New dual pistol mechanics request

Posted (edited)

I have a request for the dual pistols.

Skill 2. Peacekeeper

Not sure what this skill is meant to do here..

Change to a fast single shot that explodes on impact, and calls down a ray of light.

Alternatively, change it to a kick combo.

Kicking 4 times from low to high kicks, and end with a spinning kick that knocks back targets.

Skill 3. Symbol of ignition.

Why does every guardian weapon must have a ground symbol or whell of some kind?

Change it to a 2x 360° spins shooting bullets in all directions while spinning. 

Skill 4. Hail of justice.

Actually can you move this skill to slot 3 and make it a dual attack.

Remove the ammo and instead give it a speed press sensitive mechanic. So no cooldown needed.

The character shoots one bullet each pistol alternate. The faster you press the button, the faster it shoots from both pistols in alternate fashion.

Please, please, consider this.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Main hand and off hand pistol ended up being a really neat kit for guardian. There is very little on pistols that needs an improvement and these suggestions are most certainly not it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

58 minutes ago, SanguinE.9435 said:

Pistol 5 is the thing that needs some QoL improvements tbh. Right now that skill is just not fun to use, and it doesn't FEEL really powerful either.

Could to tweaking. 

Should be faster and more powerful. 

As you said.

Suggestion.

Shoot a light sphere so powerful that knocks you back.

The sphere explodes on impact causing massive damage, and you can continue shooting whilst on the ground.

Get up by pressing any directional button.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

my only request would be for the charge up orb to explode when it reaches the target,

i like to play with over the shoulder action combat so judging when it has reached the target can be a pain in the butt.

10 hours ago, Katary.7096 said:

Main hand and off hand pistol ended up being a really neat kit for guardian. There is very little on pistols that needs an improvement and these suggestions are most certainly not it.

Seriously? You like the melee symbol?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/3/2024 at 3:05 AM, Katary.7096 said:

Besides it deals absolutely no dmg in PVP....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/3/2024 at 2:55 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Could to tweaking. 

Should be faster and more powerful. 

As you said.

Suggestion.

Shoot a light sphere so powerful that knocks you back.

The sphere explodes on impact causing massive damage, and you can continue shooting whilst on the ground.

Get up by pressing any directional button.

You just added a downed perk from Call of Duty lmao. Bro, your suggestions for Pistols are absolutely WILD.

(pvp talk)
The pistols in terms of design, are some of the most unique weapons we have. It honestly just needs some number changes to make them feel more rewarding. For PvP/WvW, Pistol#5 is only used as a knockback because that is all it is useful for; in 1v1 roaming situations, as well as blob fights. No competent Guard player would ever charge Pistol#5 over... uh, literally anything else that's available unless they're memeing.

P5 has to be rewarding. Give it Blind + Immobilize instead of a knockback that passes through people while doing a condition damage that'll be immediately cleansed. A quick P5 can be used for a fast knockback if kiting, but a charged P5 AND detonated correctly, can be used as an engagement when roaming or during an actual rotation. It becomes a utility offhand that can be used with all 1-hander weapons. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 4:46 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

You just added a downed perk from Call of Duty lmao. Bro, your suggestions for Pistols are absolutely WILD.

(pvp talk)
The pistols in terms of design, are some of the most unique weapons we have. It honestly just needs some number changes to make them feel more rewarding. For PvP/WvW, Pistol#5 is only used as a knockback because that is all it is useful for; in 1v1 roaming situations, as well as blob fights. No competent Guard player would ever charge Pistol#5 over... uh, literally anything else that's available unless they're memeing.

P5 has to be rewarding. Give it Blind + Immobilize instead of a knockback that passes through people while doing a condition damage that'll be immediately cleansed. A quick P5 can be used for a fast knockback if kiting, but a charged P5 AND detonated correctly, can be used as an engagement when roaming or during an actual rotation. It becomes a utility offhand that can be used with all 1-hander weapons. 

I see your point.

But the knockback it's a mere less than a second, and you can get up immediately by pressing a directional button.

The sphere would be instant. No charge.

Explodes on impact for massive damage and knocks back every foe within that certain range.

It's only a short minor delay in your actions, but when used timely and correctly, you have a nuclear warhead on the palm of your hand.

Pistol 2 really needs changing too, because it cause little damage and has short range.

If in PVE, it's a hard skill to use as it is, then I would say it's totally useless in PVP.

I haven't tried pistols in pvp yet.

Might try today even.

The symbol desperately needs changing.

It is totally and definitely not a skill that belongs on pistols. 

If you're meant to be always in motion.

Guardians have a ton of symbols in utilities and other weapons.

I really strongly believe that they should have a dual attack in slot 3 too.

Firing a load in quick succession in off hand is not very effective and most of the time the shots go stray... if you move or lose sight of target.

So, again, for your pvp needs, this skill is not very effective as is.

I like the guardian pistols, has a lot of potential.

But if the devs implement my ideas, it would work wonders with willbender, which already has a few physical attacks...

It would make a pretty neat theme here.

Perhaps one of the best in the entire game.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 2