Legendary Weapons

Yes they do omit this, I found out because I was going to buy a pistol and the tooltip said that in order for my character to use that, I needed to do the achievement first. Strange implementation ArenaNet...

Edited by puremagic.3168

4 minutes ago, puremagic.3168 said:

Yes they do omit this, I found out because I was going to buy a pistol and the tooltip said that in order for my character to use that, I needed to do the achievement first. Strange implementation ArenaNet...

I mean they have to tie it to soto somehow or everyone would get the new weapons

3 minutes ago, Zion.1874 said:

I can't find anything related to this achievement in the achievements tab... what do I need to do to get it?

It's called Astral Ward Arsenal in the new Realm of Dreams story achievements section.  You need SoTO.

• Like 1

"Astral Ward Arsenal"

Question: It's labeled as "Journal: The War Council". Usually when something is labeled like that, it means you complete it inside that story instance. I'm there now, and I don't see anything anywhere to click on, let alone 5 things.

As I like to perform these in as few play throughs as possible, is this mislabeled? Is this really something you do in an area outside of The War Council story instance? 🤔

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eram the Liar.5720 said:

I thought everyone was *supposed* to get the new weapons. They kept saying this was a free update.

Free was for existing weapon proficiency, including HOT and POF weapons.  Since this is expanded weapon proficiency, its probably not extended to non upgraded players yet.

9 minutes ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

Free was for existing weapon proficiency, including HOT and POF weapons.  Since this is expanded weapon proficiency, its probably not extended to non upgraded players yet.

Free was for the beta previews of it.  Weaponmaster proficiency, that allows you to use the HOT and POF weapons (if you own those too), has always required SoTO.   You can't unlock that feature without it, without doing the SoTO story.

Edited by Chaba.5410

So the Astral Ward Achievement thing that you buy from wvw is bugged. I got it for 100 green coins and nothing happened. I logged off and on again, left wvw, changed toons, changed the map…nope. Am still not able to equip a pistol on my ele. Tried in both wvw and pve, same thing..says I need to buy it or complete the pve achievement. 
Devs - could you please look into this and see what is happening? Thank you! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine.5329 said:

So the Astral Ward Achievement thing that you buy from wvw is bugged. I got it for 100 green coins and nothing happened. I logged off and on again, left wvw, changed toons, changed the map…nope. Am still not able to equip a pistol on my ele. Tried in both wvw and pve, same thing..says I need to buy it or complete the pve achievement. 
Devs - could you please look into this and see what is happening? Thank you! 

You have to buy 4 extra items from the same WvW vendor. Each cost 100 green coins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Night.2531 said:

You have to buy 4 extra items from the same WvW vendor. Each cost 100 green coins.

Thank you! Pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it wasn't working. This step was not obvious to me... why not just charge 500 coins for one item is beyond me.

4 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Free was for the beta previews of it.  Weaponmaster proficiency, that allows you to use the HOT and POF weapons (if you own those too), has always required SoTO.   You can't unlock that feature without it, without doing the SoTO story.

Thank you for clarifying, i thought id remembered hearing the older expansion weapons had been extended to everyone.

Edited by HazyDaisy.4107

15 hours ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

This is incorrect, you only need Soto for this.

Edit: should have read the whole convo before commenting, sorry.

Edited by Akronox.8251