I guess unless people start making a lot of noise, this won't ever change!

Asra.8746

It's been almost 7 years and this is still a 60s cd passive trait. At least it's not 300s, right? 🤡

Just goes to show how well aware and in-tune the balance team is with thief problems and issues.

Extra meme: guess what traitline it's in.

EDIT: For the less aware, as some below correctly identified, I am indeed talking about this trait.

Edited by Asra.8746
Clarification
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Wishful thinking to expect it to be changed any time soon considering it's in the Trickery traitline.

Most long-time thief veterans know that the balance team is pretty clueless when it comes to thief; you don't need to look far. Just look at the balance patch this week - they once again increased initiative costs.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burst_of_Agility

Yeah, it's a silly trait.

It would be nice if thief had a reliable source of self quickness in our traits without DE. Burst of Agility doesn't really even need the stun break. If it was a low cooldown quickness on flanking attack it would be a competitive trait with Thrill of the Crime. Depending on the cooldown it could be best in slot.

At the very least they should match the cooldown with the current Haste cooldown.

What even is this threat about? xD i don't get it xd.

Thing with Thief is its realy hard to Balance good. Cause if you grant it actually realy hard hitting skills in its current state so it could win 1v1s on demant it will be like instantly broken cause of how mobile and also right played untouchable the class itself is. 

I think overall its current state is the best you can get out off it...... Well at least deadeye which is allready realy incredible good in right hands ^^

Edited by Myror.7521

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

What even is this threat about? xD i don't get it xd.

Thing with Thief is its realy hard to Balance good. Cause if you grant it actually realy hard hitting skills in its current state so it could win 1v1s on demant it will be like instantly broken cause of how mobile and also right played untouchable the class itself is. 

I think overall its current state is the best you can get out off it...... Well at least deadeye which is allready realy incredible good in right hands ^^

I get what you're saying, and I've said myself that a spec should have at best meta damage, mobility or sustain, a combo of two of these but not all three in one build. This argument would have held more weight before willbender and basically all the EoD specs were a thing though. Now that virtually any class seems to have mobility comparable to base thief while retaining their classes' sustain and damage, thief players are starting to wonder why we can't have better damage and sustain too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 i mean....  in my eyes the perfect profession to get a Power build with good self sustain, some Mobility, good dmg would be specter........ but for some reason Anet want it to be straight up played as conditions build. Rn specter is sadly too glassy.

It's too glassy for the present state of the game, for sure. In HoT daredevil was considered unplayable in sPvP on release (I remember people saying reroll or they'll go AFK for that match, it was genuinely that bad) but by the time PoF was released it was considered one of the strongest builds in the meta. Nothing changed with daredevil in this time, in fact it was repeatedly nerfed, but when every other elite spec was nerfed to the same level daredevil found it's place again.

At present we have not one expac but two expac's worth of power creep that hasn't been balanced down yet. There's a good chance that specter would be in the right place if the rest of the specs weren't still doing crazy stuff, but at the moment it feels weak because of that. We also have been balanced around one build (D/P daredevil) for so many years that most other options on thief are borderline unplayable. Basically one of two things needs to happen: Either bring all specs down to the old baseline, or accept that this present level is the new baseline and bring thief up in line with it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Asur.9178 said:

Wishful thinking to expect it to be changed any time soon considering it's in the Trickery traitline.

Most long-time thief veterans know that the balance team is pretty clueless when it comes to thief; you don't need to look far. Just look at the balance patch this week - they once again increased initiative costs.

every balance patch is like, Increased x dmg or whatever to be more used in raids or whatever.

but thief not being used in anything beside sPvP (even there it doesnt shine anymore) nothing is being done about it. i miss my good old thief when u could almost 1 bang people in WvW if not 1 bang but the down side was u get 1 banged aswell by anything with a bit of dmg.

nowadays every class in game ports all over the place does ton of more dmg has invuls or blocks poops tons of boons and there we have thief 😄 doing nothing

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

held more weight before willbender and basically all the EoD specs were a thing though. Now that virtually any class seems to have mobility comparable to base thief while retaining their classes' sustain and damage, thief players are starting to wonder why we can't have better damage and sustain too

I can give you the answer easy in all honesty.

Stealth. It’s that simple,  a willbender you will always see coming, put that same damage on something that is invisible and you start seeing one shots occurring too fast for player reaction. And that’s just simply put

willbender doesn’t stealth 

regardless of believe it’s the realistic truth, Anet put a lot of power in stealth, so it’s considered a large balancing factor. 

Edited by Puck.3697
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Puck.3697 said:

I can give you the answer easy in all honesty.

Stealth. It’s that simple,  a willbender you will always see coming, put that same damage on something that is invisible and you start seeing one shots occurring too fast for player reaction. And that’s just simply put

willbender doesn’t stealth 

regardless of believe it’s the realistic truth, Anet put a lot of power in stealth, so it’s considered a large balancing factor. 

See, I don't like this argument because while it's true thief is the stealth archetype, it's not the only class that has stealth. Ranger, engi and mesmer all have stealth, they have decent mobility, decent tankiness when built for it and critically they can all build to one shot people with much higher damage than thief cranks out these days. So what's the difference? 

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If they get rid of Stealth, I don't mind Thief getting better sustain.

Frankly I don't have a problem with this either. 

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

See, I don't like this argument because while it's true thief is the stealth archetype, it's not the only class that has stealth. Ranger, engi and mesmer all have stealth, they have decent mobility, decent tankiness when built for it and critically they can all build to one shot people with much higher damage than thief cranks out these days. So what's the difference? 

I was simply stating why anet balance it this way not if i do or dont agree with it.

Also, if you want a answer to above, None of those classes come close to thief access to stealth realistically, Also because their restricted in access Tanky builds DOnt have access to stealth, its generally the glass cannon builds which have access to these things and theyre generally squishy glass cannon builds to match, Thief has no way to trade off its stealth due to how engrained it is into ALOT of thieves kit. 

Thiefs issue is it lacks flexibility because of that simple reason, Because they decided to implement stealth into almost every elite barring Spectre. where these other classes can simply Play multiple roles because it isnt engrained. 

Edited by Puck.3697
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Puck.3697 said:

I was simply stating why anet balance it this way not if i do or dont agree with it.

Also, if you want a answer to above, None of those classes come close to thief access to stealth realistically, Also because their restricted in access Tanky builds DOnt have access to stealth, its generally the glass cannon builds which have access to these things and theyre generally squishy glass cannon builds to match, Thief has no way to trade off its stealth due to how engrained it is into ALOT of thieves kit. 

Thiefs issue is it lacks flexibility because of that simple reason, Because they decided to implement stealth into almost every elite barring Spectre. where these other classes can simply Play multiple roles because it isnt engrained. 

instead of stealth, make shadow arts and all other would be-access stealth access just give evasion during the normal durations of stealth, then give stealth attacks as flipovers when we get stealth (in this case evasions) sort of how mirage cloak works with evasion. there would have to be heavy buffs and changes to help sustain builds but also give benefits of "while in stealth" to "after or during evasions (not dodges)" effects instead. this would stop the stealthing crap, give survivability this way but also open the door to more acrobatic trait lines.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 6:30 AM, Myror.7521 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 i mean....  in my eyes the perfect profession to get a Power build with good self sustain, some Mobility, good dmg would be specter........ but for some reason Anet want it to be straight up played as conditions build. Rn specter is sadly too glassy.

Actually, the perfect profession is this one...thanks to this.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:52 PM, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Frankly I don't have a problem with this either. 

The difference is that they decided to make a traitline and some other traits in other traitlines specifically dedicated to stealth gameplay for thief; only to turn around and use that as an excuse to pigeonhole/holdback the class.

EDIT: Giga meme: ANet's balance team still sees nothing wrong with giving necros perma quickness in the year 2024.

Edited by Asra.8746
  • Confused 1