Hairstyles?

GW2 has a rather good collection of hairstyles, but not actually enough? given how populated the game is now, you see hundreds of players in one map, yet a lot of them having the same hairstyle, kinda makes it boring. hairstyles, although very simple thing (no balance needed, no major content etc...) can make the player experience way better and make them like their characters way more.

I don't think that the current hairstyles are enough at all, especially for humans. Make more Anet please! especially long hair for male characters.

• Like 21
  • Confused 3

Just release all the Npc hair styles we don't have access too. 

We know we can use them because some players got them via bugs. 

Aren't there also China exclusive hair styles? I'm pretty sure there are. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It isn't that Anet needs to add more hairstyle diversity.  There are plenty of hairstyles that are unpopular and rarely used.  They need to add more varients of the already popular hairstyles.  The reason we look around and keep seeing just a few hairstyles, is because those are the most popular hairstyles of each race.

The question is how should they alter those most popular hairstyles to make varients?

Perhaps swap the most popular norn and human styles and call those "new?"

If cultural appreciation is out of the question, move some curls, highlights, accessories, and braids. 

For sylvari change the types of leaves but keep the general shape. Replace large broad leaves with thin pointed leaves, or the reverse, but keep the general outline.

Asura probably need differently shaped accessories and differently placed highlights.

I don't know about Charr.

Just alter the most popular hair styles and add those varients.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gop.8713 said:

I feel like if every toon looked exactly the same my experience would be affected not at all . . .

I have a better feeling playing a char that I think is beautiful (what others think, I don't care... I mean I mainly play Charr).
I admire my creation for weeks, take screens and admire it there too. Then it gets forgotten xD

Short: I like playing pretty chars.

I want more of everything. Hair, horns, teeth, faces, tattoos, ears, eyes,... tails! I want to choose tails too.

I would like a wheel for coloring characters. The colors offered sometimes don't look as good on the character as the selection shows (especially for eyes). When applied to the character, some look much darker and dull. An HSV color wheel would be appreciated . https://i.stack.imgur.com/UyDZ8.jpg

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1

I have wanted additional fancy hairstyles since launch and only really got one, so all of my female characters have been sporting it for 11 years. 

Meanwhile we have a dozen variations on the lobotomy cut and pixiecut, along with a bunch of modern flat ironed straight hair in 15 different lengths. 

Can we have at least a few more hairstyles that people with taste would actually want?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

More long hair for women everyone, please.

Fixed. 🙂

Are female norn the only ones who can get a real good "down to the butt" hair length option? (Maybe asura can too but it's not hard to get "down to the butt" hair length when that's only six inches of hair.) Need some of that for males. And more in general for females.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Aren't there also China exclusive hair styles? I'm pretty sure there are. 

I don't know about "exclusive," because some NPCs in "our" version of the game have them, too. Even Kasmeer switched to one for a while, starting in the Icebrood Saga. Some of the Canthan NPCs have them (the Celestial Challenge lady, for one), as well as norn women and other humans. Wish those could be released for us to have...

More hairstyles for all races would be lovely. The sylvari ones released with EoD were kind of disappointing with how they dyed and glowed, and the textures looked like clay. But the long hairstyle (leafstyle?) for men was nice, issues aside. I do wish we had more long hairstyles for the dudes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

They would sell so many kits in the gem store if they added more hairstyles and more often. It's wild that they're leaving that money on the table and ignoring all the requests for more over the years.

I'd especially like more wavy and curly hair styles, for both men and women. 

Edited by BlenderX.4710
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Legendary Hair!

You heard it here first... 🙂

All hairstyles from all races and all genders available for your pleasure at any time.... or something like that? lol

The collection requirements would be epic, as would all the inevitable Norns sporting Charr braids... 😂

Edited by Surelia.2651
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Surelia.2651 said:

All hairstyles from all races and all genders available for your pleasure at any time.... or something like that? lol

The collection requirements would be epic, as would all the inevitable Norns sporting Charr braids... 😂

lol that is the permanent hair style contract from the Black lion chests!  You can buy them off of the trading post for a few thousand gold.  I do not recommend buying keys to chase it though, the drop rate is far far too low.  It is a lofty goal to save up enough gold to buy one from the TP, kinda like a legendary.
Pop the permanent hairstyle kit into a shared inventory slot and all hairstyles, and colors, are available to your account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

lol that is the permanent hair style contract from the Black lion chests!  You can buy them off of the trading post for a few thousand gold.  I do not recommend buying keys to chase it though, the drop rate is far far too low.  It is a lofty goal to save up enough gold to buy one from the TP, kinda like a legendary.
Pop the permanent hairstyle kit into a shared inventory slot and all hairstyles, and colors, are available to your account.

You don't get all hairstyles from all races with this though, just your own race and gender.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlenderX.4710 said:

You don't get all hairstyles from all races with this though, just your own race and gender.

I am fairly sure that would require the devs to resize and reshape each existing hairstyle four times.  Edit: I forgot male an female models have different head shapes. Make that resize and reshape each style nine times.

That would be a great deal more work than simply adding a legendary weapon.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 1

They need to add more hairstyles that most people are going to use, not some goofy looking ones that they've done every time they added new ones. They keep trying to keep things different but it won't matter how unqiue a hairstyle is if people don't think it looks good or use it. There's also a very few selection of waist length hairstyles that aren only locked into one race and gender that is the Norn female. Other races could waist length hair too.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1