How do I get ascended Ritualist's aquabreathers?

Posted (edited)

or can we change stats on an ascended aquabreather ? if so you can use this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing#:~:text=Legendary equipment allows changing its,or infusions it might have. 

Don't forget to remove any infusion or it will be deleted if it actually works on an aquabreather.

edit : nvm , sorry , i just looked and it seems you cannot add some new stats to aquabreather by changing stats , so pretty sure ritualist swapping is not available.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jmvars.4501 said:

sheesh

That's gonna take some grinding. Thanks.

Do you play wvw?

If so, set the Bitterfrost Frontier reward track on loop (100 berries per completion) and buy the Infinite Unbound Magic Gathering Tools for an unholy amount of gems and play wvw like you want and use all synths you come across and it'll fill by itself. That is if it's not urgent that you want the thing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

(100 berries per completion)

Yikes that's low! Just run around Bitterfrost, average gather is over 50 berries per run. 10 minutes with mounts, and switch characters to go again.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rumpus.1234 said:

Yikes that's low! Just run around Bitterfrost, average gather is over 50 berries per run. 10 minutes with mounts, and switch characters to go again.

One does not exclude the other. Can still run the berry farm trail in the frontier. Getting the magic will take the longest anyway.

• Like 1

By the way, if you don't mind external ressources, this :

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/Equipment_query?title=Special%3ARunQuery%2FEquipment_query&pfRunQueryFormName=Equipment+query&Equipment+query%5Brarity%5D=Ascended&Equipment+query%5Bsupertype%5D=Armor&Equipment+query%5Btype%5D=Aquatic+Headgear&Equipment+query%5Bclass%5D=&Equipment+query%5Bprefix%5D=Ritualist&Equipment+query%5Bexclude+selectable%5D=&Equipment+query%5Boffset%5D=0&wpRunQuery=&pf_free_text=

It's the best way to find any equipment in the game

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 10:27 AM, Lucy.3728 said:

One does not exclude the other. Can still run the berry farm trail in the frontier. Getting the magic will take the longest anyway.

Good point, it will take longer to get the 6000 unbound magic than it will take to get the 500 winterberries to buy the breather.

It will take 15 to 16 "berry farm runs" to get the 6000 unbound magic required for the breather from farming winterberries , assuming he used the unbound magic harvesting cycle that can be purchased from the karma merchant and assuming he farmed nothing else.  He could use the unbound harvesting cycle anywhere and get the unbound magic faster if he were a dedicated gatherer.

Winterberries have a much different timer than similar items in other zones.  All other zones have a per day account-wide limit of usually 30-40 items which resets with the regular daily reset.  Winterberries do not have any account or character limits, but the nodes won't respawn for 24 hours instead of respawning with the daily reset.  You have a ton of characters you can farm the dickens out of them, but for me its an every other day thing.

34 minutes ago, Player.2475 said:

This is where we all kindly remind ourselves that underwater combat is a mechanic that hasn't been supported since 2014 and move on with our lives.

And yet we buy the ascended version and would even craft the legendary breather if there was one 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

And yet we buy the ascended version and would even craft the legendary breather if there was one 😆

I'd get it too for completionist's sake, I just meant that there's almost no content after core Tyria with the exception of Leviathan and a Fractal that has you do underwater combat, let alone need the 5% relative stat increase ascended rebreathers provide over an exotic version

On 5/15/2024 at 11:57 AM, zeyeti.8347 said:

or can we change stats on an ascended aquabreather ? if so you can use this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing#:~:text=Legendary equipment allows changing its,or infusions it might have. 

Don't forget to remove any infusion or it will be deleted if it actually works on an aquabreather.

edit : nvm , sorry , i just looked and it seems you cannot add some new stats to aquabreather by changing stats , so pretty sure ritualist swapping is not available.

I also said in my post that I tried to change it but the forge would not accept the recipe.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Player.2475 said:

This is where we all kindly remind ourselves that underwater combat is a mechanic that hasn't been supported since 2014 and move on with our lives.

It's not about the necessity for me, rather I don't consider a build complete until I have the underwater gear as well. I guess I'm sort of a completionist in that regard.

• Haha 1