Astral Vault Rewards

I will not speak for others, but the only reason I do WvW is for the Gift of Battle.  My opinions on WvW content I'm pretty sure the moderators will not let me express and why I feel the way I do.  So, how about adding a Gift of Battle to the Astral Reward Vault choice?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Mugsie.4903 said:

I will not speak for others, but the only reason I do WvW is for the Gift of Battle.  My opinions on WvW content I'm pretty sure the moderators will not let me express and why I feel the way I do.  So, how about adding a Gift of Battle to the Astral Reward Vault choice?

If I could give you one I would if it meant keeping that kind of toxic behavior out of this game mode. I'm used to trash talk and people trying to get attention in chat, but you sound like you might be on another level. Leave that in raids and places like that please. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

If I could give you one I would if it meant keeping that kind of toxic behavior out of this game mode. I'm used to trash talk and people trying to get attention in chat, but you sound like you might be on another level. Leave that in raids and places like that please. 

I wouldn't.  Rewarding bad behavior just convinces people that's the way to get what they want. It never ends.

But as always, I urge people to just  farm gold in their preferred content and buy the thing-- the WV always helps with that since it gives like 30'ish gold even when the shop is exhausted. Yes some cannot be bought but the gift of battle is the least of the problem for those imo.

Like if one actually enjoys the process of making a legendary, it's fine. But if you just want a fancy skin and its utility, just buy the damned thing.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I wouldn't.  Rewarding bad behavior just convinces people that's the way to get what they want. It never ends.

But as always, I urge people to just  farm gold in their preferred content and buy the thing-- the WV always helps with that since it gives like 30'ish gold even when the shop is exhausted. Yes some cannot be bought but the gift of battle is the least of the problem for those imo.

Like if one actually enjoys the process of making a legendary, it's fine. But if you just want a fancy skin and its utility, just buy the damned thing.

I wouldn't actually bother to get one for them. If I had one sitting in my bag that could be handed over and they were crying in chat I might get tired of that and toss it at them so they get off the map and someone else can get in. 

I'd definitely just buy one. Making the armor gave me homework brain and I don't think I can wrap up the pve stuff for them. 

On second thought after you said that, I'm thinking they're just going sell whatever they make after all that crying so I'd swipe my Gift back and tell them to bounce. 

5 hours ago, Mugsie.4903 said:

What's the point of calling it gift of the BATTLE if players can get it thru the vault without getting into the Battle.

I vote yes if they add the gift of exploration to the vault too so I don't have to Explore.

• Like 4

Just add GoB/GoE to the black lion store, it's still a place of battle for prices. They sold OW legendary armor/weapons in an expansion so wouldn't be a big deal to sell a legendary part on the store. 🤭

Edited by XenesisII.1540

They already have a legendary kit in the WV that specifically excludes the gifts but does most of the work. That should be very telling what the intent is. If they did otherwise, they'd just be giving out a legendary in it.

edit: Also even if they did, it would only give one at best per season. Then we're just going to have the same problem when someone wants another again.

15 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

edit: Also even if they did, it would only give one at best per season. Then we're just going to have the same problem when someone wants another again.

Yeah so just sell it on the black lion store. 🤭

47 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Yeah so just sell it on the black lion store. 🤭

Yea but I've been saying just buy the whole legendary forever and nobody ever listens to that. Yea I know that some can't be, but the goal of the forums is always to ignore the obvious solutions, because then you can't vent! So even if that option did exist, it wouldn't even help.

Just like how OW legendary armor was supposed to stop the QQ over that. It didn't, as expected.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea but I've been saying just buy the whole legendary forever and nobody ever listens to that. Yea I know that some can't be, but the goal of the forums is always to ignore the obvious solutions, because then you can't vent!

Yeah it's weird. If pve is their preferred mode there's plenty of ways to make gold to buy a legendary instead. Instead they come to complain about having to do one part in an area they hate and then demand changes to suit them instead. Personally I don't like pve in this game, it's too annoying, and the gift of exploration is boring as kitten to complete, so I don't do them, ascended weapons suit me just fine. But hey they complained enough about the wvw legendary gear to get an OW version eventually, maybe that's the hope for them for GoB now. 🤭

30 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Yeah it's weird. If pve is their preferred mode there's plenty of ways to make gold to buy a legendary instead. Instead they come to complain about having to do one part in an area they hate and then demand changes to suit them instead. Personally I don't like pve in this game, it's too annoying, and the gift of exploration is boring as kitten to complete, so I don't do them, ascended weapons suit me just fine. But hey they complained enough about the wvw legendary gear to get an OW version eventually, maybe that's the hope for them for GoB now. 🤭

It's not too weird. It just means admitting one's approach was flawed, and it's just really hard to admit it.
And to be fair, sometimes one's building something and runs into something annoying or they think shouldn't be there, and it's easy to get frustrated. But it's still one's own responsibility to be aware of the big picture at the start and if they go in without a proper plan then that's on them.

Though my problem is in general is that these things are generally not persuasive. When someone makes a demand or request, they have to give the other side some consideration (what's in it for them) because one sided demands are essentially pleading.

At best it's something like "You'll no longer have players like me afking/inting/taking up space in this game mode". But this isn't persuasive, because it's more of a threat. Basically, "if you don't give me what I want, I will consciously screw up your game mode". And frankly, it's not a very strong threat either to the eyes of most WvWers.

And of course, there's the ultimate threat of threatening to quit. Which never works. In fact if you read this subforums, you know of people that have been quitting for like 10 years. They've basically been quitting for longer than some have been playing.

That being said, I'm all for hearing something more convincing.

The early part of this thread is an exercise in pot kettle...

ANYWAY OP, they will likely not offer another method to obtain the gob.  As this mode is by definition pve with elements of pvp, it requires fresh bodies to sustain its population, which is part of the reason they took away the ability to flat out purchase it or potion your way through the track.  Unfortunately, this means coming in and running through the reward track and attempting to mesh with your teammates while doing so. 

Edited by HazyDaisy.4107