I know i am wrong

2 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

Open world type player, Solo I never think about using food or luck, I know it helps in large fights, but am i missing anything with these small fights i mostly find myself in?

If you're training masteries not taking food makes everything take longer to train. Consuming luck is a no brainer, since it's account wide magic find, but you don't have to take anything regularly, just consume the luck you get.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

If you're training masteries not taking food makes everything take longer to train. Consuming luck is a no brainer, since it's account wide magic find, but you don't have to take anything regularly, just consume the luck you get.

Have  ton of luck , going to start using, where does it show luck applied?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Hero panel > achievements ...I think? I just go there without thinking. If you haven't been consuming it then don't worry, you'll be nowhere near max.

Achievments points 2,554... i know that not much but the acount is not that old.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, costepj.5120 said:

On that panel look to the bottom right. You will see your Magic Find bonus and how much luck you need to consume to add another 1%

Oh i see now, ok it says Magic Find +43%  luck 45/520? that luck figure leaves me with more questions.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

Oh i see now, ok it says Magic Find +43%  luck 45/520? that luck figure leaves me with more questions.

43% is your account's magic find. 520 is the amount of luck you need to get to 44%. You are currently at 45 luck out of the 520 needed to reach 44%.

• Like 4

You're not really wrong to not use food.

The bonuses to exp and stats from most types of food are not going to significantly impact your gameplay. The stats themselves give you ~6% more to two stats, though ascended food has a nice -10% damage reduction. There's some nice ones that can give you regen, faster endurance recovery, less damage taken while stunned or shorter condition duration which can be nice to have if you have some build that benefits from those bonuses.

If you're after the exp, celebration, festive and exp boosters (if you buy the gobblers for them you can get 1 hour for around 1g worth of materials) will give significantly better bonuses. Magic find is pretty much a meme stat at this point since most of the items you get in the game will not be affected by it at all.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mechtec.3827 said:

Picture of what you are looking at might help, wiki link has a the full table for luck requirements for each % till you max out of luck. at 43% total luck to consume is 9920, to reach max you will need to reach 4295450.

Wiki link also shows the panel you are looking for: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Luck

Food and util aren't needed for PvE but can still add stats, XP bonuses, luck, gold find and just help round out a build and make it more efficient especially if you are going solo.

In WvW if you head to the mists I would say that is different and if you aren't running them you aren't helping yourself. 

Food Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

Food is not very important for open world content. It always helps but it's not at all required. Luck helps a bit with chance of very rare drops but that chance remains very low. Both can be safely ignored. The first years that I played this game I never got any rare drops, but now I got luck maxed I rarely get one. So do not expect miracles from luck but it helps.

Food is often a requirement (By commanders) for harder instanced group content like raids, strike missions and T4 fractals and is a hard requirement for any CM content.