Staff got nerfed ....... and it was good but wtf is that 4 skill

Myror.7521

Hello ^^ i not gonna cry about the nerfs. We all know they where needed. How ever .... please revert this snap pull nerf. Its so clunky now that i think even the biggest noob who just klick his dodge bar to dodge stuff would be able to easily evade it xD

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 4

If the nerfs had come with a raise in damage, than they might potentially have been good. But as it is right know, the nerfs are just bad.

Becoming even more of a bunker by investing even harder in healing power is quite the opposite of what Warrior really needs.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

It really is a lowest common denominator nerf, a nerf to help slow and noob players. I rarely ever get caught in that pull because it's already so obvious lol, humongous cone highlighted on the ground. "Oh, I wonder what that could be?" 😂

They should remove the cone now...

22 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Hello ^^ i not gonna cry about the nerfs. We all know they where needed. How ever .... please revert this snap pull nerf. Its so clunky now that i think even the biggest noob who just klick his dodge bar to dodge stuff would be able to easily evade it xD

Reality is that they did this because they want warrior to be telegraphed and easily predictable. That is why they also nerfed in similar fashion Shield Bash, Head Butt, Dragon Slash - Boost and so on. Nothing we can do about it, it seems like immutable rule of warrior profession on their balancing board or there is simply no warrior enjoyer in the balance team (or both).

To be fair, I got tired of staff already since it does laughable damage (ye I know it's support weapon). I just use it on full nomad build in wvw to troll enemies and give anet reason to nerf warrior even more 🙃

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

Do you mean those PvP nerfs? That toxic game modality that every sane person should avoid?

PvP takes the best and most well designed aspect of this game (combat system) and makes the absolute most of it.

Truly it’s PvE and WvW I don’t understand a sane person entering, as there are so many better PvE games out there to spend time on, and WvW is running around for half an hour to fight some mind-numbing cele duel or over-stacked blob.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

PvP takes the best and most well designed aspect of this game (combat system) and makes the absolute most of it.

Truly it’s PvE and WvW I don’t understand a sane person entering, as there are so many better PvE games out there to spend time on, and WvW is running around for half an hour to fight some mind-numbing cele duel or over-stacked blob.

The last time I played ranked PvP (3v3)  had 2 bots in my team. Not to say people who afk in purpose or ragequit. That's the best aspect of the game?

Edited by Axelteas.7192
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

The last time I played ranked PvP (3v3)  had 2 bots in my team. Not to say people who afk in purpose or ragequit. That's the best aspect of the game?

Can’t say I’ve had bots in my games in a long time, maybe a couple of times a few years ago. And the latter is pretty uncommon in my experience. This is from 8000 total games played - the supposed issues in PvP are overblown, is all I’m saying.

11 hours ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

The combat is one of  the best in all of MMO's. It's why i could never go to eso or final fantasy 14. Their combat is so boring compared to GW2. The only combat I liked better was Black Desert but they're money grubbers.

3 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

The combat is one of  the best in all of MMO's. It's why i could never go to eso or final fantasy 14. Their combat is so boring compared to GW2. The only combat I liked better was Black Desert but they're money grubbers.

BDO has had a lot of QoL and systems changes, though, and offers an absolute mountain of free things in the game pretty consistently, up to and including weight and inventory expansion items, free pets, mounts, gear. However yes, there are some things like the Old Moon camp, weight, inventory space, and a few other things that make many things much more bearable if you spend money.

However, lets be honest, with how ANet has designed its itemization for GW2...they are just as equally "money grubby". Just from a single WvW track there are ten separate loot containers that all give 90% the exact same things, with only slight variations, on top of at least 5 other more "specific" loot containers, plus "junk" items that are looted, plus loot bags that you loot from players, all of this culminating in at minimum 15 inventory slots being used up by just these things, not including any extra exotic/ascended gear you may be holding onto, food/utility items, siege blueprints, extra gathering tools if you don't have infinite ones, etc. GW2 does the exact same thing where spending money makes these things more bearable.

People really give ANet effectively a "pass" just because "Oh, but gold to gems conversion" ignoring the fact that any newer player, if not having spent money on an expansion, would not feasibly be able to utilize this currency conversion system to alleviate the nightmare that it is to manage inventory in GW2 which is just outright going to incentivize them to spend money, if not on an expansion then these QoL solutions.

Sorry...had to vent that...

(I am saying this all with the understanding that yes, a company needs to make money and I am not against that)

Now on topic, the combat in GW2 is definitely one of the best in the genre but it is, unfortunately, not as well utilize as it could be. PvP/WvW by their nature as player versus player modes does allow it to shine through, but thats also where the issues with balance come into play. I'm all for accessibility, but things like Cele builds and then just low effort, low risk builds are just...not the solution because they get abused by players just looking to eat lesser experienced players as a snack.