Make 5v5 seasons shorter please

Seriously why is the 5v5 season 11 weeks, nearly 3 months long? 

It gets so boring that I'm just doing 1 game every 3 days to stop decay by the end.

Please have 6 weeks 5v5 season alternating with 1-2 weeks 2v2/3v3 season to make it more varied....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Clumsy.7926 said:

It gets so boring that I'm just doing 1 game every 3 days to stop decay by the end.

Please have 6 weeks 5v5 season alternating with 1-2 weeks 2v2/3v3 season to make it more varied....

I hate the mini seasons, and wish they were gone altogether.

They are a botters paradise, and the fact that the rating rolls over into the next conquest for placements is enraging.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Longer season is better for everyone, the longer the season goes, the better the matchmaker can get

Tho they could still remove unranked and add 1vs1/2vs2/3vs3 in a weekly changing rotation 

I think the game had larger pvp population when the seasons were longer, might be other factors like the pvp lobby not being so kittening depressing and the pvp didn't force everything in the middle of the graph.

Currently pvp needs huge signal boost and easier access for new players to be relevant. 

Personaly I think the ranked queue should be removed and the rewards moved to unranked and maybe throw titles to people at the end of some season without having obvious criteria that can be meta gamed outside game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

The same ones asking this will confuse bomb a post asking to rotate in stronghold mini seasons, you know why..

Nah add stronghold 1 week off season too, also 5v5 deathmatches. Idk why this obsession with conquest, there was way more diversity in gw1 pvp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Shorter seasons would be better now that the population is super low.  Give less time to stagnate in G2/G3 and maybe open up some of the plat tiers again if people actually had to play instead of decay farm on alts.  

Sliding decay might be nice too, so higher you are, faster you decay out of the leaderboard.  

Anything to cut out the number of alts and smurfs at this point.  

• Like 1

Previous 2 v 2 was pretty short in comparison to current 5v5 season again.

There should be some faster rotation between 5v5, 3v3 and 2v2's.

Maybe add some other mini season along, where things can go crazy like temporarily anti gravity. Something aside the regular deathmatch/capping nodes 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2024 at 3:27 PM, Clumsy.7926 said:

Yeah and tbh the Arena 2v2 was like what, 2 weeks? I didn't even have time to complete my chests, which I wasn't too pleased about. I was playing way more casually than usual because I was doing SoO content but still, you should be able to complete the chests if you play at least one match a night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Yeah and tbh the Arena 2v2 was like what, 2 weeks? I didn't even have time to complete my chests, which I wasn't too pleased about. I was playing way more casually than usual because I was doing SoO content but still, you should be able to complete the chests if you play at least one match a night.

1 week*

I did like 50 myself and I am not sure if I completed that last chest either 🥲

Edited by arazoth.7290