders to be completely shut off from any new blood, which is stupid because 99% of them weren't clearing Xera on release day either. 

I have tried something similar for raids but my way of doing a boss is not the meta way and I had a hard time finding what cheese method we should be using and people started leaving. There is no consistency on most of the raid content, strikes are better since there is no cheese methods.

• Confused 9

3 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I have tried something similar for raids but my way of doing a boss is not the meta way and I had a hard time finding what cheese method we should be using and people started leaving. There is no consistency on most of the raid content, strikes are better since there is no cheese methods.

👇👇👇👇👇

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

People leaving your group the moment they realise you don't care about roles will leave all the same when they realise the same thing after  joining an "auto queue".

It's the same too. The "issues" you're listing here are in no way solved by some automated matchmaking. How do you still fail to understand that?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It was already discussed in the previous threads, why repeat it again as if you're not aware of the whole discussion (actually pretty sure multiple of them, with you specifically)?

I think it's you who's making bad excuses and even now when it was pointed out, you simply dodge what you've quoted and start writing what you wrote in the previous threads as if in some weird attempt to forget the previous posts in this thread. How can you write something like "I can't spend more than a few hours a day playing so I guess no raiding for me." is rather mind blowing. So yeah, you are the one who tries to come up with any excuse here.

I'm playing through lfg and always have been. You're making up nonsensical excuses again.

At the point I refuse to play end-game PvE content untill the rework the LFG. I only play Gw2 for PvP at this point. 

Putting more LFG drop downs is not good solution to this problem. Even rift hunting is hard to organise since not everyone needs that weekly at the same time(or is even aware of my group). I have soloed t3 rifts by myself for half an hour before people starting joining. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 5

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

👇👇👇👇👇

It's the same too. The "issues" you're listing here are in no way solved by some automated matchmaking. How do you still fail to understand that?

Groups need 3 dps, 2 support so the end-game pve content doesn't start untill that happens. How you organise that in a hot join is up to Arena Net. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Mell.4873 said:

At the point I refuse to play end-game PvE content untill the rework the LFG. I only play Gw2 for PvP at this point. 

And that's not an argument for anything, what is this weird nonsense "ultimatum"? You're not making or breaking this content. It's irrelevant to anything said in this thread. If you want to only play pvp then do exactly that, who cares.

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Putting more LFG drop downz is not good solution to this problem.

I don't know what you're responding to right now. Pretty sure it's nothing from my post, possibly nothing from this thread. Seriously, what is this suddenly about now?

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

Groups need 3 dps, 2 support so the end-game pve content doesn't start untill that happens. How you organise that in a hot join is up to Arena Net. 

And people will still leave your group all the same like you're claiming they're doing it right now. Again, which part of my posts do you not understand?
Anet did organize the lfg and it's the current form.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And that's not an argument for anything, what is this weird nonsense "ultimatum"? You're not making or breaking this content. It's irrelevant to anything said in this thread. If you want to only play pvp then do exactly that, who cares.

I don't know what you're responding to right now. Pretty sure it's nothing from my post, possibly nothing from this thread. Seriously, what is this suddenly about now?

And people will still leave your group all the same like you're claiming they're doing it right now. Again, which part of my posts do you not understand?
Anet did organize the lfg and it's the current form.

Meh this is just me ranting at this point. I guess I'm just annoyed at the current lfg system. 

Probably time for a Gw2 break untill they do something about it. I'm sure eventually they will but we shall see. 

• Confused 8

I don't see a problem here. It's not necessary for the game to cater to everyone's particular hang ups so those people can experience the game. 

"form your own squad" might be a problem, but it's not a game problem. Can't stress enough ... if you can't get a team, you just ain't trying hard enough. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Meh this is just me ranting at this point. I guess I'm just annoyed at the current lfg system. 

Probably time for a Gw2 break untill they do something about it. I'm sure eventually they will but we shall see. 

Wouldn't hold my breath. 

Edited by Pinkeh.4207
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Oh boy, another thread complaining about a system been in the game for many years because it doesn't suit their "needs" and are unwilling to put in the effort to actually ensure they can access the content they want to do despite many people giving advice and explaining how things work.

You said it yourself, it's too much effort for you so you'd rather play pvp. Problem solved right?

Let's be honest here, most people that want things to change with lfg is because they're reluctant to actually do the research, looks for guilds and/or join a discord, and play with appropriate gear/builds for the content they are aiming for.

The "create your own squad" response is a result of those giving such advice getting pushback and little results from those complaining. If you want things to change why not be the one to change things right? Or alternatively just move on.

• Like 7