• Protection 100%
  • Quickness 100%
  • Resistance 100%
  • Resolution  100%
  • Swiftness 100%
  • Vigor 100%
  • Stab 60%
  • Access to Aegis

About 6k DpS by myself  with a Disc/Tactic/Berserker build.

Could probably be much higher.

Healing Numbers are good.

Staff Primal Burst heal is 4k with a 3.75s CD without Alacrity.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEY6MsMC2Hbh5wMxk36ulB-DSJYqRNfZUdGkeJo7FhgIA1hyeI8BA-e

The build is in the same situation that Druid was before todays patch.

Staff x/ Warhorn without a Mainhand support weapon.  

Rework to Mace ? 😉

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

(Haven't been in game yet) -- Does it feel like you have enough healing with staff to not need Vigorous Shouts? That at least opens up your utility skills (per your links). Defense Banner still looks good. If you over stack boons, even if you drop out of Berserker mode every once in a while that's probably fine

6 hours ago, ButterPeanut.9746 said:

(Haven't been in game yet) -- Does it feel like you have enough healing with staff to not need Vigorous Shouts? That at least opens up your utility skills (per your links). Defense Banner still looks good. If you over stack boons, even if you drop out of Berserker mode every once in a while that's probably fine

All the staff skills heal for multiple thousands. Your burst, which is roughly 2.8s CD with alac heals for over 4k Aoe. 

So far, it was fine without Vigorous Shouts. But I need to give it a real test run today when I come home. Like boneskinner. 

6 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

I wanted to use this in an alternative manner as a self-support stick, but unfortunately they completely gutted the damage (see rampart splitter nerf) and mobility (see removal of quickness affecting line breaker). 

Yeah dmg was really not that great. 

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Honestly, doesn't seem like enough. We'll see how it plays in practice.

It's atleast a consistent stab every 10 seconds. Better then nothing I guess. Maybe make the base duration 5s 🤔

14 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Eh. Staff is apparently too tanky in PvP (oh no, warrior got more self sustain at the expense of damage, what ever will the plebs do...) so any nerfs that happen will probably be on the healing totals.

On the pve side, it totally depends if the build shows up on snowcrows. 

If it's determined playable, we will see nerfs. 

Lan and Dan = Extremely probable, given the amount of obvious hate the warrior has received since what, ~ 2014/15?

... torch.  ... dagger.  ... offhand pistol?

Staff/Polearm should have either come out upon game release for warrior, or for HoT.

Now that they've corrected that mistake, they better not nerf this into the ground...

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

On the pve side, it totally depends if the build shows up on snowcrows. 

If it's determined playable, we will see nerfs. 

Well, you saw and left a reply in my post about the heal warrior a month and a half ago; it's definitely playable, I'm using it in our CM trainings (HT aside for obvious reasons, OLC & KO are still on the to-do list, works well in raids). Real issue is the protection uptime, aegis & regen access restricted to a banner and how stability competes with other healing traits; to these points, the staff replies "screw Vigorous shouts and the rest, imma be your must-have". Provides regen on chain finisher, massive healing to disregard the shouts so you could trait Martial cadence for stab, while aegis & protection are on Line breaker. A lazy solution IMO when the warhorn already was a great tool despite a mainhand support weapon missing, although at least the mace had some use for a tank (doubled by extra CC for qheal zerk) while mainhand axe had a whirl finisher in light fields for extra condi cleanse & the Axe throw contributing to healsworn's Lush forest. There were several synergies promoting knowledge & anticipation (from combos to anticipating damages with barrier or your only aegis/stab every 30s), staff's lazily answering with massive heal amounts, and in doing so completely disregards whatever work could've been put in the actual support traits to promote variety, thus bottlenecking it to a single two-hander.

Since it didn't look like there were many bold enough players to put the healer warrior to the test (only met one in two months) as long as it isn't labeled "meta", I gave up the topic; should a nerf hit the staff, back to square one!

Edited by Mevelios.4809
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mevelios.4809 said:

Well, you saw and left a reply in my post about the heal warrior a month and a half ago; it's definitely playable, I'm using it in our CM trainings (HT aside for obvious reasons, OLC & KO are still on the to-do list, works well in raids). Real issue is the protection uptime, aegis & regen access restricted to a banner and how stability competes with other healing traits; to these points, the staff replies "screw Vigorous shouts and the rest, imma be your must-have". Provides regen on chain finisher, massive healing to disregard the shouts so you could trait Martial cadence for stab, while aegis & protection are on Line breaker. A lazy solution IMO when the warhorn already was a great tool despite a mainhand support weapon missing, although at least the mace had some use for a tank (doubled by extra CC for qheal zerk) while mainhand axe had a whirl finisher in light fields for extra condi cleanse & the Axe throw contributing to healsworn's Lush forest. There were several synergies promoting knowledge & anticipation (from combos to anticipating damages with barrier or your only aegis/stab every 30s), staff's lazily answering with massive heal amounts, and in doing so completely disregards whatever work could've been put in the actual support traits to promote variety, thus bottlenecking it to a single two-hander.

Since it didn't look like there were many bold enough players to put the healer warrior to the test (only met one in two months) as long as it isn't labeled "meta", I gave up the topic; should a nerf hit the staff, back to square one!

Thing is. I trust the Balance Team as far as i can throw.

And thats not far, because of my noodle Arms. 😄

They will find a way to somehow ruin it again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

They will find a way to somehow ruin it again.

Well, what I meant is I'm really worried about just limiting it to a weapon, and maybe that's just me playing it wrong for the last two months (wrong enough to pass several CM marks at least 😆), but I can only see unsolved issues. Qheal zerk without Vigorous shouts will just want to keep two staves without even getting sigils with weapon swap effects, since you can't really disregard a +10% outgoing healing bonus while concentration/boon duration still being a limit to the pure healer build, you want to keep the +10% boon duration sigil as well; then you get the healsworn for which the whole point is to switch to dragon trigger/gunsaber to provide alac, meaning it'll be unable to heal while weapon swap's in CD without vigorous shouts, but if you trait it then you're back to missing a stab source AND overhealing so much it deserves a nerf.

When I see the Karakosa relic was overperforming on revenant mace's triple blast finisher, so the relic got nerfed for everyone instead of looking at a single profession's weapon, I'm worried the same treatment will be applied to the warrior on a smaller scale: staff's the lazy answer to everything related to the healer warrior, so whatever was otherwise contributing to that role might be nerfed - effectively reinforcing the must-have aspect of the staff and bottlenecking again the profile to a single build. Time will tell... will it?

It's still a good weapon for the sake of a healer role and provides, I suppose, a way of getting out of the vigorous shouts must-have that existed so far (for the sake of the "diversity" argument). But it does so with such efficiency that it shuts down the creative uses there were to X/warhorn, and goes in contradiction with one e-spec's mechanic that either makes it an overhealing asset, either takes such a risk for alacrity that you don't really want to touch it. I can't see it ending well.

Edited by Mevelios.4809

On 2/27/2024 at 9:01 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Yeah dmg was really not that great. 

From a Fractals/Instanced PvE perspective, that's not entirely a gamebreaker. Healbrand and Healrald are similar where you sacrifice everything for heals with some utility.

Comparatively do you find that it simply doesn't do enough? Like, not enough healing to warrant the lower damage or less utility compared to others professions?

On 2/27/2024 at 1:29 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Staff x/ Warhorn without a Mainhand support weapon.  

I've been testing out Axe Mainhand and while it's okay I'm not particularly impressed with the damage, and the reduced quickness and burst duration makes it feel like a struggle being in that weapon set for longer than it takes to use both Warhorn skills and swap back to staff.

Would Dagger perhaps work a bit better for the leap finisher (skill 2), boon removal (burst), and intermittent CC (skill 3) despite the fact that the aftercast delay on the burst is a complete pain? If ANet actually revises mending might to apply AOE healing instead of just self healing, dagger would be useful for boonrip (Fractals: NPNG) as well as might-stacking with auto-attack.