Good PVE hammer build

YVictory.6840

Hi all,

I've been playing around with the Revenant weapons and found myself really enjoying the hammer. Are there any good builds for it in open-world PVE? Maybe something with swords or a short bow? 

Any help would be appreciated

With a good dps specialization, the hammer can go. I admit it's been a long time since I used it because for 3 years it was broken and so I learned to do without it. Knowing that now with the possibility of the short bow. After that, it's still a WvW DPS build, but if you're happy with it, otherwise you'll end up with celest stuff instead.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Vindicator_-_Hammer_Vindicator

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarlan.7682 said:

its atleast meta in pvp now 😅 trash in wvw and dont know about its pve dmg scaling

With all the forum whining I can make a weather report, I forsee vindicator nerfs/hammer nerfs to make on par with herald. They just want all rev e-specs/weapons to be mediocre or below...

Just get some conditions vs hammer vindi users, projectile denial/reflect for skill 1,4. Weakness conditions for the bigger hitters 2,3 and some protection boons. And if you have some other defensives the better, they can also just use their baseline dodge vs the obvious hammer dodge and skill 2.

They rather go to the forums instead adapting/learning ro fight it. They haven't seen almost a hammer rev and don't know how to counter it 😒.

Hammer is strong, op no, it can be countered or enough negated.

I got yesterday even complains from enemy when I used hammer on renegade 🤦 from a cataclyst oki or something idk 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

With all the forum whining I can make a weather report, I forsee vindicator nerfs/hammer nerfs to make on par with herald. They just want all rev e-specs/weapons to be mediocre or below...

Just get some conditions vs hammer vindi users, projectile denial/reflect for skill 1,4. Weakness conditions for the bigger hitters 2,3 and some protection boons. And if you have some other defensives the better, they can also just use their baseline dodge vs the obvious hammer dodge and skill 2.

They rather go to the forums instead adapting/learning ro fight it. They haven't seen almost a hammer rev and don't know how to counter it 😒.

I got yesterday even complains from enemy when I used hammer on renegade 🤦 from a cataclyst oki or something idk 

the tears are real 😂 hammer rene is actually easier like waaaay easier to counter with about the same burst but less mobility/sustain and imo pretty fun but ppl gonna cry even if a build got easy counters 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Some were already crying hard even before the last set of hammer buffs. PvP forums moment.
First time ever that hammer is competitive, so they just go into shock every time they see one.
The skill level of the average pvp payer is that low these days.

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

Some were already crying hard even before the last set of hammer buffs. PvP forums moment.
First time ever that hammer is competitive, so they just go into shock every time they see one.
The skill level of the average pvp payer is that low these days.

yeaaa 🫠

On 4/19/2024 at 2:26 PM, Sarlan.7682 said:

its atleast meta in pvp now 😅 

Is not.

0 Revs in EU finals at MAT last month and not a single hammer Rev in the whole EU tournament. Just due one streamer plays it at ranked amongst the 600 players left in NA doesn't mean that will use it at this week MAT.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 12:42 PM, YVictory.6840 said:

Hi all,

I've been playing around with the Revenant weapons and found myself really enjoying the hammer. Are there any good builds for it in open-world PVE? Maybe something with swords or a short bow? 

Any help would be appreciated

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAIFldQmMH6k1QpsHCl9RqsAqkp/1eMD-DyIY1oivQasAyMF6NCM5UQBCZP8WCb0CA-e

For openworld pve.

I wanted to link one some while ago but I forgot everytime 😅

• Like 1
  • Confused 2