Next-Level Fashion Wars: Cosmetic Inspect Coming to Guild Wars 2 April 16!

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

That’s nonsense. They can still tell you that they like your looks, happens often to me. But now I have to waste my time and link everything in chat. It’s easier for me and for them to just click and see what my characters are wearing. 

You have stated before, that people who want to use the inspect feature is mostly because they don't want to have to interact.

In that mindset, they won't do it to give compliments and not about asking the infos from us directly either way.
So that "intent" of complimenting is a litterally overboard notion at that point.

It's called honesty and integrity along a community, such as the fashion warriors groups.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Oh, thank you, I did read about rarity, stats, etc. but I completely missed the infusions. 

So half finished feature in a way because infusions are big part of fashion too.

If by big part of fashion, you mean the abomination that ruins most looks, then we agree! 😄 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

What do you expect? That tomorrow evening everyone is running around in your looks because they are so great? Come on, that’s not going to happen 🤣 you are being overly dramatic 

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

Where have I stated this? 

Right here.
It's not word for words, but it is severly implied.

Edited by LoboRaptorLo.2603
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dondarrion.2748 said:

If by big part of fashion, you mean the abomination that ruins most looks, then we agree! 😄 

I dunno, you can get some nice looks with some infusions if you use them right. Not all infusions are eye burning abominations! 😂

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

If someone likes it and asks for the pieces

And then I have to link everything my characters are wearing in the chat, maybe I am just whispering with someone else or I am writing in guild chat.
And often I am being asked with a simple “link pls”.

It’s just easier for both to just click to see the skins. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Don't pour cold water on the annual Randulf cosplay convention so quickly...

Is it being held in Lion's Arch this year, or is there a new venue? What kind of vendors will be there? Panels? Do we have to wear a costume, or can we just show up in regular t shirt and jeans? Will there be any autograph signings? Are there any costume/prop rules? Are we going to get mad at whoever wins the world championship cosplay contest this year because we can't see the masterwork they put into their cosplay from the audience and think the One Punch Randulf cosplay is the actual winner for looking "cooler" and "more detailed" from a distance? 😂

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Is it being held in Lion's Arch this year, or is there a new venue? What kind of vendors will be there? Panels? Do we have to wear a costume, or can we just show up in regular t shirt and jeans? Will there be any autograph signings? Are there any costume/prop rules? Are we going to get mad at whoever wins the world championship cosplay contest this year because we can't see the masterwork they put into their cosplay from the audience and think the One Punch Randulf cosplay is the actual winner for looking "cooler" and "more detailed" from a distance? 😂

Details to be confirmed and tickets to be announced. It would be wrong and unethical for me to give anyone a detailed headstart at this stage.

However.. I am currently booked for a catering meeting later, so I think expecting strong ale and a high likelihood of a drunken brawl is fair. A well known Ascalon based rock band has also expressed early interest, but for legal reasons I am unable to cofirm anything until contracts are exchanged and paw prints inked

• Haha 5

This will be so much fun to use for me and my kids. Thank you for this update. To those that are against it, you didn't create this game. Why on Tyria do you feel compelled to block such a convenient feature. Exclusivity is not what this community is about. Someone copies your look? Be flattered! It is not negatively affecting your experience beyond your own perceived entitlement. The player that copies you still has to go out and get all the components. I'm surprised by the amount of negative reception.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 9

I'll be honest here...
This whole debate... even if I did took huge part of it.

I now can only think of one thing...

We ask for an option to opt-out of this.

Which shouldn't impact people who wants to use the Inspect mode, no more than just limiting players a selection of players who do not feel safe to be inspected as it impede their privacy (what we do and how we want to play the game).

If people really have a problem with having to allow this compromise... we probably should question why are they not okay with this compromise?
The only potential reasoning that I can think of is, because they planning on exploiting it...
Because otherwise, what would they really lose at not allowing players to opt-out, I ask.

Edit:
If you can give me one actually justifiable reason why this option cannot be allowed, then I am willing to concede that I have the wrong image of you.
But as of right now, I do not see the reason why it shouldn't be allowed to be an available option.

Edited by LoboRaptorLo.2603
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

who do not feel safe

You don’t feel safe if other players in a video game can see what your characters are wearing? This is just laughable. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

As an extremely new player and a total narcissist affected by delusions of grandeur let me be the first to say that I cannot wait to copy all your looks but also make them look 10x better 💋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

That’s nonsense. They can still tell you that they like your looks, happens often to me. But now I have to waste my time and link everything in chat. It’s easier for me and for them to just click and see what my characters are wearing. 

Then, you are welcome to opt-in.  No one is asking for the feature to be not implemented; only there to be an option.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

This will be so much fun to use for me and my kids. Thank you for this update. To those that are against it, you didn't create this game. Why on Tyria do you feel compelled to block such a convenient feature. Exclusivity is not what this community is about. Someone copies your look? Be flattered! It is not negatively affecting your experience beyond your own perceived entitlement. The player that copies you still has to go out and get all the components. I'm surprised by the amount of negative reception.

It is mostly the unknown element, yes we have not created the game, however we did put a large amount of effort into "researching" the fashion synergy.
Some people might be too introvert to ask and that we can accept, the problem reside in the fact there is a portion of the player base who could want to take credits for it. This is the unknown element, we cannot know if this person might have ill intention, or actually good intention, and that's the jeopardy question.

It's better be safe than sorry.

What stops you and your younglings from opening your wardrobes and looking for styles and spending some of your time making your own?
That's what we all have been doing all this time, so wha, please tell me, is making you unable to do the same?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mewlyz.2153 said:

As an extremely new player and a total narcissist affected by delusions of grandeur let me be the first to say that I cannot wait to copy all your looks but also make them look 10x better 💋

Well you going straight into my blocked list, buddy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Details to be confirmed and tickets to be announced. It would be wrong and unethical for me to give anyone a detailed headstart at this stage.

However.. I am currently booked for a catering meeting later, so I think expecting strong ale and a high likelihood of a drunken brawl is fair. A well known Ascalon based rock band has also expressed early interest, but for legal reasons I am unable to cofirm anything until contracts are exchanged and paw prints inked

Truly bringing life to "Costume Brawl" with that!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Why is an opt in feature wanted? Unless it hides your appearance from everyone except you what is the point? If you can block this feature you have not prevented anyone from copying you. Cell phone picture, prop it next to my monitor, proceed to duplicate your appearance.... Opt in or out is a pointless use of development time because of that alone. 

Side note: I hope this works on NPC's. I've wanted to duplicate certain factions on occasion like the White Mantle.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Just now, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Why is an opt in feature wanted? Unless it hides your appearance from everyone except you what is the point? If you can block this feature you have not prevented anyone from copying you. Cell phone picture, prop it next to my monitor, proceed to duplicate your appearance.... Opt in or out is a pointless use of development time because of that alone. 

Side note: I hope this works on NPC's. I've wanted to duplicate certain factions on occasion like the White Mantle.

I'll repeat it for you.

It is because we value the "efforts" more than the Results into the fashion, that you copy because of your own observation skill is more complimentary for us than just nabbing it with a single-click of a mouse.

What we want is having our time, put into our fashion, actually recognized.
Tat it cannot just be taken with that single-click.

If someone really like the fashion we have shown out, they will either come out and ask us, OR put their brain power into figure it out.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

Well you going straight into my blocked list, buddy.

Life is literally too short to be this strung up on something that won't affect your perceived status or intrigue, btw. I get that suddenly losing your ability to be secretive with your fashion sense is tantamount to betrayal from the devs, but if someone is able to copy your fashion 1 to 1 with the exact same items then it shows that they put the exact same amount of work in to be entitled to do so. Sorry!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Super Hayes.6890 said:

If you can block this feature you have not prevented anyone from copying you. Cell phone picture, prop it next to my monitor, proceed to duplicate your appearance.... Opt in or out is a pointless use of development time because of that alone

One of these requires time, effort, maybe a bit of research, and does not provide a list of dyes. The other is an instant 1:1. If someone wants to put in the work, you're right, we can't stop them, but at least they had to try.

Just for context, there are people who will take others looks, and show up to community fashion contests with prizes, claiming the look as their own - sometimes with the person they stole it from being at the same show. It would feel wrong to reward/praise someone for something they put no effort into.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

It is mostly the unknown element, yes we have not created the game, however we did put a large amount of effort into "researching" the fashion synergy.
Some people might be too introvert to ask and that we can accept, the problem reside in the fact there is a portion of the player base who could want to take credits for it. This is the unknown element, we cannot know if this person might have ill intention, or actually good intention, and that's the jeopardy question.

It's better be safe than sorry.

What stops you and your younglings from opening your wardrobes and looking for styles and spending some of your time making your own?
That's what we all have been doing all this time, so wha, please tell me, is making you unable to do the same?

While I don't fully agree, I appreciate the perspective. Also, love that you call them younglings!

Truly, one way or the other, our game play won't be heavily impacted by this change but we definitely will use it. I wouldn't mind having a way to easily compliment the player being inspected... but that would likely get abused in the worst way by trolls. For now, we'll just whisper them high praise.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

I'll repeat it for you.

It is because we value the "efforts" more than the Results into the fashion, that you copy because of your own observation skill is more complimentary for us than just nabbing it with a single-click of a mouse.

What we want is having our time, put into our fashion, actually recognized.
Tat it cannot just be taken with that single-click.

If someone really like the fashion we have shown out, they will either come out and ask us, OR put their brain power into figure it out.

Who is “we”? please speak for yourself. 
No one is taking the effort away from you. And why do you care so much what others are doing? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Just now, Mewlyz.2153 said:

Life is literally too short to be this strung up on something that won't affect your perceived status or intrigue, btw. I get that suddenly losing your ability to be secretive with your fashion sense is tantamount to betrayal from the devs, but if someone is able to copy your fashion 1 to 1 with the exact same items then it shows that they put the exact same amount of work in to be entitled to do so. Sorry!

Life is too short to only look at results... and never noticing the PATH we took to get there.

If you can copy my style without using an inspect mode then all Kudos to you! I would even be the first one to lift my hat to you, but with this, I can easily consider that you made zero efforts into making it because we just cannot know if you did it or not.
The TRUTH that you did put the actual time into figuring it out or your EGO in which you have used the Inspect mode to look my style, which one will you listen to in the end... that's the question that I will ask myself when I'll see the fashion I came out with my spending my time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

While I don't fully agree, I appreciate the perspective. Also, love that you call them younglings!

Truly, one way or the other, our game play won't be heavily impacted by this change but we definitely will use it. I wouldn't mind having a way to easily compliment the player being inspected... but that would likely get abused in the worst way by trolls. For now, we'll just whisper them high praise.

We can't agree on everything, that's a fact of life.
This is why we should both be agreeing to a compromise if anything. This is the case here.

We are NOT asking to have the function not exist (for all we care it could and should exist for people who actually legitimately need and can use it with good intention, we are only asking to give us the CHOICE to allow or not the people to sneak into our characters informations or not without or consent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1