Chrono: Undo Oct 17th 2023 Nerf to Split Second

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Doesn't always proc twice, need to get hit during shield. A lot of enemies know not to hit you.

If you use your shield like monke and the opponent respects your block and you get punished, you deserve it. You have the tools, it's up to you to use them. Can't be that hard to use a skill properly.

Not everyone traits phantasms, I don't personally.

My brother in Christ, if you want the synergies you need to at least take them

If it hits, that's a big if. The issue is the wave is just too slow. It's super easy to just run around while its moving, also pretty easy to shoot around it.

Wave is slow, but the hitbox is huge and works decently for a fast cover. Of course, it works so much better when you get to actually use the terrain to your advantage; for example, it's super effective in the tight scaffoldings in Kylo; on plain open areas, it's not as good.

But even than, even something as simple as blocking 2 skirmisher shots is already some 6 initiative out of a de, or you block a rapid fire and remove 50% of a ranger's damage. Then they move, but wave returns back to you and gives you better cover. If they found a position where they still get to hit you, you can use a Mantra of distraction to interrupt them, maybe proc blind\weakness and make them even more sad. It's not a single skill that does everything, but in the set of tools you have as a mesmer it is one of the most versatile.

One more thing I forgot, you can use it to kite; it can't be casted behind your back, but you can cast it against a wall and it will immediately turn back towards you; if the wall is very close, it basically works as casting it behind your shoulders, stunning chasers and giving you some room to breathe.

Not sure how you're getting to this number. Even if it hits twice, with domination that's only 16 stacks.

Wave out, 5 vuln, wave in, 5 vuln; that's 10 vuln. Do that twice with cs, that's 20 vuln.

Yeah this is good synergy if you can pull it off.

It is very reliable. Shield5 is slow but the hitbox is huge, at the right range it forces a dodge. You time sword3 immob at the end of the dodge, they're forced to sit in place while the returning stun comes on. Works like a charm against pretty much everything... except vindicators because death drop kills the clone lmao.

Not sure what these skill have to do with the shield.

You're asking me what a setup skill has to do with the followup damage?

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

This.
Don't buff chrono, nerf everything else instead.

I'm willing to concede that if everything else gets nerfed, then don't buff chrono. That's a huge if, and unlikely to happen. Either way, one of these two scenarios need to happen. I, for one, would love to see a more balanced and dynamic game mode, where a player can pick up literally any spec and be viable. I don't buy that this can't happen, the balance team just has to listen to the community. It becomes super obvious what the meta is, and I'm not even in favor of overnerfing a spec to the ground so nobody plays it, only to get replaced by another super kittening annoying OP spec to fight that someone will pick and you'll face in every kittening match. Please, for the love of god, just tune things slightly and stop overnerfing. Get the game mode in a more comfortable state for all specs and then leave it alone.

12 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I'm willing to concede that if everything else gets nerfed, then don't buff chrono. That's a huge if, and unlikely to happen. Either way, one of these two scenarios need to happen. I, for one, would love to see a more balanced and dynamic game mode, where a player can pick up literally any spec and be viable. I don't buy that this can't happen, the balance team just has to listen to the community. It becomes super obvious what the meta is, and I'm not even in favor of overnerfing a spec to the ground so nobody plays it, only to get replaced by another super kittening annoying OP spec to fight that someone will pick and you'll face in every kittening match. Please, for the love of god, just tune things slightly and stop overnerfing. Get the game mode in a more comfortable state for all specs and then leave it alone.

I was just mocking the crab.

• Confused 2

On 5/10/2024 at 9:24 PM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

yadda yadda You've got nothing to hide right? yadda yadda

I could not find you ingame either. Needed to go NA first, ofc still did not find you on the lb with 1259 rating after 65 games. Holy sanity, did not know you can be that low when seriously trying. I could lose 10/10 of my placements and would not be that low 😂
I were never riding melcor, i have my own arguments. I only mentioned him, when i was forced to explain why i joined the thread and to which of you guys nonsense statements i was reacting too and to which not (i did not say anything about chrono f1 need a little rebuff or not and i also never trashtalked the mesmer class in general as vanflylow accused me of). 

As for the hides and proves:

There were already ppl adding proves against your false claims (not being a mesmer player was your first wrong statement, you got prove against that), while you never said "sry i was wrong" to anyone. Quite the opposite:  You insisted that every prove which was delivered and suggested to you, has no value. 
I mean, i get why you try to insist on games played in current only 1,5 months old season, since that is lit. the only category you have a chance to shine. As no lifer newbie you grind a 10yo, dead and no competition game way harder than any veteran, who already reached some goals and plays this game for 10 years. But your games in current season mean nothing.

While all other variables, which actually can prove something about your skill and lvl of game/class understanding and knowledge, are very VERY big indicators, that you just suck at the game and at mesmer: 

• You have a very low amount of overall pvp games played 
  • you play the game since a pretty short duration (only 2 years if i remember right) 
  • you play on insanely low rating 
  • you dodge offered duels which could at least prove, that you are at a minimum a very little bit able to utilize mesmers mechanics

BUT i have a big deal for you:

You accept the offered duels and prove that you at least have a basic understanding of greatsword power mesmers mechanics and after that, i show you my top 25 titles (new and old one). That is the only deal you will get from me, since i am not melcor and deliver and offer proves while you do nothing than continue talking nonsense.  If you do not accept, then stop pretending you know anything about the game or mesmer even remotely good enough to make decent suggestions. I mean hell, even terrorhuz knows and understand more than you, as your bad-vs-worse-player-dialog about mesmer shield showcase. Sadly terrorhuz becomes very narrowed when its time to notice his own lack in game/class understanding/ knowledge and lacking sense for basic balance rules and logic. As his claim, that power mes is (needs to be) a oneshot class and his nonsense comparisions showcase.   

• Thanks 10
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

Dang, BBQd to a crisp🔥💀

Nah son he's about to get Deadmoosed. Sit back and watch.

2 hours ago, Rdm.3186 said:

ofc still did not find you on the lb with 1259 rating after 65 games

Go ahead and exclusively play power chrono for a season and then come back and tell me your rating.

I were never riding melcor

Dude, you literally brought up Melcor in every single one of your posts.

i did not say anything about chrono f1 need a little rebuff or not

You were literally countering the argument about buffing f1 the entire time by constantly bringing up Melcor's post. You don't have to believe me, you wrote it. Go back and read.

I mean, i get why you try to insist on games played in current only 1,5 months old season, since that is lit. the only category you have a chance to shine. As no lifer newbie you grind a 10yo, dead and no competition game way harder than any veteran, who already reached some goals and plays this game for 10 years. But your games in current season mean nothing.

hahahahaha, again bashing the game mode. Just to be clear so you know where to read your own words where you bash the game mode, its here: "grind a 10yo, dead and no competition game" I underlined and bolded it so you can read it clearly, I'd make the text larger for you but I don't want to get a forum ban.

are very VERY big indicators, that you just suck at the game and at mesmer: 

Feel free to message me in game and I'll give you my discord, and I can share with you several dozen screenshots of matches where I did over 300k+ damage as a power chrono.

You have a very low amount of overall pvp games played 

Nearly 2,000 games played in about 2 years is pretty good to me. I'm comfortable and confident with these numbers.

you play on insanely low rating

I've been nearly plat solo queue'ing power chrono, which just reiterates my point. I can no longer carry a team with power chrono as it stands so my rank will only be so high solo queueing. Your argument that my rank is low so I'm bad is a kitten argument and literally the entire forum knows it. Also let us know what you main so we can judge you properly. You've got nothing to hide right? Clown brings up duels again, as if its going to prove anything. Your post is so dumb I had to remove my confused emoji and put a laugh one, because it's hilarious.

as your bad-vs-worse-player-dialog about mesmer shield showcase

Nah, shield is too slow an ability in pvp. I still stand by that, Terror is right in that it could be a good ability but he's missing the point. kitten almost never lands, rendering it useless. You're also pretty dumb to continually weigh in where you don't belong as you don't even play it, then you go forward with riding whoever you think is right. You must be a master equestrian with all the riding that you do, are horses expensive in Europe?

Edited by Deadmoose.6594
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 10:24 PM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Nah son he's about to get Deadmoosed. Sit back and watch.

Go ahead and exclusively play power chrono for a season and then come back and tell me your rating.

Dude, you literally brought up Melcor in every single one of your posts.

You were literally countering the argument about buffing f1 the entire time by constantly bringing up Melcor's post. You don't have to believe me, you wrote it. Go back and read.

hahahahaha, again bashing the game mode. Just to be clear so you know where to read your own words where you bash the game mode, its here: "grind a 10yo, dead and no competition game" I underlined and bolded it so you can read it clearly, I'd make the text larger for you but I don't want to get a forum ban.

Feel free to message me in game and I'll give you my discord, and I can share with you several dozen screenshots of matches where I did over 300k+ damage as a power chrono.

Nearly 2,000 games played in about 2 years is pretty good to me. I'm comfortable and confident with these numbers.

I've been nearly plat solo queue'ing power chrono, which just reiterates my point. I can no longer carry a team with power chrono as it stands so my rank will only be so high solo queueing. Your argument that my rank is low so I'm bad is a kitten argument and literally the entire forum knows it. Also let us know what you main so we can judge you properly. You've got nothing to hide right? Clown brings up duels again, as if its going to prove anything. Your post is so dumb I had to remove my confused emoji and put a laugh one, because it's hilarious.

Nah, shield is too slow an ability in pvp. I still stand by that, Terror is right in that it could be a good ability but he's missing the point. kitten almost never lands, rendering it useless. You're also pretty dumb to continually weigh in where you don't belong as you don't even play it, then you go forward with riding whoever you think is right. You must be a master equestrian with all the riding that you do, are horses expensive in Europe?

Ok lets shorten your way of communicating to its essentials:

1. If other ppl claim something, they have to prove they are right/ not lying 
  2. If you claim something, still the other ppl have to prove that you are wrong
  3. If other ppl present or offer proves, you claim those proves have no value even tho they do

yeah... so in the end you can claim the biggest nonsense 24/7 while not delivering any backup and the other ppl should do all the work to dismantle your -300 iq and skill nonsense and also have to backup every little thing they say,  even when it is quite obviously right anyway.

Makes sense! xD

And all that, just because you know, that you personally can not prove your mechanical skill on mesmer with duels, since you know you suck at mesmer and only can prove in duels that you are bad. 

Got ya!

Edited by Rdm.3186
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Rdm.3186 said:

Ok lets shorten your way of communicating to its essentials:

1. If other ppl claim something, they have to prove they are right/ not lying 
  2. If you claim something, still the other ppl have to prove that you are wrong
  3. If other ppl present or offer proves, you claim those proves have no value even tho they do

yeah... so in the end you can claim the biggest nonsense 24/7 while not delivering any backup and the other ppl should do all the work to dismantle your -300 iq and skill nonsense and also have to backup every little thing they say,  even when it is quite obviously right anyway.

Makes sense! xD

And all that, just because you know, that you personally can not prove your mechanical skill on mesmer with duels, since you know you suck at mesmer and only can prove in duels that you are bad. 

Got ya!

Anecdotal evidence is more than enough to prove I'm correct. Like I said just whisper me in game and I can give you my discord and share with you how many games I've played, which I've already stated in this thread. I main a power chrono, it's undebatable. If you want proof just whisper me.

Since we've established that fact, I can claim things about the spec because I use it every single day and have for about two years straight (this is undebatable). These things are anecdotal, but as you can see from this thread that other people who play this same spec share the same opinion with me (undebatable).

Nobody has been able to counter the argument successfully. Only counters are from people who main spellbreakers and rangers so pile on their confused emojis to everything that isn't their OP fotm spec. Not really a counter. You yourself tried to state my rank as equating to me being a bad pvp'er and not knowing how to play mesmer, meanwhile my rank has been climbing. At this point you're just full of kitten and huffing air, your arguments have 0 substance because all you're doing is attacking me and not going after my main point because you know you can't. Again, thank you for continuing to grow the page count of this topic.

Edit: I want to be clear that you're not clever in attacking my credibility in playing mesmer. Anyone who knows me in pvp or here in the forums knows that I know my kitten with power chrono. People I've played against have whispered me to complement my expertise in matches where they lost, multiple times. Your attacks on my credibility aren't working. I know you think you're trying to undermine my main point by discrediting me, but I have the numbers to back up my words.

Edit 2: I also wanted to say that everything on the pvp forums is anecdotal evidence. If people play against spellbreaker, for example, and notice it's OP, they come to the forums and talk about it. At that point, it becomes a fact and then gets its deserved nerf. You seldom hear about specs that are underperforming because why do people want to play something that isn't powerful and is going to get wrecked in pvp? Well guess what, some people actually do play those specs. They deserve to be listened to so that there can be some god kitten balance in this game mode.

Edited by Deadmoose.6594
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)

You would make up for an insanely good forum troll tbh, if you would not be so dead serious about the nonsense you write 🤣😂🤣

Edited by Rdm.3186
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 4/20/2024 at 3:46 PM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Disclaimer: I realize this post received a lot of confused emojis, but these are clearly not mesmer players and the pvp community is super toxic as we all well know. These players are selfish and only want their chosen class/spec to succeed, when all I'm asking for here is balance. No successful opposing argument can be found in the 7+ pages of this thread, aside from maybe a criticism on the overall gamestate suggesting that too many builds have too high of sustain, which I already detailed above.

I am a Mesmer player and the counter argument seems to be that not every spec of a profession needs to be good at everything. Power Mirage is pretty decent right now and heal Chrono is meta. Just learn the full range of Mesmer rather than complaining that the one spec you want to play isn't the damage spec of our profession.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, ascii.1369 said:

I am a Mesmer player and the counter argument seems to be that not every spec of a profession needs to be good at everything. Power Mirage is pretty decent right now and heal Chrono is meta. Just learn the full range of Mesmer rather than complaining that the one spec you want to play isn't the damage spec of our profession.

So a power chrono doesn't need to be good at doing damage??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

• Confused 4

It is good at doing damage though.... It needs to use skills to help it land that damage and it isnt good at living after it.  Power chrono  requires you to lock the player down. What @ascii.1369 is saying is right though, adapt your build for your class or forever be stuck being a 1 trick. Its like a warrior complaining his signet power beserker isnt as optimal as a power spellbreaker. Some things are just going to be a niche or meme in pvp, accept it.

Also i have played vs you @Deadmoose.6594 in some shadowrealm games. You have some things that you need to work on mechanically that would help solve some (not all) of your current issues with power chrono

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

So a power chrono doesn't need to be good at doing damage??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

Short answer, correct. The longer answer is that it does damage, just not as well as Mirage. And that's perfectly fine, one spec shouldn't be best at everything. Right now Chrono is an insane healer while Mirage is the best DPS spec for PvP and Virtuoso has the most survivability. Even core Mesmer has it's place in WvW roamig, giving you the freedom to pick chaos, making it the best at stealth builds.

Edited by ascii.1369
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Chrono has enough damage 😂

• Confused 3

5 hours ago, ascii.1369 said:

Right now Chrono is an insane healer while Mirage is the best DPS spec for PvP and Virtuoso has the most survivability.

Almost never seeing chrono healers, mirage is the best dps spec but also has the best survivability. Virts get deleted right now. Not sure what you're seeing.

6 hours ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

Also i have played vs you @Deadmoose.6594 in some shadowrealm games. You have some things that you need to work on mechanically that would help solve some (not all) of your current issues with power chrono

Please, enlighten me with your master wisdom...

Also, I don't know what a shadowrealm game is so not sure its even me you're talking about.

3 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Please, enlighten me with your master wisdom...

Also, I don't know what a shadowrealm game is so not sure its even me you're talking about.

It was you 100% And I am talking about games with low golds maybe even silvers mixed in with plat players.

Theres mechanical and positioning decisions you could work on. Using jumping puzzles and kite spots and no port spots vs my sd thief would be helpful. Decision making of who to engage and being patient. Not willingly pushing the node off respawn to 1v1 a thief and tank their sword 3s with shield 4. Time your f3 (or daze mantra if you use it) to rupt certain animations. (Like the tail end of the thief sword 3)

Honestly if anything just duel people a lot, hop in a server with someone. It will help you improve a lot. Watching gameplay of good mesmers will help too

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

It was you 100% And I am talking about games with low golds maybe even silvers mixed in with plat players.

Theres mechanical and positioning decisions you could work on. Using jumping puzzles and kite spots and no port spots vs my sd thief would be helpful. Decision making of who to engage and being patient. Not willingly pushing the node off respawn to 1v1 a thief and tank their sword 3s with shield 4. Time your f3 (or daze mantra if you use it) to rupt certain animations. (Like the tail end of the thief sword 3)

Honestly if anything just duel people a lot, hop in a server with someone. It will help you improve a lot. Watching gameplay of good mesmers will help too

Chrono is all about positioning, the bad games I have are games that I tend to veer away from this and side node. This usually happens if no one on the team is doing it, but it really should never be a chrono trying to side node.

I already port around, not sure what you mean by jumping puzzles. I use terrain all the time in matches.

Thief is a hard counter for mes, so I think any mes is going to struggle against a competent thief. The mechanics of our abilities don't work well against thief due to going invis, it's difficult to shatter against them though I don't really fear them as much as before in this meta.

I'm already a good mesmer, I've watched other mesmer players and all the high ranking ones duo. Literally the only difference between why they're higher ranked and I'm not. I've been almost plat solo queueing power chrono, so don't get it twisted, I'm a good mesmer. When you word things like, "Watching gameplay of good mesmers...", you're implying I'm not already a good mesmer player. Duo me with a DH, other chrono/mirage, deadeye and I guarantee you I would be plat right now no question.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Chrono is all about positioning, the bad games I have are games that I tend to veer away from this and side node. This usually happens if no one on the team is doing it, but it really should never be a chrono trying to side node.

I already port around, not sure what you mean by jumping puzzles. I use terrain all the time in matches.

Thief is a hard counter for mes, so I think any mes is going to struggle against a competent thief. The mechanics of our abilities don't work well against thief due to going invis, it's difficult to shatter against them though I don't really fear them as much as before in this meta.

I'm already a good mesmer, I've watched other mesmer players and all the high ranking ones duo. Literally the only difference between why they're higher ranked and I'm not. I've been almost plat solo queueing power chrono, so don't get it twisted, I'm a good mesmer. When you word things like, "Watching gameplay of good mesmers...", you're implying I'm not already a good mesmer player. Duo me with a DH, other chrono/mirage, deadeye and I guarantee you I would be plat right now no question.

To start with, I believe you about mesmer that you know how it works.

But this reaction gave me the vibes of this scene 😂

• Confused 3

33 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

The term good is subjective I guess. Your definition of good will be different than mine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Almost never seeing chrono healers, mirage is the best dps spec but also has the best survivability. Virts get deleted right now. Not sure what you're seeing.

I can’t speak to what’s happening in your games, I am just telling you what the balance situation currently looks like. If that isn’t reflected at your level of play it’s a skill issue not a balance issue.

• Confused 1