runes of scholar

I understand how to apply a rune to armor, that wasn't the question, If you click or examine the rune you will see it has 6 levels of power? or increase stats, but only the first level or stat is filled in or highlighted. how to fill in or apply the rest of these stats?

5 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

I understand how to apply a rune to armor, that wasn't the question, If you click or examine the rune you will see it has 6 levels of power? or increase stats, but only the first level or stat is filled in or highlighted. how to fill in or apply the rest of these stats?

All six will auto-highlight when you have all six runes equipped in the six pieces of armor you're wearing.

Edited by RoseofGilead.8907
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

I understand how to apply a rune to armor, that wasn't the question [...]

Yes, it was, and this is how ir works:

• You equip only 1/6 Runes, you only get the first bonus
  • You equip 2/6 Runes, you get the first and second bonus
  • . . .
  • You equip all 6/6 Runes, you receive all six bonuses
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

It's like armor set bonuses in, say, Diablo or WoW. You have to be wearing more pieces to get the additional effects. It sounds like you slotted one rune into one piece of armor. Now slot more runes into your other armor pieces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes, it was, and this is how ir works:

• You equip only 1/6 Runes, you only get the first bonus
  • You equip 2/6 Runes, you get the first and second bonus
  • . . .
  • You equip all 6/6 Runes, you receive all six bonuses

I tried to do that but before i accept to finalize it, It state will destroy the already one installed, so i canceled out.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

I tried to do that but before i accept to finalize it, It state will destroy the already one installed, so i canceled out.

You have to have 1 in helm 1 in shoulders 1 in chest 1 in gloves 1 in legs and last 1 in boots.

You cant slot them all into the same armor piece.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

You have to have 1 in helm 1 in shoulders 1 in chest 1 in gloves 1 in legs and last one in boots.

Oh let me try that see if it chages the posted highlighted level

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

You have to have 1 in helm 1 in shoulders 1 in chest 1 in gloves 1 in legs and last one in boots.

Sir you are right Thanks!!! :)

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I thought it would stay the same for each piece of armor!

• Confused 1

Just now, Mechtec.3827 said:

I thought it would stay the same for each piece of armor!

Glad to help it is what the other posters tried to tell you, they just glanced over the details they thought was obvious to everyone.

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Glad to help it is what the other posters tried to tell you, they just glanced over the details they thought was obvious to everyone.

I am the type you have to slap me on the side of head!  plus 70yrs old don't help!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

You can only have one Rune per armor piece. If you don't want to destroy the old Rune in a piece of armor, you need to extract it before putting the new Rune in:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upgrade_Extractor

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

You can also bring up the wiki from in-game. Put your cursor in the chat bot and type /wiki SearchTerm then hit ENTER and it will open your browser to that thing's page. This question, for example, could have been answered like so:

/wiki rune

Spell whatever you're searching for exactly like you see it in-game, and you should get the correct page which answers a lot of this sort of question. Capitalization doesn't matter, only spelling.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 11:48 AM, Mechtec.3827 said:

Just brought 6 runes of scholar for my armor,

Technically you need a 7th rune to always keep the 6-rune bonus.  When you go under water your helm (and it’s rune) gets replaced with the Aqua breather (and the rune in it). 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1