Ranger and war are currently completly op.

8 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

We need to remember that not every class is made for 1v1 excellence and holding/bunkering nodes like duelists are. Each spec fulfills a certain role in the match, whether it be sidenoder/roamer/support/ bruiser/ or damage.

Sidenoders are made to be difficult to kill in a 1v1, and to kill others in duels on their node. Their job is literally to hold a side node while the team fight exists elsewhere. So if a roamer like a willy shows up against a good spellbreaker or druid sidenoder/bruiser, you should be expecting to not cap that node without some help or kiting.

While other roles can somewhat duel and hold their own for a while, they can not and should not be expected to maintain momentum enough to kill a good sidenoder. Against other roles? Sure. Sidenoders? No. 

These are not my words. They had a video on this:

That all being said, I think spellbreaker f1 staff hits a bit too hard. And Druid sustain is a bit too high.

The issue isn’t that it’s a sidenoder, the issue is that it has too much sustain. Even when plussed. A good staff spellbreaker can simply 1v2 for way too long. It also doesn’t lose to druid which is the only other overturned sidenode spec. 

But these are the kinds of replies we expect from spellbreaker players such as yourself. I’m happy you’re enjoying your new toy, but it’s overturned.

• Like 2

Ranger is fine, nothing too OP about it compared to others same with thief

Warr is well, laughable, often it needs 3 people to lock it down and kill it, but even then it can just run away

Ele is OP still, the amount of protection and damage reduction you stack is insane, not even talking about the projectile immunity especially in this idiotic meta where FBs are running around spamming bubbles everywhere

Rev is more or less still good, has some OP aspects to it but not enough to be considered as OP

Engies I rarely see compared to others Holo is actually really good rn but nothing OP about it, Scrapper is good the next best after Ele and Gua I think(holo too)

Mesmer xD I have yet to meet someone who actually plays mesmer and can prove me that it is anything above low-tier meme, whole class is a pain to play, all of it's specs

Gua is well, the best class in PvP as of now, all of it's specs are viable even the core which cannot be said about any other class

Reaper is also good, Condi Reaper especially but has limited movement but atleast makes up for it with being able to apply a lot of condies from range, and also the amount of CC is nice on it

This current meta is everything but balanced, not sure what the balance team is doing, but surely not even thinking what they are changing, at a time where you have eles running around with permanent protection/projectile reflect and just being able to permanently stunlock and 100-0 people in a second, warriors needed to be 1v5d, and guardians hitting for >7k with one skill from the other side of the map combined with all the blocks possible in the game, that's not what we call balance

Balance is when you make a choice between sustain and damage, not that you have everything on every build and then even continue to get buffs because "XY spec isn't braindead enough yet"

I know that in the streams they are saying that the balance team actually plays the game and all those lies, but looking at the patch notes I just doubt it, maybe they do play meta events and T1 fractals but surely nothing higher, and neither PvP even if they do PvP they are the casual kind of with unbinded dodge, which would explain why they are putting all the defense skills on certain classes so even they can survive on it, I just cannot see why some classes are being thrown over the top and other's are just struggling to even stay on the chart

But well, it's a PvE game after all, and atleast in PvE things are somewhat balanced

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

@Nepster.4275 wait..... you just say yourself that every class now grant something good. And the result of it is that its not balanced? xD.

Gonna say. The current game is absolutely in a good state. Like every class now grant at least 1 build that could see easy Play in the current meta without struggle too mutch.

What peops do not seem to understand is that Builds are made for roles. So they think "this is OP cause i can not kill it 1v1" while playing a build that is by no means done for 1v1 or side noding. 

For example staff Warrior. I get that its hard to kill in 1v1s. But it is by no means unkillable. (Now you could say "you are a Warrior Main all Warriors would saying this". While this is true. Im also not even Played Warrior for half of this season. You simply need to know how this Specs self defence mechanics work and Play around it. Everything else is just a l2p issue xd

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Nepster.4275 wait..... you just say yourself that every class now grant something good. And the result of it is that its not balanced? xD.

Gonna say. The current game is absolutely in a good state. Like every class now grant at least 1 build that could see easy Play in the current meta without struggle too mutch.

What peops do not seem to understand is that Builds are made for roles. So they think "this is OP cause i can not kill it 1v1" while playing a build that is by no means done for 1v1 or side noding. 

For example staff Warrior. I get that its hard to kill in 1v1s. But it is by no means unkillable. (Now you could say "you are a Warrior Main all Warriors would saying this". While this is true. Im also not even Played Warrior for half of this season. You simply need to know how this Specs self defence mechanics work and Play around it. Everything else is just a l2p issue xd

No, what I am saying is that some classes are too good compared to others

It's a thing that one class brings a certain thing on the table, but it's another thing when one class can basically fill all the roles

What I mean is yea, warrior is not unkillable but when you need the DPS and the sidenoder and maybe even someone else to bring it down, it's too much of a benefit to pull 3 people away from other points

Ele is basically able to fill the sidenoder AND also the DPS role since it's close to if not the best 1v1-er while it's DPS is just too high, if you play condi tempest then you are most likely can even fill the support role to some degree

And even if one class is outside of a given scope of "balance" it's no longer balanced since taking certain classes into games gives you a higher benefit than taking something else, for example elementalist or well, some builds I met are rather immune to every counterplay since you cannot kill it from range with power due to the projectile immunity, you can't kill it from range with condies due to the amount of cleanses it has, in close combat it has auras and protection, and when it chooses to can simply walk away while healing for a ton, or just turns around CCs and 100-0 if you chase, the only counterplay is ganking

The same with a warrior, it's just simply too tanky for most DPS builds and does too much damage into people by CC chaining them

The problem is not that what builds bring to the table, but that how much impact that something has on the game

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/12/2024 at 4:40 PM, Flowki.7194 said:

I remember when I said ele at top of meta was the best thing for the game, becuase the specs were hard and punishing enough that any random couldnt just get on them and deny area. But now here we are.. specs that punish so little, the average player requirs a 2v1 to kill <30 seconds. You fkers deserve this meta 😜 

which ele, tempest and cata? 'cause they're def not hard to play

• Confused 1

On 3/15/2024 at 6:55 PM, Zuda.4850 said:

Absolutely agree. You need to outnumber the staff spellbreaker to have a chance, and it still survives for too long. I thought that Druid was bad but manageable. Staff warrior is even harder to kill

Only way to do it is play an extremely high damage build and pray your teammates aren't monkeys. I personally use SLB and it still takes like two cycles of CDs with the help of team to kill. 

On 3/13/2024 at 8:31 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

When people wake up and decide they miss power zerker tearing people to bits with axes, I'll ... well let's face it I'll probably be gone but I'll be here in spirit and with a welcome home flag.

My body surrenders, but my spirit... will not!

On 3/15/2024 at 8:34 PM, Last Crab.6054 said:

the free daze on pet swap needs to go, and remove the staff daze swap too

There is no daze on pet swap my dude:

Lesser Call of the Wild - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Staff Daze swap hasn't been a thing in over a year:

Primal Echoes - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

You're thinking of Blood Moon that dazes you on CA entry, and if you can't handle a 1s daze every 20s...lol

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Compared to what? You are also the same guy saying power rev is easy, compared to what?

core engi (except old flamethrower)? weaver (except fa)? old herald? 

tempest skill ceiling is probly the lowest between all specs. 

the fact that cata/tempest are harder than staff warrior doesn't mean he's hard at all lol

Edit:

Before we start a senseless argument, let me start saying that difficulty depends on the players. For ME, I wasn't even able to play daredevil, any kind of them, (probly mostly due to I play using action camera). Years ago when I was a meta-slave I enjoyed Sword Weaver. I agree that Ele (Weaver and core overall) deserves more love as for reward/riks playstyle. But we cannot wrap Tempest with them 'cause tempest is a bunker machine of spamming auras/conditions without much effort. that's all. Probly Sword Weaver and 4 kits core engi has been the most button smashers classes that I've ever tried in both, PvP & PvE (and still can't play daredevil tho)

I don't like this kind of argues. But If you ask weaver or core buffs I'm with you. Nothing agaisnt ele itself, cheers

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Warriors being the underdog so much, having to fight all the BS of other classes, that the moment they get an actual good toy to play with, they Wrack hours. 

As usual. Also, nerf to see grandma underground when? She made cookies. 

woe is me those poor warriors only ranging somewhere between good to overpowered since the defense rework

it's so rough being one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

woe is me those poor warriors only ranging somewhere between good to overpowered since the defense rework

it's so rough being one

I know! Right? 

All these poor souls getting clapped by a dude swinging a stick around. 

One that doesn't even synergy much with defense or Spellbreaker. Only having one hard cc on it. 

By design. I mean, why else would the Primal Burst have Immob on it instead of Daze? 

Could you imagine that? 

The salt mountain would turn into mount everest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I know! Right? 

All these poor souls getting clapped by a dude swinging a stick around. 

One that doesn't even synergy much with defense or Spellbreaker. Only having one hard cc on it. 

By design. I mean, why else would the Primal Burst have Immob on it instead of Daze? 

Could you imagine that? 

The salt mountain would turn into mount everest. 

One hard CC with a large range on your defensive/support weapon? You poor thing!

• Like 1

Warriors actually have no real rights to say their class is Bad. Imo i still would enjoy to play it with dmg in mind and not just self sustain...... In the end im gonna complain more around "i can not play with more dmg cause the meant Power dmg weapons dont do enough dmg for it" than just "my class is bad rn" xd.

All this been said..... it also is not OP as some guys would say. Warrior got realy many self sustain yes. But there are also classes around (Just like holo or Soulbeast or Power Chrono) that could actually dmg it from 100% to 0% in around 3 Seconds If you don't have enough stunbrakes or dodge its burst right. So beeing tanky is not just an OP thing its more Just a general Warrior thing cause you know? Its forced into melee fights xd. In the end there are more than enough Builds that could good played Counter warrior with ez ^^

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

Warriors actually have no real rights to say their class is Bad. Imo i still would enjoy to play it with dmg in mind and not just self sustain...... In the end im gonna complain more around "i can not play with more dmg cause the meant Power dmg weapons dont do enough dmg for it" than just "my class is bad rn" xd.

All this been said..... it also is not OP as some guys would say. Warrior got realy many self sustain yes. But there are also classes around (Just like holo or Soulbeast or Power Chrono) that could actually dmg it from 100% to 0% in around 3 Seconds If you don't have enough stunbrakes or dodge its burst right. So beeing tanky is not just an OP thing its more Just a general Warrior thing cause you know? Its forced into melee fights xd. In the end there are more than enough Builds that could good played Counter warrior with ez ^^

Yeah no, a competent staff spellbreaker isn’t getting 100-0 by a soulbeast or holo. In addition to staff’s denfensives, you have stun breaks and a dodge key. The argument “they can die if they’re bad!” Is never valid because you can lose to anything if you’re bad enough.

Edited by Zuda.4850
  • Like 2

@Zuda.4850 well we could argue with "but a competent Play would not do X" like endless. Like i could also say "but a competent soulbeast or holo would not spam his hard hitting skills mindless in the blocks and stuff of the Spellbraker". In the end its just a skilled Match up even while the Spellbraker got the upper hand cause he could made his job better by simply staying and Fighting on a caped/decaped Point. 

Could the holo kill the Spellbraker? Yes of course. Could the Spellbraker also kill the holo? Yes also that is possible. 

As you see its just more like a "who is in the better scenario" than just "what build is better overall". 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

But there are also classes around (Just like holo or Soulbeast or Power Chrono) that could actually dmg it from 100% to 0% in around 3 Seconds If you don't have enough stunbrakes or dodge its burst right.

literally everybody does
that's what those builds do, lol

2 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Shagie.7612 exactly ^^ some builds are made for Roaming/Burst and some are made for take dmg and defend nodes^^

Right, but your defense is "it's not OP because it dies to builds that explode everything"
That's not a counterargument. That happens to everyone. It's a completely meaningless way to determine balance at that point.
Something would be very wrong if you weren't subjected to those guaranteed deaths.