Salvaging rares/exotics

7 hours ago, Sasooka.5148 said:

Call me crazy, but was the ectoplasm rate nerfed unintentionally when salvaging? I am 100% getting half or worse, as many ectoplasm than before this last patch.

Call me crazy, but I noticed the same thing happening with the mystic kit and yellows. So much so I made note of it. The first couple times it happened I thought just maybe I used my copper fed on accident. But i have them spaced apart to lessen the odds of that happening. Maybe just a run of bad luck. I don't know. 

I noticed this as well when salvaging a couple hundred rares.

RNG may be RNG, but trends are trends and it isn't like we are rolling a physical die and relying on random chance. We are relying on code to emulate randomness and code can go wrong.

If it is a trend lots of players notice, it may be worth a look.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Since there is no official salvaging rate, Anet can of course change these rates as they see fit to suit what they think is good for the game.  If several people are seeing this, it is certainly possible that Anet thinks ecto prices are too low, and decided to reduce the drop rate to reduce supply.

Of course, it would be nice for Anet to announce these changes, but then a lot of people would probably complain about the change, so I could see why they may not.  If there were official drop rates (eg, tooltip saying you had a 75% of getting an ecto when salvaging rare), then it certainly would be a bug if the rate was only 50%.

• Haha 1

Do you have any droprates of your tries to back up this suspicion, because it's hard to see if anything has changed without the numbers?

I did a quick test with 1000 random rares I got from unids and at least this test didn't show any nerf, I even got about 50 ectos more than expected.

• Like 2