Is there a Condi Dagger Mirage build out there?

Averax.8617

It feels like there should be but i haven't found anything that anybody has come up with, at least for open world stuff. I've been toying around with it myself since i noticed that the ambushes provide a lot of stacks of bleed and torment very very fast, and it's pretty bursty for relatively little effort. The playstyle is fun to boot.

I know there's power mirage builds out there that utilize the dagger and are mostly used for open world builds, but i feel like they don't really take advantage of the potential condition damage.

/shrug

I'm sure it's a case of "why do this when you could do virtuoso for better effect", but I'd still like to hear thoughts.

Edited by Averax.8617

There are some potential options and even some  amazing relics like Relic of Peitha but is not all comming together yet. 

The torment stacks don't reach the threshold required to out DPS main-hand axe which is the main issue. Maybe there is a hybrid 100% critical chance build out there that makes use of dagger better but not right now. 

The only reason Virtuoso can pull of this hybrid DPS build is becouse of its built in passive critical chance and even Condition duration (even if the benchmark doesn't use it) 

Maybe someone can experiment and prove me wrong but I don't see it yet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have one I use for open world and PvP, because the dazes / interrupts are amazing and you can stack up conditions quickly (I use Demon Queen relic). It has poor sustain though, so for any instanced content where you aren't really getting the benefit from constant daze / interrupt you would want to use Virtuoso instead. 

10 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

Without that 100% critical chance you are better of using Celestial Axe (for more Torment) or Celestial Virtuosos since that can reach 100% critical chance and condition duration.

The other big downside is the Dagger ambush has no AoE on impact. While something like Virtuoso relies on many AoE skills for its damage.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Without that 100% critical chance you are better of using Celestial Axe (for more Torment) or Celestial Virtuosos since that can reach 100% critical chance and condition duration.

The other big downside is the Dagger ambush has no AoE on impact. While something like Virtuoso relies on many AoE skills for its damage.

Crit is not that big of a deal for OW. You can use dagger over staff with relic of the midnight king to compensate the fury and might and have a blast.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

Crit is not that big of a deal for OW. You can use dagger over staff with relic of the midnight king to compensate the fury and might and have a blast.

Crit increases your damage a lot when you don't use Axe.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

To be honest, I was a little surprised they put damage conditions on dagger ambush in the first place. Someone might well have been thinking "people are using daggers for condis on virtuoso" while forgetting that that only works due to virtuoso traits. On a full condi build, dagger isn't bringing enough of them. At best, they wanted to add a CC that's not power-based like sword ambush, and dagger was the best opportunity in the foreseeable future to do it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

To be honest, I was a little surprised they put damage conditions on dagger ambush in the first place. Someone might well have been thinking "people are using daggers for condis on virtuoso" while forgetting that that only works due to virtuoso traits. On a full condi build, dagger isn't bringing enough of them. At best, they wanted to add a CC that's not power-based like sword ambush, and dagger was the best opportunity in the foreseeable future to do it.

I think their approach was to make it a hybrid weapon. In PvP it can do a great job at being absolutely frustrating to people who don't have projectile hate or anything while ticking Torment + Bleeding + Poison (Demon Queen) + Confusion (Ineptitude), etc etc.

I would like to see them give it a little more juice overall. Mostly on the clone-side for PvE.

Edited by Vinny.7260

On 3/6/2024 at 12:07 AM, Averax.8617 said:

It feels like there should be but i haven't found anything that anybody has come up with, at least for open world stuff. I've been toying around with it myself since i noticed that the ambushes provide a lot of stacks of bleed and torment very very fast, and it's pretty bursty for relatively little effort. The playstyle is fun to boot.

I know there's power mirage builds out there that utilize the dagger and are mostly used for open world builds, but i feel like they don't really take advantage of the potential condition damage.

/shrug

I'm sure it's a case of "why do this when you could do virtuoso for better effect", but I'd still like to hear thoughts.

You can do a celestial dagger mirage for open world too.

I am going to ask here, 

With upcoming changes in next patch does anyone think gs or sword power mirage becomes relevant in pve?  excluding open world ofc. what do those number changes mean ? 

[EDIT: Sorry .. this is of course a Open World Build ... I will leave my Rely anyway]

Sure ... there is something like this: https://guildjen.com/mirage-open-world-build/

With the Changes I could think of switching the Relic because Vigor on Evade will be added to "Desperate Decoy" so you can take something else. And of course there are the changes to the Base Damage. 

Edited by bigsi.8129