Possible bounties on Nayos?

Bounties in PoF are one of the best ways to obtain exp, so I was wondering if it's possible to implement them on Nayos, I mean, 99% of what's outside of the camp are kryptis licking Eparch's kitten, because the ones that are following turned against them as soon as we arrived, it wouldn't be strange if on the camps some bounties where there to say "Hey, this one it's a pain in the kitten, wouldn't be bad if you could, you know... Kill it".

It's a bit sad that something as good as the bounties remains encapsulated on PoF maps instead of giving it a try on some maps where the mechanic can fit. They would need to have a faster respawn than the PoF bounties since we have only 2 camps on Nayos tho.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

It was a perfect fit for EoD especially given the law enforcement theme in Kaineng and they didn't get added there either despite feedback about adding them

I’d take bounties for Nayos at this stage, although to be honest I think rifts basically fulfill the same role, with the champs having the same mechanics.

• Like 3

Bounties are another one of ANets testbaloons that got started and more or less immediately discontinued. Would be nice, but probably won't happen.
Also, Rifts basically fulfill that function for SotO.
Alsoalso, SotO maps are kinda crammed with events because the maps tell a lot of the story through events, so they wouldn't really fit anywhere now that the aps are designed and shipped.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It was a perfect fit for EoD especially given the law enforcement theme in Kaineng and they didn't get added there either despite feedback about adding them

I’d take bounties for Nayos at this stage, although to be honest I think rifts basically fulfill the same role, with the champs having the same mechanics.

Yeah, it's kinda strange that Anet refuses to listen to it's community on certain aspects.

Just now, Omega.6801 said:

Bounties are another one of ANets testbaloons that got started and more or less immediately discontinued. Would be nice, but probably won't happen.
Also, Rifts basically fulfill that function for SotO.
Alsoalso, SotO maps are kinda crammed with events because the maps tell a lot of the story through events, so they wouldn't really fit anywhere now that the aps are designed and shipped.

The idea would be implementing it on Nayos only since as you said, on the rest of the maps you already have the events that tell you the story, on Nayos we are basically like we were in Maguuma, with the difference that in Nayos not everything wants to kill us.

Also, tbh, I haven't seen anyone farming rifts. I've seen someone opening one and things like that, but when opening the squad list, most of them are doing the meta, it's not like in PoF that from time to time you see someone doing bounties.

Edited by Renegated.4132
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Renegated.4132 said:

Also, tbh, I haven't seen anyone farming rifts. I've seen someone opening one and things like that, but when opening the squad list, most of them are doing the meta, it's not like in PoF that from time to time you see someone doing bounties.

Haven't checked in a while, because I'm not going for the armor, but there usually were groups doing the weekly Rifts but I guess the farms kida died with convergences because they give way more essences. Also, lots of people had 9 months time now to farm for their armors and are now done and I can imagine they won't go near a rift for quite a while now if ever again after such a grind. Just as a side note.

Bounties would always make sense from a lore or story perspective. It's a simple narrative that can fit every setting without bending backwards. "There's this singular problematic entity somewhere out there. get it!" It gives some rewards, players can engage with the content on their own time and only very few of them have proven to be a problem, mostly legendaries. It's really baffling why ANet let them slip.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I do miss bounties and wouldn't mind seeing them come back again sometime, but with a change up to the Unstable Magic Abilities. You know, when they get the Polluter effect, or the Healing Tendrils, or the Spinning Laser, those things. Wouldn't mind seeing some new concepts there and perhaps retiring some of the old ones from newer content (no need to change the old content that uses them now).

I think the main thing that I miss about bounties that Kryptis rifts didn't cover is enemy variety. Rifts always have us facing Kryptis, but a bounty could be anything: major enemies like Forged or Awakened, pirates, harpies, choya, hydras, random other wildlife... They didn't necessarily have to fit a given map or expansion theme 100%.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

I do miss bounties and wouldn't mind seeing them come back again sometime, but with a change up to the Unstable Magic Abilities. You know, when they get the Polluter effect, or the Healing Tendrils, or the Spinning Laser, those things. Wouldn't mind seeing some new concepts there and perhaps retiring some of the old ones from newer content (no need to change the old content that uses them now).

I think the main thing that I miss about bounties that Kryptis rifts didn't cover is enemy variety. Rifts always have us facing Kryptis, but a bounty could be anything: major enemies like Forged or Awakened, pirates, harpies, choya, hydras, random other wildlife... They didn't necessarily have to fit a given map or expansion theme 100%.

Another option it's allowing players to select where do they want the exp to go, so if someone prefers farming bounties, he can choose where the exp goes instead of having it bound to the expansion masteries, as of now I have all masteries from PoF, going to the desert basically means losing exp that I could put on any other mastery.

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Renegated.4132 said:

Another option it's allowing players to select where do they want the exp to go, so if someone prefers farming bounties, he can choose where the exp goes instead of having it bound to the expansion masteries, as of now I have all masteries from PoF, going to the desert basically means losing exp that I could put on any other mastery.

Then just do rifts in soto maps?

54 minutes ago, Renegated.4132 said:

Yeah, it's kinda strange that Anet refuses to listen to it's community on certain aspects.

What do you mean "refuses to listen to its community" in this case? The overall community response to bounties wasn't as clearcut as you remember. In fact, a lot of players found them to be both underwhelming and unrewarding, and the instability mechanics (the one element Aned did carry over forward) to be extremely annoying in practical implementation.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Then just do rifts in soto maps?

Not necesarilly, if someone likes doing bounties, he'll be able to do so, if prefers rifts, he'll be able aswell, with the addition of being able to do it wherever he wants. As of now, doing bounties or rifts in Elona is losing exp if you have all the masteries.

38 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

What do you mean "refuses to listen to its community" in this case? The overall community response to bounties wasn't as clearcut as you remember. In fact, a lot of players found them to be both underwhelming and unrewarding, and the instability mechanics (the one element Aned did carry over forward) to be extremely annoying in practical implementation.

Part of the community asked for bounties in EoD due to being something that matched the new expansion (region under martial law) and instead of trying to add it and make it better, they turned the blind eye on it. They has a golden opportunity to try to fix a system that had a good base with some flaws, and instead of that they did nothing.

Edited by Renegated.4132
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Renegated.4132 said:

Not necesarilly, if someone likes doing bounties, he'll be able to do so, if prefers rifts, he'll be able aswell, with the addition of being able to do it wherever he wants. As of now, doing bounties or rifts in Elona is losing exp if you have all the masteries.

Then why are you doing rifts in elona, just do them in soto maps if you want soto xp. Doing them in other maps gives other xp because it's just an event within that map, it works like anything else in the game when it comes to getting mastery xp.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Then why are you doing rifts in elona, just do them in soto maps if you want soto xp. Doing them in other maps gives other xp because it's just an event within that map, it works like anything else in the game when it comes to getting mastery xp.

If they can add rifts arround the world they can add bounties aswell. Lorewise they fit almost everywhere.

¿Ascalon? You have ghosts, the flame legion, Zhaitan's minions...
¿The Forest? You have worms, inquest, the asura itself, nightmare court...
¿Kryta? Trolls, White Mantle, the shadows, the centaurs...
¿Shiverpeaks? Jormag's fandom, Ettin, Wild Life, more worms...

As of now almost every starting map of the vanilla game has a heavy reason to add bounties on some of the "safe spots" that the map has, the only thing ANet has to do it's a poll to ask the players what they should need to fix in order to make them viable, and AS OF NOW, it would essentially be more exp and the chance to get multiple bounties at once. Aside of that, the system works perfectly.

If they added rifts everywhere, they can do the same when it comes to bounties.

And when it comes to exp, it doesn't matter if you do it in Elona or if you do it on Nayos, exp it's exp, you will not suddenly forget how to ride your rabbit because you're on Nayos, same logic here, if your objetive it's to raise a mastery, it should not matter at all where you rise it, limit the exp to what the expansion offered at some point instead of allowing the players to enjoy the world you're creating as they please it's absurd and a waste of resources. If people enjoys doing rifts, let them do rifts, if they enjoy going full monke and doing bounties, let them do it aswell while leveling masteries.

Edited by Renegated.4132
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)

Also, something I just noticed, it has no sense at all that you can close rifts on Nayos if we take in consideration the fact that rifts are portals opened so entities from Nayos can come to the existential plane where Tyria is currently located, why TF would you open a rift to move from Nayos to Nayos? If would be more coherent having bounties on Nayos while on the other side you can farm rifts and prevent the kryptis from invading Tyria, on the attacking side you take down generals and kryptis high ranks while on the defending side you make sure the ones trying to get in are incapable of doing so.

Rifts on Nayos should be a map default event, not something you can find at random, every X time kryptis prepare to open a rift, you can either prevent it from opening or leave them open it and then fight to close it, but it has no sense that you can find them "hidden" when essentially Nayos should be their safe zone to open rifts.

Edited by Renegated.4132
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Renegated.4132 said:

Also, something I just noticed, it has no sense at all that you can close rifts on Nayos if we take in consideration the fact that rifts are portals opened so entities from Nayos can come to the existential plane where Tyria is currently located, why TF would you open a rift to move from Nayos to Nayos?

You should pay attention to the events. Rifts in Tyria are about demons entering Tyria from the rifts. Rifts in Nayons are about demons trying to leave Nayos (likely to Tyria) through the rift.

In Nayos we're closing the rifts from the other side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You should pay attention to the events. Rifts in Tyria are about demons entering Tyria from the rifts. Rifts in Nayons are about demons trying to leave Nayos (likely to Tyria) through the rift.

In Nayos we're closing the rifts from the other side.

In Nayos kryptis have no reason to hide the portals, therefore it has no logic that you need to find them with the heart, those should be a normal event on the world, not something you have to search like it happens on tyria, that they need to keep those portals hidden in order to enter. It would be more logic to put bounties and take down enemy generals rather than searching something that by lore should be happening at plain sight.

• Confused 6

1 hour ago, Renegated.4132 said:

In Nayos kryptis have no reason to hide the portals, therefore it has no logic that you need to find them with the heart, those should be a normal event on the world, not something you have to search like it happens on tyria, that they need to keep those portals hidden in order to enter. It would be more logic to put bounties and take down enemy generals rather than searching something that by lore should be happening at plain sight.

Bounties don't have a reason to spawn after you rip the piece of paper off the nearby board, so bounties shouldn't exist. Keep trying to apply rl logic to ingame mechanics, I'm sure that won't backfire on your own ideas and preferences. What actual problem do you even have here that you're trying to solve with this thread?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Bounties don't have a reason to spawn after you rip the piece of paper off the nearby board, so bounties shouldn't exist. Keep trying to apply rl logic to ingame mechanics, I'm sure that won't backfire on your own ideas and preferences. What actual problem do you even have here that you're trying to solve with this thread?

¿The fact that who knows why ArenaNet refuses to use resources that can work on the current expansions maybe? They have probably one of the best ways to keep old and new zones alive, yet they refuse to listen to their community when it comes to it. And I'm not saying it's absurd that rifts appear on Nayos, what I'm saying it's that it's absurd that they work the same way they work in Tyria when essentially they have no reason to hide, they are at their own home, it has logic that they hide the rifts while being in Tyria, since they are the invasors, they want to keep their way to cross between world hidden, but on Nayos? Why TF should they hide in their own home? It would have more sense that rifts worked like normal events that spawn at a random location every X minutes and, in exchange of not being able to search for rifts like you can do it on the rest of the world, on Nayos you can search for generals/high ranks of Eparch's army using the bounty system.

• Confused 5

23 hours ago, Renegated.4132 said:

¿The fact that who knows why ArenaNet refuses to use resources that can work on the current expansions maybe? They have probably one of the best ways to keep old and new zones alive

Isn't this literally the same role rifts fulfill? You're talking about anet trying to improve their previous concepts (like bounties), but you seem to refuse to entertain the thought that rifts are their way to improve the concept of bounties.

"they have probably one of the best ways to keep old and new zones alive" -what do you think rotating weekly rifts are?

what I'm saying it's that it's absurd that they work the same way they work in Tyria

But they don't and it was already explained by Astralporing.

what I'm saying it's that it's absurd that they work the same way they work in Tyria when essentially they have no reason to hide, they are at their own home, it has logic that they hide the rifts while being in Tyria, since they are the invasors, they want to keep their way to cross between world hidden, but on Nayos? Why TF should they hide in their own home? It would have more sense that rifts worked like normal events that spawn at a random location every X minutes and, in exchange of not being able to search for rifts like you can do it on the rest of the world, on Nayos you can search for generals/high ranks of Eparch's army using the bounty system.

And similarly I'm saying it's absurd taking a piece of paper from the board makes that bounty spawn for a set time. That's not an issue for you because what exactly?
Want a (made up, because there might be an actual reason for it, but I can't be bothered with it tbh 😄 ) reason for why rifts are invisible in nayos? Well, maybe it's their inherent property that they're invisible to us. Or maybe the goal is to have them hidden in tyria, but since they're the same connected tear in fabric of reality, the entrance keeps the properties of the exit. Make your pick and there's your reasoning for the invisible nayos rifts. So, now what's your issue to solve here?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1