Best way to get exotic jewelry?

Hello! I only have 2.5g and not much unlocked. Returning player who had his last set crafted by a friend at the time, but I'm looking to switch from Berserker gear to Celestial. Is there an easier way to get a set of exotic jewelry than WvW? I'm not nearly comfortable enough with my character's skills to jump into PvP. Planning to get bladed armor boxes from HoT but cannot do the same for jewelry (I only have a chunk of the base game, and most of HoT explored).

Or if anyone is willing to craft me some, I can pay, but I can't pay much lol.

I've just sent you an amulet in Celestial. No payment required, although if you feel the need - you can send 5 ectos and 125 quartz at your leisure for the crafting. I'm not bothered though. Quite happy to gift it

I'll be honest, you might want to look at ascended for those stats. You can get them surprisingly quickly through laurels (which you might have from your early days), guild commendations, fractals, wvw etc.

You can also always get some cheap exotic jewellery of a basic stat from somewhere like Orr in exchange for karma whilst you work towards what you want

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

@Randulf.7614 Thanks so much! I don't know if I have any of those mats, but if I do I'll send them your way.

Ascended is the goal, but I want off my Berserker gear asap so I can play my build the way I intend. I have 17 laurels lol. New-ish account.

@XSevSpreeX.2143 I believe I have LW1, as well as Episode 5 of LW4 for some reason. Haven't done any of it yet, but intend to start that tomorrow.

Edited by Krieger.1238

4 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Also... Try to finish some wizard vault objectives and get the ascended Armor and weapon boxes... Think it's 600 astral acclaim

3x armor boxes that cost 400 AA each and I believe 1x weapon box for 600.

OP, on the topic of ascended trinkets, pay attention to the "unique" factor of many of them, meaning you can only have one of that named trinket equipped. This is noticeable at laurel merchants how every ring/accessory has 2 options for the same stats, but it's also important when using LW map vendors to gear as you'll notice many sell only 1 accessory/ring, so you'll have to acquire a second accessory/ring through other means (laurel merchant, loot, a different LW map vendor, etc.).

• Like 3

If you are short on cash then Silvester in game hours is 20g/h and it could be fun, and even inperfect build/gear will be fine.

For 20g, you can TP some gear. Especially berzerker. Celestial not present on TP, so condi type need some spread combo of Carrion and greving. But it will work too.

Backpack from WvW is very useful, as backpacks are generally hard to get.

Ascended:

Rings - if you can get celestial/berzerker from Fractal BUY bot that is great, 10 pristine relicts doing 1-19 is easiest. And you even get more gold in the rocess.

Amulet - if you can use celestial/berzerker from lauren merchant, there is +10 laurens from weekly wizards.

Backpack - winterberries bitterfrost frontier, you can buy just lw3e3 for that. You can buy pickaxe/hatchet from local vendor for auto gather some cost.

Accesory I - winterberries are also good for that.

Accesory II - Dragonfall you need only LW4e6 for that. However springer and gliding would also help. Plottwist. You can buy local scroll or park alt, and get 5 molts a day for karma.

IBS Bjorna - if you do local metas, you can exchange ice crystal for molts for dragonfall. Also in Bjorna you can buy Bifuorite Crystal from Sandsweep isle.

LW3e3 Bitterfrost  and lw4e6dragonfall  have trinket value

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

For cheap exotics, check out the NPC south of Fort Mariner Waypoint in Lion's Arch - behind the big red fractal gate. His name is 'Lionguard [Merchant]'.

He charges around 60 silver to 1g depending on the piece for any exotic gear piece (armor + trinkets + weapons) and 50-100 of the WvW currency 'Badges of Honor'. I know you mentioned you don't like WvW, but you actually get this currency from regular gameplay too. Depending on how much you've already played, you may have some without even knowing it. Every 500 achievement points on your account rewards you with a chest that contains 100 badges of honor amongst other stuff. If you find you have some of that WvW currency or hit a 500-achievement point mark soon, it may help to fill a hole or two in your desired gear. It even has exotic backpiece and aquabreather, which can otherwise be a bit difficult or expensive to aquire. And any piece you buy from that npc is fully stat selectable, so you can choose any stat combo from any expansion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Krieger.1238 said:

Hello! I only have 2.5g and not much unlocked.

Then stay berserker geared until you have more money or tradeable items.

Do the vault tasks (daily and weekly), you can trade those points for gold, mystic coins (sell them) and ascended equipment (incl. wupwup = celestial). Do the leyline anomaly too, drops a mystic coin which you can sell.

Btw, berserker gear is fine for wvw if you play with at least 10 others or even a squad. The gold isn't the problem for the selectable stats gear from the wvw vendor, its the badges of honor. Those come only from playing and the beginning is hard, since you won't even have autoloot or the mobility other players have.

The short run is the vault and its rewards. The long run is wvw.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Krieger.1238 said:

@Randulf.7614 Thanks so much! I don't know if I have any of those mats, but if I do I'll send them your way.

Ascended is the goal, but I want off my Berserker gear asap so I can play my build the way I intend. I have 17 laurels lol. New-ish account.

@XSevSpreeX.2143 I believe I have LW1, as well as Episode 5 of LW4 for some reason. Haven't done any of it yet, but intend to start that tomorrow.

Don't bust a gut. I'm not bothered about repayment. I can make 2x earrings though I am out of quartz for those

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I didn't have time to respond properly to your mail. If you need an exotic celestial weapon made though, I can make one of your choice. I think I have enough mats

That would be great! All I'm missing in the weapon department is a celestial pistol. 

On 3/23/2024 at 6:55 AM, Chyro.1462 said:

For cheap exotics, check out the NPC south of Fort Mariner Waypoint in Lion's Arch - behind the big red fractal gate. His name is 'Lionguard [Merchant]'.

He charges around 60 silver to 1g depending on the piece for any exotic gear piece (armor + trinkets + weapons) and 50-100 of the WvW currency 'Badges of Honor'. I know you mentioned you don't like WvW, but you actually get this currency from regular gameplay too. Depending on how much you've already played, you may have some without even knowing it.

This was great advice, I have enough Badges to get a few pieces. I got one, just gotta get myself some gold for the rest.

As for the other posts, that's a lot of information that I'll keep referring back to, so thanks a bunch for the replies!

I'm gonna work on some story stuff and I'm sure I'll earn enough gold to fill out my gear soon enough. Not sure about the runes but I'll cross that bridge later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krieger.1238 said:

That would be great! All I'm missing in the weapon department is a celestial pistol. 

This was great advice, I have enough Badges to get a few pieces. I got one, just gotta get myself some gold for the rest.

As for the other posts, that's a lot of information that I'll keep referring back to, so thanks a bunch for the replies!

I'm gonna work on some story stuff and I'm sure I'll earn enough gold to fill out my gear soon enough. Not sure about the runes but I'll cross that bridge later.

Why not play and do wizard vault daily each day for the gold?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Krieger.1238 said:

Make sure you do the daily Wizard's Vault achievements, too. Completing all four gives you 1g and Astral Acclaim, which you can use to buy bags of more gold.

• Like 1