Thief traps

Blind.4162

With the introduction of relics, the stealth and super speed of the trapper runes are no more. Can thief get rid of those annoying, asinine preparation skills and get our traps back? The trapper runes is the reason why thief lost traps.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I agree, I much preferred the old traps. "Set and forget" sure beats "set and watch to trigger!"

I have to disagree. I use the portal often. I set the Pitfall trap beforehand and wait for a CC bar before I activate it (and have it cool down before the next one specifically because I placed it earlier). Heck, I even used the condi trap once to remotely destroy the lamp on Qadim once.

I understand that it's a bit of an annoyance for most day to day stuff, but manual activation has it's fair share of perks too.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Poki.8235 said:

I have to disagree. I use the portal often. I set the Pitfall trap beforehand and wait for a CC bar before I activate it (and have it cool down before the next one specifically because I placed it earlier). Heck, I even used the condi trap once to remotely destroy the lamp on Qadim once.

I understand that it's a bit of an annoyance for most day to day stuff, but manual activation has it's fair share of perks too.

It may well do. How about the arming time. Do you *need* the arbitrary arming time?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

That 3 seconds before trap can be triggered makes them situational, which means (for PvE) they're useless against everything weaker than champions.

It's almost bad as Chronomancer's wells, because everything is going to die or walk off before final pulse.