Swords Necro is all I ever wanted for Ele.

Nothing just that. 

Wish I could have that fluid interesting fun playstyle with Ele without the need to be a 20 years old fresh top performing super attentive player. 

At least give one, ONE Ele spec that doesn't require much skill to use please. 

You did it for engi you can do it for Ele too. 

Almost 40 now, I was in my 20s when GW1 was the game 🤣 my mind is not that fresh anymore especially after work 😭

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

yea I wish we get offhand sword next time along with longbow cause we got crappy pistol now....Its like hey we gonna give other professions really cool good weapons but give ele something kitten cause they already have fewest weapons so they will be happy with dogcrap.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Aedil.1296 said:

Almost 40 now, I was in my 20s when GW1 was the game 🤣 my mind is not that fresh anymore especially after work 

Felt this. I'm getting older, my brain doesn't process as fast as it did 10-20 years ago, and I want a simple, straightforward ele build. Lol. The next balance patch is going to neuter fire tempest and that's one of if not the only LI build we have left... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

yea I wish we get offhand sword next time along with longbow cause we got crappy pistol now....Its like hey we gonna give other professions really cool good weapons but give ele something kitten cause they already have fewest weapons so they will be happy with dogcrap.

Wait till they give us the shield as off hand weapon

1 minute ago, Squirrell.1493 said:

Wait till they give us the shield as off hand weapon

It's actually not a bad idea, Sword/Shield sounds fun as a mage knight-ish fantasy. Plus it's a good combo for fashion wars.

Although we need something ranged first.

I would like shield or off sword. Better than this kitten pistol. But knowing anet that we want longbow, off shield and sword we would get torch  offhand or even pistol offhand 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Ragnarox.9601
  • Like 1

There some though sword on weaver was going to be an maces to start with but at the last min they changed it to sword due to deman. So weaver sword plays more like an maces wepon then more of an sword.

• Confused 2

A major theme of necromancer is "I harm myself to do more harm to you". There's a balancing act in how it works and if you do things wrong you canreally screw yourself.  The new Necro swords fits that to a "T" with doing damage to yourself but getting healed too. 

That kind of mechanic doesn't fit Ele.  

the bullet mechanism doesn't fit Ele either

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 1

They should create a Gauntlet weapon for Ele, if not longbow. It'll be a new idea but very creative and fitting for what hammer tried to do, which was mixed ranges. 

You know how Holosmith makes weapons out of thin air basically? Well Ele does the same already but they conjure them. So Gauntlets, which will be a Main Hand weapon, conjures different weapons with each attunement 

Fire- conjure greatsword (300-900 range)

Water- conjure ice Longbow (1200 range)

Air- conjure dual pistols (900 range)

Earth- conjure Earth Staff (300-900 range) 

Greatsword could be aoe and range DPS like the elite skill. Longbow could have water blasts and backwards leaps that heal at both the origin and Target location. Longbow could have a ice aura too. Air could be knockbacks and quick lightning fire. Earth could have forward leaps and 300 range autos. Staff could have blocks and a magnetic aura. 

That way you get a little bit of everything. You're not duplicating weapons cause it's technically a Gauntlet. But the conjures are produced from your hands with cool effects. 

Would have been way easier to implement and have fun with than a dusty pistol, lol. It would be a hybrid weapon but easy to use with Fire/Earth melee condi and Water/Air being ranged power.

Weaver would still work. Dual skills based off the main attunement weapon. Fourth and Firth skills are still the old attunement weapon. The gauntlets conjure based off skill use. Just like Holo forge skills are different weapons for every skill

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 9:08 PM, Aedil.1296 said:

Nothing just that. 

Wish I could have that fluid interesting fun playstyle with Ele without the need to be a 20 years old fresh top performing super attentive player. 

At least give one, ONE Ele spec that doesn't require much skill to use please. 

You did it for engi you can do it for Ele too. 

Almost 40 now, I was in my 20s when GW1 was the game 🤣 my mind is not that fresh anymore especially after work 😭

They did, in the form of scepter. But then it was actually as good as all the other specs for once and it had to be nerfed.

#itsOnlyOkWhenItsNotElementalist

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/2/2024 at 2:59 AM, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

It's actually not a bad idea, Sword/Shield sounds fun as a mage knight-ish fantasy. Plus it's a good combo for fashion wars.

Although we need something ranged first.

Guarantee they'd make shield OH a ranged weapon just to be different. Lol. 

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2024 at 6:33 PM, Helgaley.3619 said:

Felt this. I'm getting older, my brain doesn't process as fast as it did 10-20 years ago, and I want a simple, straightforward ele build. Lol. The next balance patch is going to neuter fire tempest and that's one of if not the only LI build we have left... 

For the fire tempest nerf, do you mean the Elemental Surge change? 

I do wish there were more ele builds that weren't crazy insane to play

1 hour ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Fire-camping Tempest is still comfortably doing like 39-40k DPS on the golem. The fire wizard fantasy is not dead yet.

and so Golem tests and stack on boss fights continue to  absolutely ruin the ability for this profession to evolve properly in any other content because people get so fixated on deepeeess meters..

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

and so Golem tests and stack on boss fights continue to  absolutely ruin the ability for this profession to evolve properly in any other content because people get so fixated on deepeeess meters..

That’s funny as Ele excels everywhere else other than instanced PvE. 

And I was pointing out without Elemental Surge, the aforementioned fire Tempest build is still perfectly pulling great numbers while being a low intensity build. It’s not going to be dead because of this change.

Edited by ZephidelGRS.9520
  • Confused 1