[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Guild wars 3 should be ps5, and pc because it 60$ for a game and most mmo rpgs on consoles sell around 20 million copes or 2 million copies. final fantasy 14 has 27 million users total. That is 60$x 27 million. Then there is dlc or expansions at 40 to 60$. I'd love guild wars to come to consoles since I can't really use a pc at this time. if it comes to xbox also that is potential for another 2 million copies sold for 60$.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

My next thing is guild wars did it right when changing the system. No healers and the system worked. The healing system worked to where almost everyone got to play because it was random teams. Sometimes pvp teams get no healers or do get healer, but the team that got healers won.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Please use "paste as plain text" when copying in text from another source. Dark screen users prefer dark for a reason.

You could, oh, I don't know, write it down on a post-it note and stick it to your monitor?

I have enough characters that I track such things with a spreadsheet.

That's why it's a QoL suggestion, we shouldn't need to have to track these things externally when the game can be improved.

I understand that you're content with tracking your stuff externally and that's fine, but I doubt everyone is happy to do so.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Hex.1670 said:

That's why it's a QoL suggestion, we shouldn't need to have to track these things externally when the game can be improved.

Perhaps a Favorite feature, like we now have with mini's, so only the favorites show on the character screen. I can't see Anet removing character progression.

Just allow us to purchase five more crafting licenses per character so we can have all nine disciplines active on the same character at the same time..... then learn all the crafting on 1 character or all characters.... simple fix, with stuff that is already in the game.... and also nets more money (potentially) as the additional licenses are gem store only.

I agree that an option to un-do progression is highly unlikely.... but the ability to have all crafting available to all alts would also solve the issue and not be 'removing progression'

Twenty ideas from my side:

1. Make it possible to store semi-finished products in the material storage (e.g. mithril sword blades).
2. Disable the option to sell more items than the number included in the smaller stack if the player has more than one stack in the inventory of the given item (e.g. if the player has in the inventory two stacks - 10 ecto and 240 lock the number of ecto that can be sold possibility at 10). Optionally if the player entered the trading post by right-clicking a stack in the inventory -> Sell at Trading Post cap the amount that can be sold at a number of items in the stack that has been selected. This is intended to avoid selling more than intended when willing to sell less than the amount currently stored in the inventory. 
3. Add an option to disable #2 for those who are not willing to change anything in that matter.
4. Add a trading post filter to display only items that are not unlocked in the wardrobe.
5. Make it possible to store in the inventory soulbound (non-transferable) copies of legendary gear so it is not mandatory to select stats and sigils/runes every time a player needs to swap weapons (in a given slot, not via weapon swap "~").
6. Add an option to salvage all exotic items.
7. Add an option to salvage all crafted items with the Research Kit (currently available only when items are stacked).
8. Remove the "and lower" functionality from "Salvage All Masterwork and Lower".
9. Add an option to disable #8 for those who are not willing to change anything in that matter.
10. Make it possible to manually remove achievements not in the scope of one's interest from the "Nearly Completed" section.
11. Make it possible to display "Current  Buyers" pricing while viewing a list of items on the trading post (currently only the "Current Sellers" price can be viewed without entering each item individually).
12. Allow an option to switch off special properties of bags with special features (e.g. masterwork items priority of 20 Slot Fractal Uncommon Equipment Box) turning them into regular bags until switched back on.
13. Make guild hall decorations from open-world bosses a guaranteed drop (1 per run; includes Chak Gerent, Shatterer, Tequatl, Dragon Stand, and Triple  Trouble) so they can be treated as kill counters.
14. Make the shatterer crystals (guild hall decoration item) obtainable from Death Branded Shatterer of Jahai Bluffs. If so please add it to the list of #13.
15. Make it possible to store Shing Jea Orchid Petals, Ascalonian Royal Irises, Koda's Blossom Petals, and Krytan Spiderwort Blooms in the material storage.
16. Make it possible to salvage skins (those without an item underlying them e.g. Red Crane Warhorn Skin) to get one transmutation charge per each skin salvaged.
17. Make it possible to pick only selected items from the trading post.
18. Make it possible to withdraw/deposit items into guild bank with a double click (similarly to how it currently functions with the personal bank).
19. Make it possible to combine two stacks of the same item in the guild bank without withdrawing them first.
20. Make it possible to salvage medallions (upgrades such as Medallion of the Soldier) with outputs similar to what runes/sigils of the respective rarity offer.

Edited by Wojciech.8024
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Wojciech.8024 said:

Twenty ideas from my side:

17. Make it possible to pick only selected items from the trading post.

There are some good suggestions in there. Some, sure, maybe useful to others. #17 I don't understand, please expand. How are you not picking selected items? Or do you mean "pick" like "accept - drop into inventory?"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

There are some good suggestions in there. Some, sure, maybe useful to others. #17 I don't understand, please expand. How are you not picking selected items? Or do you mean "pick" like "accept - drop into inventory?"

I think he/she means pick up only certain items and/or Gold one has purchased from the Trading  Post NPC.

5 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

What GW3? I'd have to think about moving to a GW3 if GW2 came to an end. That'd be a lot of time and money invested in a discontinued product.

Nothing lasts forever and Guild Wars being brought into the modern era would actually be beneficial for the Studio imo.  Arena Net has done wonders keeping Guild Wars 2 alive and up to date but it is starting to show it's age.  They could easily keep the same style of combat system but upgrade to a more modern arpg style and get rid of tab targeting.  However, like you said, that would also most likely bring GW 2 to an end but you're not investing in the game per se.  You are investing in the studio to keep a game running.  What's the difference between buying the next expansion for $60 or buying a whole new Guild Wars game for $60?  

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Balgorath.2604 said:

Nothing lasts forever and Guild Wars being brought into the modern era would actually be beneficial for the Studio imo.  Arena Net has done wonders keeping Guild Wars 2 alive and up to date but it is starting to show it's age.  They could easily keep the same style of combat system but upgrade to a more modern arpg style and get rid of tab targeting.  However, like you said, that would also most likely bring GW 2 to an end but you're not investing in the game per se.  You are investing in the studio to keep a game running.  What's the difference between buying the next expansion for $60 or buying a whole new Guild Wars game for $60?  

well the fact that next expansion cost 25 bucks and is 1/3 of a game?

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Perhaps a Favorite feature, like we now have with mini's, so only the favorites show on the character screen. I can't see Anet removing character progression.

Now that I can also get behind, this is a good idea. Only the ones we favorite showing on the character screen would work, this achieves the same thing as my suggestion.

I would like to suggest making individually selected glider skins, finisher skins, and minis be individually bound to separate equipment template slots. I also suggest minis be able to be stealth when you yourself are stealth so that spvpers and wvers are not spotted in stealth just because they have a mini. I believe these changes would benefit anet because it would make glider skins, finisher skins, and minis more appealing and would further their sales. Thoughts?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Let's say you bought 10 stacks of charged cores and 5 stacks of mithril.  You want to pick up only mithril - currently, there is no way of picking up only the items you want. Either all or none at all.

7 minutes ago, Wojciech.8024 said:

Let's say you bought 10 stacks of charged cores and 5 stacks of mithril.  You want to pick up only mithril - currently, there is no way of picking up only the items you want. Either all or none at all.

Well the trading post is not your extended bankspace/material storage mate so that why this is not going  to happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Well the trading post is not your extended bankspace/material storage mate so that why this is not going  to happen.

Not sure what you mean. I am not asking to be able to put stuff back into the trading post pick-up box (that would indeed make it an extended bank space). All I ask for is to be able to pick up selected items so that I do not end up with inventory clogged with stuff I do not need at the moment. Especially important when I have limited space in my inventory and need (using the example above) all of the mithril before ecto.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Wojciech.8024 said:

Not sure what you mean. I am not asking to be able to put stuff back into the trading post pick-up box (that would indeed make it an extended bank space). All I ask for is to be able to pick up selected items so that I do not end up with inventory clogged with stuff I do not need at the moment. Especially important when I have limited space in my inventory and need (using the example above) all of the mithril before ecto.

But you do the way you put in stuff is buy it from the trading post and then you pick and chose what to take out, so in essence making it your extended bank space for free.

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, Balgorath.2604 said:

What's the difference between buying the next expansion for $60 or buying a whole new Guild Wars game for $60?  

It's more of a choice between continuing with Anet into GW3 or looking around at all the available options. There may be something more appealing already available. Heck, in the years between announcing GW3 and its release, I may already give up on GW2. Maybe Riot's hot new MMO will be out?

That said, I've been playing GW since early GW1 days, with breaks now and then, so have definitely been loyal to Anet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

But you do the way you put in stuff is buy it from the trading post and then you pick and chose what to take out, so in essence making it your extended bank space for free.

Not even going to prove how wrong your "logic" is. You have a right to dislike the idea but your arguments are simply invalid.

• Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Wojciech.8024 said:

Not even going to prove how wrong your "logic" is. You have a right to dislike the idea but your arguments are simply invalid.

No, he's right. Why do you think there is a fee to place something for sale? If no fee, people could just throw stuff on the TP at prices nobody would pay, then cancel the sale when they want that item back in inventory. Not picking up everything you buy is similar, you are essentially buying stuff and storing it on the TP.

Maybe it is time to invest in more storage?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Dear Guild Wars 2 Team,

I'm reaching out to you with a heartfelt wish that moves many of us who have been loyal to you since 2012. Through Pride of the Lion, we've gotten a glimpse of the "old Lion's Arch" that we miss so much. Old Lion's Arch was the soul of Guild Wars 2 for me, the city that transported me to a magical fantasy world. Your artistic world design, which makes Guild Wars 2 so unique, was especially evident in this city.

Please let us relive the "old Lion's Arch" as it once was. Please make this town attractive again by removing the glider and mount ban. It would be a small effort for you, but a great event for us players - we who long for it so much. It would fit in with the Season 1 update.

I hope and believe that you will listen to the Guild Wars 2 community and fulfill our wishes with just a few clicks. Sincerely, Eximius - with you from the beginning.

• Like 3
  • Confused 7

Please add a Strike Mission entrance and Eye of the North Instances entrance (Marionette, Dragonstorm, Dragon response mission ect) in Lion's Arch next to the Dungeon and Raid entrance. An additional NPC that points you to the next World boss would also be a nice addition there.

• Confused 4