WvW are you supposed to just die???

8 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I do not agree with that. The content in this mode is pretty much ourselves. The content is the players, what they want to do, and how they want to do it. You want to wreak havoc with a small group of 10 friends. Tag it and do whatever you like and have fun the way you like. Of course, you can't expect how the enemy side responds to you. Will you find 10 defenders? Or will you find a group of 25 guilds? You can't know this and you can't have any demands. 

On the enemy side they are also real players, like you, and they too have the freedom to choose what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.

When I log in I might or might not have even one friend on and the regular pugs are probably going to be in the full map I want to get into. I can gather up a group of people and go wreak havoc, while no one else cares, so that means hitting gates and yaks mostly. When I log in, I can either get in the map where stuff is going on, or I can't. This isn't open world, there really is nothing to do unless I'm getting some kind of overlap with my prime time and I can get into one of the active maps. For a while now during my log in times, the population sort of filters into one, then two or three maps and will fill them up for fights while one or more maps is pretty much empty. 

If I do get into a map where stuff is going on, even if my side is getting farmed, I'm still going to pick at whatever blob is running around because that's the only content there is unless I leave the game mode. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

I hear you and appreciate the advice and it's the smart thing to do. I get like 20 minutes after work and a little more on the weekends to vibe with my build so if a part of a map is lit up with blobs and wild pugs I'm going to be there. If this were open world pvp without the WvW extended match structrue then I'd take my time like that and play the towards objectives more. I'd definitely like to but my log in time is also hit or miss with our prime time, and I lose steam when nothing is going on. 

Yeah it's not good for players with limited time and to be honest, it's not a great situation overall. But it is the most logical choice when faced with an overwhelming force. To keep throwing yourself at an overwhelming force is extremely frustrating, pointless and it's just not worth it.

16 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Problem is if I wanted to play PvE I wouldn't have entered WvW.

There's just next to no content for smallscale and what is there is stupid stuff like 2 or more minstrel supports per damage dealer such that nobody dies.

Hard pass.

Oh I'm not saying that it's ok like it is but it's what is best for your own sanity. I'm almost done with the WvW legendaries myself and I just need to get 2-3 weeks worth of WvW claim tickets. And when I've completed them, I'm going to take a long break from WvW. My main personal grievance is boonballs. They make all the imbalances 10 times worse and since Anet refuses to address boonballs, I'm just going to finish my legendaries and go back to PvE full time. And if that starts to bore me then I'll take an extended break from GW2. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I do not agree with that. The content in this mode is pretty much ourselves. The content is the players, what they want to do, and how they want to do it. You want to wreak havoc with a small group of 10 friends. Tag it and do whatever you like and have fun the way you like. Of course, you can't expect how the enemy side responds to you. Will you find 10 defenders? Or will you find a group of 25 guilds? You can't know this and you can't have any demands. 

On the enemy side they are also real players, like you, and they too have the freedom to choose what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.

Ehh...  back before this whole nonsense started with the expansion powercreep, WvW had an extremely healthy havoc and smallscale scene.  You'd regularly have to fight over a camp or tower as soon as RI expired.  You'd get into a 3v3 and have to constantly watch for a second group of 2 or 3 who might jump in and sweep it all.  Everywhere, while the blobs were still fighting.  The scraps and game of both cat and mouse trying to predict where the other group is going to go next is the fun part; objectives just brought enemies to a specific spot and disrupted supply chains for the enemy blob.  Frankly, less than half the players on the map were usually found in the blob unless it was a particularly big siege or objective defense.  The content is us, but if it takes me twenty minutes of flipping camps uncontested to get a 1v2 that's more or less just two boon builds spamming defense until they eventually grind you down, I'm not gonna waste my time.  That's effectively no content.  I have other hobbies.

HoT's powercreep seriously damaged the smallscale scene, and Warclaw and boon spamming from PoF and beyond killed it.  There's no action-packed smallscale content and actual map relevancy to enjoy anymore without either totally avoiding fights like spending ages trebbing a random T2+ tower out of range of the sentry effect, or simply getting run over by the big enemy boonball mounted on warclaws because they can disrupt the small siege and be back to their main fight in basically no time at all with no risk of literally anyone dying.  In those older days, running 25 people at a skilled group of 5 meant you seriously might lose 3 or more in the process, and that player didn't have a fast way back to the main blob.  Yeah, the zergbusting stuff was largely an extreme rarity, but that skillgroup could single-handedly halt the main blob's sweep of the map through striking down ranged DPS or outright kill the commander, even despite wiping.

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Oh I'm not saying that it's ok like it is but it's what is best for your own sanity. I'm almost done with the WvW legendaries myself and I just need to get 2-3 weeks worth of WvW claim tickets. And when I've completed them, I'm going to take a long break from WvW. My main personal grievance is boonballs. They make all the imbalances 10 times worse and since Anet refuses to address boonballs, I'm just going to finish my legendaries and go back to PvE full time. And if that starts to bore me then I'll take an extended break from GW2. 

Yeah, see players like myself never really played PvE nor cared about legendaries.  I sold my precursors to convert gold to gems for transfers in WvW or for the skins I actually wanted.

I don't think I've completed a meta-event since HoT launched and didn't play LW in any serious capacity since like Bloodstone Fen.  For the ascended accessories for WvW before they added the vendor and reward track.

It's why I quit a while back and mostly troll around here when I'm bored, getting ready for bed, or waiting on dinner to cook or something.  There's zero incentive to log in anymore.

Edited by DeceiverX.8361
  • Like 1

is this wvw's gf left me cuz of ladderbord?

i would recommend scouring youtube for some organized wvw play. find out how they move and practice, a lot. visit metabattle to look at builds. when you're ready join a guild that is accepting of new players and begin your karma train journey to greener pastures

21 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

is this wvw's gf left me cuz of ladderbord?

i would recommend scouring youtube for some organized wvw play. find out how they move and practice, a lot. visit metabattle to look at builds. when you're ready join a guild that is accepting of new players and begin your karma train journey to greener pastures

It's just that that's not everybody's cup of tea. I've played a roamer/scout for most of my time in WvW and that suits me fine. It's just that some servers take WvW much more seriously than others.