the beginners in pvp

rank or unranked, the amount of people who don't even know the basics of their own class and decides to play pvp is rather frustrating. I really don't get the people who plays pvp and haven't even learned how to play their professions in pve. Pvp became incredibly frustrating after they added the weekly and daily missions for pvp (i know that it has already existed before the wizard's vault but it became more noticeable since then). Honestly it would be good if they find a solution for this. straight losses can't really be a good feeling even though myself/yourself is doing things right and has mvp after every match but still losses because most players apperently are treating it like some sort of death match mode.

Edited by JinONplay.8905
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

dont worry, anet will auto rate them 1200 ( Gold 1 ) when they start ranked so they will be forced to fight vets, get farmed and flamed & quit.

the new players wont be around for long & pvp will stay dead.

happy?

Edited by choovanski.5462
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, JinONplay.8905 said:

rank or unranked, the amount of people who don't even know the basics of their own class and decides to play pvp is rather frustrating. I really don't get the people who plays pvp and haven't even learned how to play their professions in pve. Pvp became incredibly frustrating after they added the weekly and daily missions for pvp (i know that it has already existed before the wizard's vault but it became more noticeable since then). Honestly it would be good if they find a solution for this. straight losses can't really be a good feeling even though myself/yourself is doing things right and has mvp after every match but still losses because most players apperently are treating it like some sort of death match mode.

You were a noob too once

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Being a newbie is no excuse. There is just a different mentality. the mentality of improving or the mentality of being a noob all your life. gw2's combat is so easy and dynamic that you can be a decent player with only 1 month of practice (if I mention this it is because it is verified). The different ways to improve are in theory and practice. The theory is obtained from the guides that are both on metabattle.com or hardstuck.gg and the practice is done in the unranked game mode, duels in custom pvp rooms and roaming in WvW.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

i dont think the op means that the matchmaking is bad but that new players seem not to prepare themselfes at all before joining combat gamemodes these days.

like:

- people dont know how to play thier class and builds = could be solved with preparing before just clicking queue.

- people dont know what other classes will do or try or what is even the role inside a match of the classes. = could be solved with preparing before just clicking the queue.

- people dont know the map mechanics and objectives = could be solved with preparing before just clicking queue.

you can keep clicking the queue as much as you want you will not improve if you dont make the theory homework. doing the same thing every match and expecting a different outcome is just highly uneducated and unpolite towards other players.

this is not something anet can solve, this is responsibility of the individual player.

Edited by roederich.2716
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Pttf.2467 said:

honestly

it's not their fault, if it wasn't the extremely broken mmk algorithm they shouldnt be playing with ppl 300 to 500 rating higher than they are

"What do you mean!?

Silver3 & Gold1 players are on both teams! There's a Plat Duo on the other team but your team has the higher average MMR rating! But because this is a low rated game in general, you'll lose -22 for a Loss and gain +5 for a Win!

This was a fair and balanced rated match!"

- Anet

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

"What do you mean!?

Silver3 & Gold1 players are on both teams! There's a Plat Duo on the other team but your team has the higher average MMR rating! But because this is a low rated game in general, you'll lose -22 for a Loss and gain +5 for a Win!

- Anet

It's Lebron and curry + 3 9th grade kids vs a full high school team, perfectly balanced

Edited by Pttf.2467
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

"What do you mean!?

- Anet

You first have to offer your teamates to the rng gods before winning

You do have a tutorial you need to do before joining pvp! You have to destroy some earth elemental or ice wurm or something with nothing but auto attacks and a heal skill. Surely this is the best way to introduce new players into the game.  🤡

• Haha 1

Why would you expect competence from someone coming straight from pve? Gw2 pve players are famously unaware of the game's basic mechanics or how to play their own professions. Particularly the world boss/meta event farmers.  I wouldn't really blame them since gw2 does not do a good job at teaching or challenging its players. 

For starters, this game doesn't even have a decent tutorial for conquest pvp.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Why would you expect competence from someone coming straight from pve? Gw2 pve players are famously unaware of the game's basic mechanics or how to play their own professions. Particularly the world boss/meta event farmers.  I wouldn't really blame them since gw2 does not do a good job at teaching or challenging its players. 

For starters, this game doesn't even have a decent tutorial for conquest pvp.

A bit ironic how something that is as complicated as Conquest, mechanically, is what's keeping PvP in this game alive while at the same time its complexity is what's keeping newer players from sticking around.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I wish the match maker would account for AP as well. Geting someone with like 0-1000 AP on your team is disheartening. You know that person is not going to be up to snuff against some with 20k AP who has thousands of hours on each class but here your team mate with less then 10.  A veteran player doesn't want to be teamed up with a brand new player in a competitive game mode.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I wish the match maker would account for AP as well. Geting someone with like 0-1000 AP on your team is disheartening. You know that person is not going to be up to snuff against some with 20k AP who has thousands of hours on each class but here your team mate with less then 10.  A veteran player doesn't want to be teamed up with a brand new player in a competitive game mode.

i'd say it's a 50/50 chance lol, I have seen plenty 600ap smurfs 1 shot perfectly with mesmer rofl