Wizards Vault Special: 'Complete Tier 1 of an Artisan of Arms Achievement' not tracking [Merged]

Just completed Warrior Staff 100 kills. No Wizards Vault Completion despite showing achieve completed in achievements. Same as everyone else above.

For those having trouble getting kills to track, make sure you're dealing killing blows with the weapon and not your utility skills. I pretty much just used skill 1 on 100 enemies in a starting zone and got the achieve

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Schipmunk.2158 said:

Just completed Warrior Staff 100 kills. No Wizards Vault Completion despite showing achieve completed in achievements. Same as everyone else above.

For those having trouble getting kills to track, make sure you're dealing killing blows with the weapon and not your utility skills. I pretty much just used skill 1 on 100 enemies in a starting zone and got the achieve

You have to get a killing blow? So the full achievement for an engineer requires you to get 1000 killing blows with a support/heal weapon? Who designs this ridiculous stuff?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, wenhao.3691 said:

im ele killing an enemy with a pistol does not trigger at all

I noticed kills only count if you strike the killing blow with direct damage. Pretty annoying to get kills with guardian pistol, even when playing solo. Many kills don't count because of the burning.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I noticed kills only count if you strike the killing blow with direct damage. Pretty annoying to get kills with guardian pistol, even when playing solo. Many kills don't count because of the burning.

That sounds like the same problem with a lot of the old Weapon Master achievements.  Like, if you're a necro trying for the Trident Master achievement, just forget about it because your auto-attack puts out bleeds while most of the other skills also put out damaging condis and the things usually die to the condis and you don't get credit.

Edited by Chaba.5410

Tested it a bit more.

Achievement:
Can confirm, like someone mentioned before, kills count for strike damage but not for condi.

Wizard's Vault Special:
Didn't count for staff warrior after getting all the kills and progressing the achievement's tier.  
Counted and awarded Astral Acclaim immediately for pistol ele.