Inner Nayos Mapcompletion - No Rewards

Goddamn what a bunch of crybabies, yelling and crying constantly. Devs should lay off this forum and only listen to a select few players that are passionate and respectful about this game. Players should play the game instead of complaining. Always something to nitpick and complain about “I don’t raid”, “I don’t pvp!”, “I don”t WvW!”, “I don’t to achievements!”. What’s next? “I don’t play the game!”

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 7

18 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the lantern lighting is intended and is indicated in the item description for the Gift of Inner Nayos.

the final map still has one more expansion to come in the final update, but I would assume that it's a minor area that isn't worth delaying the the legendary armor for.

Yeah okay where exactly is this in the item description? It only has a name and Account Bound on Acquire written on it. It's not even Gift of Inner Nayos Lanterns.

There is clearly lack of communication on Anet's part, if it was intended to be the Lantern way, since they themselves encouraged players to start working on the armor earlier (p.e. News post). The previous way of getting gifts from maps was completing the maps AND THEN the lanterns for an alternate way of completing the map AFTER they were unlocked in the first place. But now the map is not complete and we're getting Lanterns. This is a change of pattern and it is unannounced, how can one expect another to predict this?

If Anet is adding the Legendary armor itself into the game, one would expect all the usual ways of getting the necessary items will be available and if not or not in the same way – given the notice before. Which is literally very not hard, even a News post would do. Especially since doing part of map completion is something one can do in preparation and the preparation was encouraged! Maps like Bjora gave full rewards for 1 half, what is the point of keeping the Gift of Inner Nayos from players for doing map completion and offering it in a different way, when the Gift is necessary for something that has already released?? You could always move the rewards after full map was completed to give them for full map completion, as it is with p.e. Bjora.

But for most players it's not even the fact that we're not getting it for map completion of yet not completed map. It's the lack of communication about how it will work. If people knew they will need to wait for the even next update to get the Gift with map completion and that they will have to run some part of it with 6/12/18 characters/times again, they would have simply not spent the time on this and did something else, probably still in the game, that they enjoy. Now it is a wasted time. A very non-client friendly design.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, Mukizo.1269 said:

Goddamn what a bunch of crybabies, yelling and crying constantly. Devs should lay off this forum and only listen to a select few players that are passionate and respectful about this game. Players should play the game instead of complaining. Always something to nitpick and complain about “I don’t raid”, “I don’t pvp!”, “I don”t WvW!”, “I don’t to achievements!”. What’s next? “I don’t play the game!”

You're not selling the game to 10 players that you think deserve any input because this is what you like to hear and making any profit off of it. This is not how business works.

If you're paying for something, you've right to complain, if it is not to your liking. Even more so if you've to pay upfront and the content is not what was expected. It's not because people want to destroy the game or the company or the devs themselves. Being respectful has nothing to do with how the game is. They are paying for a product and expecting what they have paid for – which is probably enjoyment for most of people – or at least clear communication for any possible changes. Imagine paying for a suit with shoes for an important party you're having at a specific date. You're promised it will be black, very soft fabric and embroidered with special patterns and details on the specific occasion you're celebrating and that you were talking with the tailors for hours to get perfect. But then it arrives – and it's missing the thread and embroidery, so it's basically just a bunch of pieces of black cloth. They tell you "Yeah, sorry, we know we sent it to you like this, but you can pick up the thread at our store 100km from you and we'll sew it for you there or send it back and we'll send it back to you in 2-3 months, all sewn! Oh and it was fully intended that we sent it like this btw, we know you've been waiting for that party, so have a nice trip 😉".
So what are you doing? Moving the party you've been waiting for so long, prepping all the foods, drinks, place to a date 2-3 months later or going to pick it up, regretting that you've spent so much time on all this design and talks, and it's not even gonna be ready, and you have to go get it yourself anyway?

Edited by Ezraholic.7349
are a word
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, Ezraholic.7349 said:

You're not selling the game to 10 players that you think deserve any input because this is what you like to hear and making any profit off of it. This is not how business works.

If you're paying for something, you've right to complain, if it is not to your liking. Even more so if you've to pay upfront and the content is not what was expected. It's not because people want to destroy the game or the company or the devs themselves. Being respectful has nothing to do with how the game is. They are paying for a product and expecting what they have paid for – which is probably enjoyment for most of people – or at least clear communication for any possible changes. Imagine paying for a suit with shoes for an important party you're having at a specific date. You're promised it will be black, very soft fabric and embroidered with special patterns and details on the specific occasion you're celebrating and that you were talking with the tailors for hours to get perfect. But then it arrives – and it's missing the thread and embroidery, so it's basically just a bunch of pieces of black cloth. They tell you "Yeah, sorry, we know we sent it to you like this, but you can pick up the thread at our store 100km from you and we'll sew it for you there or send it back and we'll send it back to you in 2-3 months, all sewn! Oh and it was fully intended that we sent it like this btw, we know you've been waiting for that party, so have a nice trip 😉".
So what are you doing? Moving the party you've been waiting for so long, prepping all the foods, drinks, place to a date 2-3 months later or going to pick it up, regretting that you've spent so much time on all this design and talks, and it's not even gonna be ready, and you have to go get it yourself anyway?

The problem is that we have not been “paying” anything for too long. This attracts a casual market where the majority just try the game because it’s free and will run around in the open world killing a few mobs before logging off for the day. Now they have to please these casual players which are the majority.

The problem of this game is its monetization plain and simple. If you wanna find the root problem start there. No content is the result of the gem store, all the shiny skins and mounts being locked behind a gem store instead of being unlock-able content is a major two sided sword. Open world events which just are massive zergs of people running around pressing 1 is not content (80% are afk too before the main boss/last event). The majority of achievements can also be argued as not being real content.

Convergences and especially rifts are a massive step in the wrong direction, however the players I described earlier don’t seem to care because the shiny reward at the end obscures all the mind numbing empty grind, which are not even fun.

Now I have mentioned these things several times before but people don’t seem to care unless it’s about minuscule things which are the result of much bigger root problems. I simply answered with the same ignorance as the white knights.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

This all could have been avoided by simply telling us in advance that the gift would not come from map completion. The entire problem is that it was a surprise. We would have been given a chance to express our love of map completion and disdain for lamplighting, but regardless, we would have had months to mentally adjust to this new normal.

And it is a new normal. This is the first time that a map completion gift has only been obtainable via lanterns, instead of, you know... map completion. We deserved advance warning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Handsel.2891 said:

Isn't it just a tiny bit possible that the reason we don't get map completion reward is because the map is, you know, not complete?

I know. Wild concept...

Sigh... again... as stated throughout this entire thread... previous maps that were released in incomplete states still granted the full map completion awards for completing only the fraction that currently existed at the time.

Furthermore, the mere existence of the gift directly implies being able to obtain it via map completion.

We needed to be told in advance that this was not going to work this way. Literally, all they had to do was say this three months ago: "FYI, you won't be able to get the Gift of Inner Nayos via map completion when the first tier of the Obsidian legendary armor is released, because Inner Nayos won't be finished yet, and we've decided not to grant map completion rewards this time until the map is completed in its entirety. However, we're adding lanterns as an alternative way to obtain the gift in the meantime." Just communicate.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mukizo.1269 said:

Devs should lay off this forum and only listen to a select few players that are passionate and respectful about this game.

So there's no chance that the people who are complaining about certain things are complaining because they are passionate about the game, and seeing it no longer meeting its own high standards is not sitting well with them?

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

So there's no chance that the people who are complaining about certain things are complaining because they are passionate about the game, and seeing it no longer meeting its own high standards is not sitting well with them?

Right? Like, the people complaining are the ones who have made 99% of an open world legendary armor set. They are the "select few players" that are passionate (and communicating their disappointment respectfully) about this game.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

After re-contemplating this issue I believe it is a better decision by ANET.  This way you don't need 18 characters for gifts of Inner Nayos. One toon can get all the gifts you need.

That was already possible for the other exploration gifts, they have lanterns too. You had the choice to do either lanterns or 18 character map completion. For Nayos you don't have the choice

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You mean that one noone knew about before the content drop on the 27h?

which is irrelevent; if you made an assumption before the information was released, and your assumption is wrong, you have no one to blame but yourself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

ETA: Its been noted that Inner Nayos still has 33% of a map to reveal. I stand by my point. Precedents says full map rewards awarded immediately for partly completed maps, and Gifts of X Map coming from Map completion.  A lack of consistency is something Anet gets rightly criticized for a lot and it would be nice if they didn't constantly add fuel to that particular fire. 

Gift of Inner Nayos Aside (And for the record, it should drop from map completion and then also from the achievement rewards for Illuminating Inner Nayos because that is the precident YOU set). The rewards are still bugged. Behold: 

Skywatch Map Rewards 

• 8,001 Experience Points
  • 22 Silver
  • Gift of Skywatch Mastery
  • A Random Exotic Equipment
  • Guaranteed Transmutation Charge
  • A Chance at either a Transmutation Charge(75%) or a Black Lion Key (25%)

Wizard's Tower Map Rewards

• 8,802 Experience Points

Amnytas Map Rewards

• 22 Silver
  • Gift of Amnytas Mastery
  • A Random Exotic Equipment
  • Guaranteed Transmutation Charge
  • A Chance at either a Transmutation Charge(75%) or a Black Lion Key (25%)

Inner Nayos Map Rewards

And I did just test the Inner Nayos drop. The Character hadn't set foot in the map before yesterday. So, to beat a dead horse: We better map completion rewards for a lounge than a map where everything is trying to kill you.

Edited by Neathra.1950
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

On 2/28/2024 at 6:52 PM, Locce.8405 said:

You are staring right at the point, yet missing it. People love playing this game. The menial busywork of flying around to find and click a lot of lanterns? Not so much. If it's a necessity to get a valuable reward people will still do it, but they won't enjoy it, and they will complain about not enjoying it.

You have Aurora or Vision? Any legendaries?
I don't mind doing lamps 18 time. You know why? It's the QoL that's make it worth while. I don't want do content I don't like. I want to enjoy the game, in my time, and how i do it? Just playing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Alexander.9342 said:

You have Aurora or Vision? Any legendaries?
I don't mind doing lamps 18 time. You know why? It's the QoL that's make it worth while. I don't want do content I don't like. I want to enjoy the game, in my time, and how i do it? Just playing.

You're still missing the point.

• Skywatch Archipelago: do map completion 18 times or do lanterns 18 times
  • Amnytas: do map completion 18 times or do lanterns 18 times
  • Inner Nayos: do map completion 18 times or do lanterns 18 times

It's nice that you don't mind doing lanterns 18 times. Other players do mind. Their other option was taken away.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 2/28/2024 at 8:35 PM, Shaman.2034 said:

Sigh... again... as stated throughout this entire thread... previous maps that were released in incomplete states still granted the full map completion awards for completing only the fraction that currently existed at the time.

Furthermore, the mere existence of the gift directly implies being able to obtain it via map completion.

We needed to be told in advance that this was not going to work this way. Literally, all they had to do was say this three months ago: "FYI, you won't be able to get the Gift of Inner Nayos via map completion when the first tier of the Obsidian legendary armor is released, because Inner Nayos won't be finished yet, and we've decided not to grant map completion rewards this time until the map is completed in its entirety. However, we're adding lanterns as an alternative way to obtain the gift in the meantime." Just communicate.

I probably missed your thoughts about this when the first part of the map released, then. My bad. I don't frequent the forums all that much. In my experience, it's mostly complaining about insignificant things, which is, frankly, very tiring to read sometimes...

Back to the game...

Edited by Handsel.2891
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Shaman.2034 said:

You're still missing the point.

• Skywatch Archipelago: do map completion 18 times or do lanterns 18 times
  • Amnytas: do map completion 18 times or do lanterns 18 times
  • Inner Nayos: do map completion 18 times or do lanterns 18 times

It's nice that you don't mind doing lanterns 18 times. Other players do mind. Their other option was taken away.

And you are missing the point that the map isn't complete yet. For reference, check your progress on the achievement "Skyfarer"

No complete map, no map completion reward.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Handsel.2891 said:

And you are missing the point that the map isn't complete yet. For reference, check your progress on the achievement "Skyfarer"

No complete map, no map completion reward.

I am not missing the point. I have addressed it multiple times already. In the interest of discussing this topic in a way that will help you understand other people's perspectives, please don't just ignore it.

This is different from how past map completion was handled. For example, when Bjora Marches was only the east half, you could complete only the east half to get the full map completion rewards. Then, when the west half was added, completing it on characters that already got map completion rewards only gave the 8,001 experience, whereas any characters that did not complete the east half had to complete the entire map to get the full map completion rewards. This is how all incomplete maps worked in the past.

How it should have worked was that we could finish east and west Nayos today to get the gift, before the map is complete, but any characters that haven't done east and west Nayos when they add the 3rd part have to do the entire map to get the gift. That would have been consistent with every other incomplete map, in addition to preserving players' options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Shaman.2034 said:

I am not missing the point. I have addressed it multiple times already. In the interest of discussing this topic in a way that will help you understand other people's perspectives, please don't just ignore it.

This is different from how past map completion was handled. For example, when Bjora Marches was only the east half, you could complete only the east half to get the full map completion rewards. Then, when the west half was added, completing it on characters that already got map completion rewards only gave the 8,001 experience, whereas any characters that did not complete the east half had to complete the entire map to get the full map completion rewards. This is how all incomplete maps worked in the past.

How it should have worked was that we could finish east and west Nayos today to get the gift, before the map is complete, but any characters that haven't done east and west Nayos when they add the 3rd part have to do the entire map to get the gift. That would have been consistent with every other incomplete map, in addition to preserving players' options.

• Skywatch Archipelago: Fully released
  • Amnytas: Fully released
  • Inner Nayos: Incomplete

Because they did something in the past for a half released map, doesn;t mean they have to do it again. Ever thought about it?
Maybe (and I say maybe, because I don't develop the game) you get the gift when the map is fully released, or maybe not. I do not know.
But telling someone how something should work, without knowing all the details, makes you a rude person.

You are getting less experience from Inner Nayos if you reference it with The Wizard's Tower. But maybe you can consider Inner Nayos isn't complete, where The Wizard's Tower is.

Let's just agree we disagree and leave it that, so we can play our game(s).

Edited by Alexander.9342
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On a positive note, the Inner Nayos lanterns are VERY VERY easy.  None of them are locked behind events (I hope this will be their new model) and some are so close you can see one from the other.  Heck, at each WP there are 3 lanterns within 15 seconds of each other.  Even without a guide I was able to knock one completion off in less than 30  mins.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Alexander.9342 said:
  • Skywatch Archipelago: Fully released
  • Amnytas: Fully released
  • Inner Nayos: Incomplete

Because they did something in the past for a half released map, doesn;t mean they have to do it again. Ever thought about it?
Maybe (and I say maybe, because I don't develop the game) you get the gift when the map is fully released, or maybe not. I do not know.
But telling someone how something should work, without knowing all the details, makes you a rude person.

You are getting less experience from Inner Nayos if you reference it with The Wizard's Tower. But maybe you can consider Inner Nayos isn't complete, where The Wizard's Tower is.

Let's just agree we disagree and leave it that, so we can play our game(s).

Yes why should a company be consistent in how they do things it will surely not confuse players at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2