is cerus cm possible? [Merged]

5 hours ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

Given that Anet was aiming for the difficulty of KO CM, this is kinda ridiculous. The DPS Check is tighter than HT CM. Even the Snow Crows progression - you know, the people who DO THE BENCHMARKS - doesn't have enough DPS. How are the devs expecing a large chunk of the raid/strike CM players to clear this?

This will never be puggable either. Unlike KO CM, which they have been comparing their difficulty goals to.

I wonder how the testing team managed to beat the dps check. Perhaps I am wrong but I assume that they beat the encounter at least once even with the recently fixed bug still in place.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 4:36 AM, andreiblue.8231 said:

It still shouldn't have more than 3 times Dagda CM's health when the timer for both remains only 10 minutes. Dagda was considered a "dps check" already since she was considered a health sponge and you just increased that dps check for a fight that has even more split phases and forced movement.

I just tried it again after the patch and it is still impossible to kill because the dps check is too much with all the movement and the furthest we got was with a ranged strat where we all stayed far from cerus, placed aoes on the side and the adds behind us and healers used ports to deal with collecting orbs part. The boss has TOO MUCH HP when the timer is only 10m.

1 hour ago, Entara.3075 said:

I wonder how the testing team managed to beat the dps check. Perhaps I am wrong but I assume that they beat the encounter at least once even with the recently fixed bug still in place.

This is a REALLY good question. There was a team who tested this encounter (?) So theyre (Anet) better then most players?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entara.3075 said:

Keep in mind post bug + fix they had the boss HP at 106mil, bugged it was at 160mil and now it's a 130mil. They playtested it with the old values, so it's not comparable.

• Like 1

The fight is considered a dps check because by current means there is no way to actually beat it even when played perfectly. It is also considered a dps check because this fight has no new mechanics it is as lazy as it gets design wise. Only the rate of mechanics has been increase as well as the health pool. If you think Anet tested this iteration or htcm for that matter you are wrong

Edit: Why is a simple dps check boss fight even a thing? Are you too lazy to come up with actual interesting mechanics? Maybe do it similarly to Ankka cm where you have a dps check for the actual title. Also, how is anybody supposed to build a group for this dps check when you would need a 3rd party tool to identifiy who is actually capable of playing their class to the extent that is needed? Or do we prolong the process by hours and meet in the special forces trainings area and everyone has to prove themselves before the strike? Is that what you want players to do? You know, when players ask for a boss that is at least a slight challenge they didn't mean a stupid bullet sponge with boring, generic and spammed mechanics that also favor certain classes to an unreal extent. I am not interested in most of the open world content or the poorly written story and in my books the new instanced boss fights are a disgrace and would have been a disappointment even for a free update let alone a payed expansion.

Edited by Mewone.3247
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, NovaanVerdiano.6174 said:

Keep in mind post bug + fix they had the boss HP at 106mil, bugged it was at 160mil and now it's a 130mil. They playtested it with the old values, so it's not comparable.

What I am saying is that I would assume that they play tested it in its original bugged state at 160mil HP so how did the testers overcome the dps check?

Note: I am unaware of the non-percentage based health I am using OPs numbers.

2 hours ago, Entara.3075 said:

What I am saying is that I would assume that they play tested it in its original bugged state at 160mil HP so how did the testers overcome the dps check?

They likely didn't have that bug appear on their internal testing instance. Which means they likely tested that fight on a boss that was much easier than either the bugged, or the current, unbugged but buffed version.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Entara.3075 said:

/dev_console @target_kill

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

They didn't do the testing to that extent which is why this has been released in a bugged state similarly to every other strike in existance. Does anyone honestly believe they tested HTcm and tuned it to the version we got and actually beat it and concluded this is exactly the challenge we wanted it to be? If so, why didnt the million bugs came up during that process? For HTcm they either tested it, didnt care for the million bugs and released it anyways or they never tested it to that extent in the first place which is just as bad and exactly what happened here. There is no quality control and people need to stop making up excuses for a company that doesnt care about you. You payed for this and you deserve better. I payed 30 bucks and waited months in hope for a decent new strike mission and the result is garbage that even an AI could have made better.

Edited by Mewone.3247
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mewone.3247 said:

They didn't do the testing to that extent which is why this has been released in a bugged state similarly to every other strike in existance. Does anyone honestly believe they tested HTcm and tuned it to the version we got and actually beat it and concluded this is exactly the challenge we wanted it to be? If so, why didnt the million bugs came up during that process? For HTcm they either tested it, didnt care for the million bugs and released it anyways or they never tested it to that extent in the first place which is just as bad and exactly what happened here. There is no quality control and people need to stop making up excuses for a company that doesnt care about you. You payed for this and you deserve better. I payed 30 bucks and waited months in hope for a decent new strike mission and the result is garbage that even an AI could have made better.

Pure speculation, but I think when they test bosses they just test scaled-down versions of them, in a way of not having to hire 10 QAs just for testing. On HTCM they probably tested every phase individually, since there are very little bugs within individual phases, but there are A LOT of bugs when transitioning from one phase to another.

But yep, for Cerus' CM, please reduce the HP or REMOVE THE TIME HARD LIMIT, or heck, why not both. Does Anet really think that making challenging content is putting a limit to how much DPS players actually have to do? Why are they perpetuating power creep? This only makes some classes impossible to run this kind of content, and pushes players to play OP classes instead (cVirt is massive here, and even more because they have access to the only 5000-range portal as a skill (scourge has 900 range only, thief has one-way only))

For some math, 130 million HP in 10 minutes means 217k DPS for the full squad. If you have 2 boon+heal that can deal 20% damage of a full dps, 2x boon DPS dealing 75%  and 6 full dps, you need to have full DPS dealing 30k and boon DPS dealing 22k. And it's not a golem where you can stack and do your rotation, you need to keep moving in and out to deal with any of the mechanics, which anyone in the team can get targeted, and having to waste DPS time dealing with mobs (malice spawns). There are very few classes that can deal this kind of damage with these conditions.

The enrage mechanic is the challenging part in this encounter, where the boss gets more powerful for every mechanical mistake anyone does. So it needs practice to get good at clearing the encounter. Having an extremely large HP with a time limit only makes sure that those going for the highest DPS will clear it easier than those learning the actual mechanics.

Edited by blackoil.2673
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, blackoil.2673 said:

Pure speculation, but I think when they test bosses they just test scaled-down versions of them, in a way of not having to hire 10 QAs just for testing. On HTCM they probably tested every phase individually, since there are very little bugs within individual phases, but there are A LOT of bugs when transitioning from one phase to another.

But yep, for Cerus' CM, please reduce the HP or REMOVE THE TIME HARD LIMIT, or heck, why not both. Does Anet really think that making challenging content is putting a limit to how much DPS players actually have to do? Why are they perpetuating power creep? This only makes some classes impossible to run this kind of content, and pushes players to play OP classes instead (cVirt is massive here, and even more because they have access to the only 5000-range portal as a skill (scourge has 900 range only, thief has one-way only))

For some math, 130 million HP in 10 minutes means 217k DPS for the full squad. If you have 2 boon+heal that can deal 20% damage of a full dps, 2x boon DPS dealing 75%  and 6 full dps, you need to have full DPS dealing 30k and boon DPS dealing 22k. And it's not a golem where you can stack and do your rotation, you need to keep moving in and out to deal with any of the mechanics, which anyone in the team can get targeted, and having to waste DPS time dealing with mobs (malice spawns). There are very few classes that can deal this kind of damage with these conditions.

The enrage mechanic is the challenging part in this encounter, where the boss gets more powerful for every mechanical mistake anyone does. So it needs practice to get good at clearing the encounter. Having an extremely large HP with a time limit only makes sure that those going for the highest DPS will clear it easier than those learning the actual mechanics.

What's even better is that this isn't the "true" CM. There is still defeating the encounter with all empowerment buffs for the title, much like Gazed into the Void on Xunlai Jade Junkyard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You all kept bragging about how easy Dagda CM is despite having absurd amount of HP/Damage reduction therefore a fat DPS check on pug runs, why do you act surprised that you get hyper duber tanky Cerus CM as is? You mislead devs with entitled community opinions, pretty much it.

I haven't even attempted it since my time is valuable but watching streamers doing it, gl killing it every week or gl trying to get it nerfed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

pls just remove a bulk of his hp OR increase the timer, I really wanna do some runs but no one is willing to try an impossible dps check boss on either my guild or pugs, Im waiting on this boss since day 1 soto, and now I just cannot even try it

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Anet will likely at least wait for the balance patch to first see whether some 60k build emerges which trivializes it.

Plus HTCM generated quite a bit of buzz during the few days before it was cleared, even though it only took so long because of glaring, some still existing, phase transition bugs, coupled to a particular Zhaitan fear bug. The longer Cerus takes to go down from the very top streamers then, the better - and the couple 100s of players who played HTCM can either wait or grind for a longer amount of time until power creep balance patches help them make the kill - if Anet makes the encounter more accessible now they have nothing to gain but a few thankful forum posts. I'm thinking of the title run by the way - empowering all of Cerus embodiments is currently unfeasible even to the people racing for world's 1st baseline completion, let alone to other non-casual, voidwalker players that are not top 50 or so players.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Anet will likely at least wait for the balance patch to first see whether some 60k build emerges which trivializes it.

Plus HTCM generated quite a bit of buzz during the few days before it was cleared, even though it only took so long because of glaring, some still existing, phase transition bugs, coupled to a particular Zhaitan fear bug. The longer Cerus takes to go down from the very top streamers then, the better - and the couple 100s of players who played HTCM can either wait or grind for a longer amount of time until power creep balance patches help them make the kill - if Anet makes the encounter more accessible now they have nothing to gain but a few thankful forum posts. I'm thinking of the title run by the way - empowering all of Cerus embodiments is currently unfeasible even to the people racing for world's 1st baseline completion, let alone to other non-casual, voidwalker players that are not top 50 or so players.

the prob with htcm was zhaitan fear bug
edit: I should read first

Edited by Assolador.3598
  • Confused 1

Could a dev explain why bosses get more and more HP although they are against power creep? I mean power creep is inevitable more or less, but still, let's look at how much HP the last strikes had:

OLC- 52M in nm and 70.5M in cm with 13 minutes timer

CO- 47M in nm and 56M in cm with 10 minutes timer

ToF- 47M in nm and a whooping 130M in cm with 10 minutes timer.

The dps check for each gradually increase and it more than doubles from CO to ToF. I expect some nerfs to condi DE, condi tempest and soulbeast after the new weapons update, but how will those nerfs be excusable after adding a boss with such a high dps requirement?

hands down the worst mechanics in the game - enemies with oversize health pools and time limits.

large health pools are monotonous and boring and take forever to reduce.

Nothing feels lamer than "running out of time" and losing to a boss fight, its just ridiculous.

time limits also spits in the face of "play your way" their "moto" that they still ascribe to i would assume.

I guess it should be modified to, "play your way as long as its ranged dps that provides specific boons".

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

52 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

hands down the worst mechanics in the game - enemies with oversize health pools and time limits.

large health pools are monotonous and boring and take forever to reduce.

Nothing feels lamer than "running out of time" and losing to a boss fight, its just ridiculous.

time limits also spits in the face of "play your way" their "moto" that they still ascribe to i would assume.

Time limits are fine and make perfect sense as long as they're not overtuned.

52 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I guess it should be modified to, "play your way as long as its ranged dps that provides specific boons".

Nah, that's not it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1