hammer vindi is the most broken kitten ive ever seen

10 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Right sorry. Hammer has 50% proj block uptime, on top of doing ~6k damage and giving aegis. So combined with GS its more like 60-70% block uptime vs proj.

hammer projectile field, if you get up close in the face and spam projectiles it doesn't work anymore. Or hit revenant in the back if you teleport/abilties that work like that. Because projectile field is only upfront. Or force me in another weapon then hammer by switching weapons yourself to make the projectile field useless. You can also start the fight to make me instant switch from hammer to greatsword for example and now projectile field is not used anymore for that time.

I gave you now answers to counter it, going up close and more.

And I am happy to give some answers to counter it like you see, because most don't know it. And I also would like next time a little more challenge hehe

BUT now my question is, why do you have a 100% projectile build for arena? Because other builds that have projectile reflects are much worse then projectile denial

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

hammer projectile field, if you get up close in the face and spam projectiles it doesn't work anymore. Or hit revenant in the back if you teleport/abilties that work like that. Because projectile field is only upfront. Or force me in another weapon then hammer by switching weapons yourself to make the projectile field useless. You can also start the fight to make me instant switch from hammer to greatsword for example and now projectile field is not used anymore for that time.

And I am happy to give some answers to counter it like you see, because most don't know it. And I also would like next time a little more challenge hehe

BUT now my question is, why do you have a 100% projectile build for arena? Because other builds that have projectile reflects are much worse then projectile denial

I guess you wouldnt be against ele swirling winds having an 8s cooldown then? Because you can just not use projectiles against it, and point blank proj sometimes bug and hit you anyways. And we could give it 6k damage too because its fine on rev.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I guess you wouldnt be against ele swirling winds having an 8s cooldown then? Because you can just not use projectiles against it, and point blank proj sometimes bug and hit you anyways. And we could give it 6k damage too because its fine on rev.

Look, there is now a difference you aren't getting between swirling winds/hammer projectile denial. Swirling winds is 360 large radius and can easy even protect allies. Hammer has only frontal and if you're close enough you can still hit with projectiles and behind too. Swirling winds can better protect allies/yourself at the same time.

Also bad reasoning that I would spam my projectiles deliberatly against projectile denial, i just used the few that aren't and then I switch to greatsword. Because I am not going to sit like a duck waiting till projectile denial is over, that's a waste of time. And you should have countered like that too with no projectile weapon instead of sitting like a duck, why am I doing no damage

And unless you  suggest swirling winds becomes like hammer projectile denial small frontal field and not big aoe denial, then I guess you get the ele community against you.

On the other node, you compare 1 thing against this, ele has multiple projectile denials and reflections + they can give it allies. ele projectile denial/reflection + what they give to allies is in some ways even better because projectile reflection > projectile denial.

Ps. I don't want projectile reflection on revenant, just to get that straight.

And that 6k hit is a projectile, it can be denied/reflected too.

I give you advice and explaining how to counter it and you still can't see it. You really prefere to complain then improve after advice and just ignoring/talking over it. I am happy to see you again in arena 😘

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Oh kitten Flowki is defending telegraphed play?

I'm in

Lets go

Telegraphing should scale with damage, but on the other hand I see no excuse for any ability doing over 6k in 1 hit, but there are many, and some doing double that.

CC doesnt exactly need telegraphing, but the problem is the shear amount of CC (soft/hard) along with eye watering power damage/condi bombs. Gw2 is a fking mess of a game. There are builds now that are doing it all, decent mobility, decent sustain, decent damage, decent CC, decent boon access <the demi-god era> 

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I finally saw hammer vindi in the mists

That kit is wild rev is so goddamn goofy 💀

I don't think it needs nerfing YET but unless I'm stupid and just haven't figured out the matchup yet, I can see a case being made if more people learn how to play it. Hopefully the balance is targeted and just adjusts the dodge window for vindi instead of making hammer even more clunky.

Id rather it just be [this works because its so silly nobody expects it] though. 

They can keep an anti projectile wall up for what seems like 25% of the time, in addition to their other slew of blocks and evasions BUT so can virtuoso they’re both pretty obnoxious. Paradoxyglanis is still a 🐛 in a 🐦 🪺, this doesn’t change that fact.

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Just about every ele spec has access to projectile denial and immunes, its border line ironic for you to complain about hammer vindi projectile denial/dmg when you have similar denial, and pheonix 8-12k crits, which is not massively broadcast either. Tempest of all is complete projectile shutdown, even on dps builds. To reach that level of projectile denial on rev you have to play vent dome, which eats energy, and does not work well with dps power builds. Go and play it, you will also realise how cumbersome it is to do damage with. The damage co's are high, but again, hammer/gs-5 are highly broadcast, its a lot more reliable to land burst as ele when the enemy know how eaither spec works. Dragontooth is easily dodged, but pheonix/trident are not near as obvious unless at high range 1v1, and both do heavy multi target dmg. You also have superspeed-swiftness nion on demand with FA, rev does not have that, but makes up in other ways, such as more dodge/evade. What would you rather have? I sure as hell miss superspeed on demand when playing rev, so easily took for granted.

Power rev is quite different to ele mechanically, but they are both quite similar in terms of effort and punishment for mistakes, and both can't attack while immune/blocking (like so many other specs can) youre shitting on the wrong class becuase you don't know how 1 weapon works.

52 minutes ago, JosephKatz.9375 said:

They can keep an anti projectile wall up for what seems like 25% of the time, in addition to their other slew of blocks and evasions BUT so can virtuoso they’re both pretty obnoxious. Paradoxyglanis is still a 🐛 in a 🐦 🪺, this doesn’t change that fact.

You would be more correct to compare hammer vindi with holo, is holo a problem?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Dont mention holo around him lol. He thinks core engi is op.

Maybe not, but on the other hand the most fun duels ive ever had were against core engis. I also liked fighting holos around g3/p1 level, holos above that are pure god mode, its no longe fun when you have 0 chance.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

Had to jump in here, some pretty poor logic coming from the defenders of high projectile hate uptime etc.

7 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Let's break down your counters argument:

1) Move into melee. The point of ranged projectiles is to use them at range. Many ranged weapons have defensive deficits for this reason relative to melee weapons. Simply by dragging you into melee range the Rev gains an advantage either way. If not, the Rev can move too. They're not some immovable object we dictate distance to. Just as you can tell someone to "get up close" to counter, I can tell the Rev "don't let them get up close" / "always face them".

2) Force the Rev to use another weapon by switching weapons yourself. I play Engineer, a class with lots of projectiles and no weapon swap. Kits are generally weaker than standard weapons and would lose in a melee trade with Rev. So there's one glaring flaw in this strategy. I also imagine elements of this carry over to other classes. Weapon swaps aren't always available and the Rev can play around that, just like you can play around theirs. Most builds don't perform as well in melee as they do at range etc.

For such terribly thought out counter strategies, you follow up with this. Kind of funny.

7 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Then there's this:

3 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Just about every ele spec has access to projectile denial and immunes, its border line ironic for you to complain about hammer vindi projectile denial/dmg when you have similar denial, and pheonix 8-12k crits, which is not massively broadcast either.

It should be clear to everyone that one excessive thing does not justify another.

3 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Power rev is quite different to ele mechanically, but they are both quite similar in terms of effort and punishment for mistakes, and both can't attack while immune/blocking (like so many other specs can) youre shitting on the wrong class becuase you don't know how 1 weapon works.

Aren't we talking about power hammer rev having 50% uptime on projectile block while being able to attack? Is that not how the weapon works? What about 2x arcane shields? Swirling winds? Mag auras? Are these not blocking (or also reflecting) while being able to attack?

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

12 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Remember when warrior reckless dodge was doing 5k damage before the major damage nerfs? Remember how outrageous that was and how many people cried for nerfs? Well vindi death drop is still doing 5k damage post damage nerfs in addition to being a mechanically far more powerful dodge.

That was also unblockable. Big difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Had to jump in here, some pretty poor logic coming from the defenders of high projectile hate uptime etc.

Let's break down your counters argument:

1) Move into melee. The point of ranged projectiles is to use them at range. Many ranged weapons have defensive deficits for this reason relative to melee weapons. Simply by dragging you into melee range the Rev gains an advantage either way. If not, the Rev can move too. They're not some immovable object we dictate distance to. Just as you can tell someone to "get up close" to counter, I can tell the Rev "don't let them get up close" / "always face them".

2) Force the Rev to use another weapon by switching weapons yourself. I play Engineer, a class with lots of projectiles and no weapon swap. Kits are generally weaker than standard weapons and would lose in a melee trade with Rev. So there's one glaring flaw in this strategy. I also imagine elements of this carry over to other classes. Weapon swaps aren't always available and the Rev can play around that, just like you can play around theirs. Most builds don't perform as well in melee as they do at range etc.

For such terribly thought out counter strategies, you follow up with this. Kind of funny.

You have many different situations and many different solutions for them.

It's all about trading blows/responding on each other.

I could say, you should respond like that, but I can also say ontop of that I would then react like that and he should then react like that. And so we can keep going. So I gave some basics on it, which was to make it simple for different situations. For example, you aren't always that far away with ranged weapons for the other person to teleport/leap ot such on you to get up close.

Also, why are you even comparing engineer kits with weapons and in comparison to revenant. That isn't some equal comparison,  because if you play engineer you should know it.

In a fight things always can go little different then you expected as you practiced, that's normal. But still the best way is to hold to some principles fighting something, seems obvious to me...

And AGAIN, why does he plays full/almost full projectile build in arena. The moment you face projectile denial and supports with a lot, it becomes terrible too... . It gives little room to counter then yes, but don't come on forum because that's a risk if you do such things.

1 hint for you too, play against it and try what I said, you will see what I meant

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

That was also unblockable. Big difference.

And a minor trait vs the main gimick of an espec + grandmaster trait. Also 5k death drops are abnormal; I would advise putting on armor if you are being hit by the regularly as my full glass vindi needs to prestack significant vuln or have a teammate give significant amounts of might to get death drops in the 4k range.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1