Looks like rangers next up on the chopping block

Seeing as thief now needs a 900 range requirement to cast it's axe/pistol dual skill, I figured I'd let you guys know that ranger is next. Long range shot will soon require 1500 range requirement to cast, as well as every other longbow skill. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But anet has a very equal and smart balancing philosophy of *no double standards!*

/s

• Haha 2
  • Confused 13

On 3/2/2024 at 9:07 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Did i miss something?

I think OP is taking the thief change, where they limited recall range for hovering axe recall to the weapon range, and thinking it somehow means that AN will make longbow skills require target in range to cast? Not sure, may be getting it wrong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I think OP is taking the thief change, where they limited recall range for hovering axe recall to the weapon range, and thinking it somehow means that AN will make longbow skills require target in range to cast? Not sure, may be getting it wrong.

I thought this too but both types of skills already exist. The original post is admittedly sarcasm, but still, axes and LB don't function even remotely the same.

1 minute ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I thought this too but both types of skills already exist. The original post is admittedly sarcasm, but still, axes and LB don't function even remotely the same.

Yeah that's why my poorly conveyed confusion about what exactly made OP think that those are anyhow relevant things. ("thinking it somehow means" was supposed to convey the bit where I see no logic why OP would think so)

4 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I looked at the Patch and tried to find Pistol Changes and didnt find anything that says that Pistol skills have a minimum range now.

Sooo i was confused.

54 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I looked at the Patch and tried to find Pistol Changes and didnt find anything that says that Pistol skills have a minimum range now.

Sooo i was confused.

Because it's axe/pistol dual skill, and was stated as axe change. That being said it's not minimum range, it's range cap on how far away you can pull axes from. Because on release you could pull axes on people from effectively infinite range, through walls and other obstacles, and it was kinda borked this way.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Because it's axe/pistol dual skill, and was stated as axe change. That being said it's not minimum range, it's range cap on how far away you can pull axes from. Because on release you could pull axes on people from effectively infinite range, through walls and other obstacles, and it was kinda borked this way.

Ahh! read it as Axe OR pistol dual skills. Not Axe+Pistol dual skill. 

🙃

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281