New server names or alliances names?

I'm probably in the minority of thinking on this one but something kinda weird when the names are just carbon copies of each other for na and eu. Maybe give both na and eu a list to vote on from see what they alliance names should be. just a thought, or maybe down the line we get to name our own alliances who knows. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fit.9405 said:

or maybe down the line we get to name our own alliances* who knows. 

*Teams or “shards” as Anet so stupidly named them. Not alliances. Different things.

Alliances, if they ever come, would be named by players just like guilds upon creation.

Posted (edited)

They should have let us vote for the names of our servers and the server names in the achievement title. I would have voted for "Abbadöner" (yes, the "bb" is intentional 😇)😉

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

They should have let us vote for the names of our servers and the server names in the achievement title. I would have voted for "Abbadöner" (yes, the "bb" is intentional 😇)😉

But then we should really honor them IMO with for example Blobaddon, Rivercart, Gankdara and Angry Rock.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Fit.9405 said:

I'm probably in the minority of thinking on this one but something kinda weird when the names are just carbon copies of each other for na and eu. Maybe give both na and eu a list to vote on from see what they alliance names should be. just a thought, or maybe down the line we get to name our own alliances who knows. 

The Alliance system is shelved and doesn't have names.

I suggested before they use the dragons and gods names for the worlds.

The beta names are terrible and hope they don't use them.

Not like any of it matters anymore, everyone is just green blue red these days anyways. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I suggested before they use the dragons and gods names for the worlds.

The beta names are terrible and hope they don't use them.

Not like any of it matters anymore, everyone is just green blue red these days anyways. 🤷‍♂️

lol, you know the longer and more players that use the short nameplates it is just red green and blue. Course I also find it funny since they also seem to think they can better hide behind corners or objects and seem to have forgotten that it doesn't impact the other side if they use the standard name plates and they are quite easy to see. 🙂 But yes get a lot of '<Server Name>, 25+ south Bay, 4 cats outer, double wall'. 'What color is that?'. 'Um, what?' lol 

I think my only issue with this is it really won't mean anything. This month you are associated to one, but it has no value any way since next month you will be on another one. Server names pretty lose any value after June. A month later any rivalry with said other server means nothing since you have no idea if those players are still there. To a lot of players its going to be get blue, kill green, where is red!?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

anet should do a contest for new "server" name ideas. Let the players come up with ideas for new names. The current beta server names are boring, and not really related to wvw.

And suddenly all the servers have kitten names.
NEVER give a community that kind of power.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

That's what I meant.
Dietmar Hamann Bridge.
Bad losers those English.

The White Horse Bridge is a footbridge that crosses the tracks at Wembley Stadium railway station leading up to Wembley Stadium in Wembley Park, England.

The LDA received over 670,000 nominations from all over the world. The name with the most nominations, however, mainly coming from Germany, was Dietmar Hamann, who scored the last goal at the old Wembley Stadium.

• Haha 2