wtf 44fps in instance at throne room ?!?!?! [Merged]

I was ok in the instance but doing the meta?  I was at 6 fps.  Plus a lot of spell effect textures turned into big flat blue rectangles.  I'll be looking for an easy way to toggle my graphics down before I next do that meta, and doing it on a much tankier alt who can survive getting bashed by invisible effects.  (To be fair, all the metas in wizard-lands get wonky visually for me, but normally I just end up on a wingless or fully invisible skyscale).

44 fps is just fine, really, everything moves and responds.  30 fps works well for this kind of game, even, anything over 30 is a bonus.

• Like 2

Have same fps drops  too in throne room , but if turn camera on floor  fps better. Leafs texture on celing throne room burn my gpu  even on low settings. Same leafs texture and stairs texture in nayos and wizard tower also load gpu from 60fps 13%  45C to 10-30fps 90%load and 65C

The volumeteric lighting in the third floor from the braziers is the primary cause of the fps issues from everything i've noticed.
It's almost like they didn't even bother to QA this and move those into the proper post-processing spots.

Starting with Dragon's End, and then noticed in Inner Nayos, though not so much the other tree SotO maps, I've noticed not really significantly lower frames per second, but ... input lag. Sometimes to the extent of feeling downright unplayable. This however has been HUGELY noticed in the new west side of Inner Nayos. Even in the story instance.

Sluggish character movement makes me want to endure those places in the game as little as possible.

Another fps killer spot to add to the collection. welcome throne room.

FPS. please optimise this. making new content and areas only to add another area where fps drops by half for no reason. like the throne room epoch. id rather a nice view with max fps thn a super effects particle with half fps. you proved u could do that in hot-pof.  its like were moving backwards with this. it ruins everything. and dont get me started on hopeless center point of amnytas.

• Confused 1

This expansion has been extremely badly optimized. You should get more than 50 or 40 fps on a 4090. It's so unbearable especially when 144fps is the new standard. Everything lower is eyestraining on 144hz monitors

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cynder.2509 said:

This expansion has been extremely badly optimized. You should get more than 50 or 40 fps on a 4090. It's so unbearable especially when 144fps is the new standard. Everything lower is eyestraining on 144hz monitors

Gw2 is all about the CPU, the gpu don't rly matter for 90 percent of cases.

Edited by WindBlade.8749

1 hour ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

Gw2 is all about the CPU, the gpu don't rly matter for 90 percent of cases.

This is true but doesn't change the fact that several areas of SOTO are extremely bad optimized. Just take a look at Amnytas. I have a 5800X3D so that should be easily enough for about anything this game has to offer and most of the times I get around 150-200 fps, even capping at 250 fps in some areas. Not in Amnytas. It'll almost never go above 40 fps when I look into the middle, form anywhere of the map. Something is very off there.

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to wtf 44fps in instance at throne room ?!?!?! [Merged]