DUO Q Makes the game at LB levels unfair

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

wdym?

If I'm qing main and you're on an alt thats 100~ rating below your usual range you'd be skewed with the glicko MM to have 'better' pugs for your fills 

Edited by ccccc.4963
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ccccc.4963 said:

If I'm qing main and you're on an alt thats 100~ rating below your usual range you'd be skewed with the glicko MM to have 'better' pugs for your fills 

a range of 100 rating below ur actual rating wont change much about the players on ur team due to low population (at least on NA)

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

a range of 100 rating below ur actual rating wont change much about the players on ur team due to low population (at least on NA)

It does p2-g3 

Maybe it didn't 6yrs ago but look at na's leaderboard where top250 spreads p3-g2 

Edited by ccccc.4963
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ccccc.4963 said:

It does p2-g3 

Maybe it didn't 6yrs ago but look at na's leaderboard where top250 spreads p3-g2 

I meant it wont make a difference if you duoq with both lets say at 1600 rating or with 1600 and 1500 rating. The matchmaker will try to have both teams avg rating at the same level. So for this case the its either 1600 or 1550. So the reason people silver q is that  the avg rating should be as low as possible: for example 1600 main and 1000 rating. Then the avg rating would be 1300 which is significantly lower than ur own skill level. Technically 1550 rating would be 50 rating lower than your own skill rating but this difference is just too small to affect the difficulty of the match.

Edited by Mne Malo Tebya.2965
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

but this difference is just too small to affect the difficulty of the match.

It's not when the rank spread is so wide (look at na top250) and even more so the volatile p1-g3 range where gw2 veterans stagnate with their alt accounts 

20 minutes ago, ccccc.4963 said:

It's not when the rank spread is so wide (look at na top250) and even more so the volatile p1-g3 range where gw2 veterans stagnate with their alt accounts

As I already said q'ing with an alt that is a tiny bit below ur own rating doesnt affect the matchmaking much. It will affect the bigger the difference gets.

Anyway most top players who play on alts, dont even duoq with them. They q on alts for obvious reasons.

It is commonly known that some lose on purpose with alternate accounts to skew matchmaking rating for their main accounts favor later on. Whether they are good or bad is irrelevant. Duo Queue is toxic by design until the highest rated account in the duo sets the party's static rating rather than an average of two player's number. This way, when bronze billy (900) pairs up duo with platinum mike (1650) the game gives them an overall 1650 fixed rating instead of a 1275 average rating. 

Arena Net will put the burden of proof onto the voiceless little man per usual rather than logically analyzing and fool proofing their own system. 

Fixing the matchmaking manipulation plague would dwarf the last expansion pack's contribution to PvP quality of life with only a fraction of the effort. Who cares about shiny weapons and specializations when some bronze free-to-play account driven by a mAT winner is giving you an unwinnable -20 just to get one of many a +2, right? 

• Thanks 4

I logged in just to like this post but I'm pretty sure whoever works on pvp is fully aware of how unfair and uneven premade high level teams vs low level solo player teams is and just don't  care in the slightest bit. Goodluck with your mission to improve pvp..it really is the only game mode that's fun to play for a long period of time, I've been playing it here for like 12 years ( or however old this game is) and still log in to play it even though  it has been made severely un-fun compared to the way it used to be.

• Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, rui falo.1097 said:

I've never had an issue against any of the top duo's. Its 5v5 thats as fair as it needs to be, this is an L2P issue

a good duo queue can easier counter a solo queue good player if all 3 are equal skill.

They have more sync with each other/better communication to help carrying their team.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2024 at 6:21 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

1) Players don't like the feeling of being cheated, especially knowing Anet can do something about it.

What players though? 

Full disclosure, I've fought you whilst you were in duo and also fought your alt that you leaderboard with.  Am I to feel cheated because of this?

I don't btw, as I already have Top 250 title and know that Top 100 is practically impossible unless I'd duo q myself, and I don't want to do that.  I've always tried to stay around 100 games and 1400 to avoid the hot mess games in both directions (i.e. I'm not grinding 500 games solo to try to stay near plat)--this doesn't mean the leaderboard isn't extremely cooked though.  

But someone might feel cheated that a better player such as yourself uses both mechanisms being complained about in this topic.  

Do as the Roman's do all you want, my point is, can't call the leaderboards a measure of skill though.  Not these leaderboards.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

What players though? 

Full disclosure, I've fought you whilst you were in duo and also fought your alt that you leaderboard with.  Am I to feel cheated because of this?

The players who are below Plat but have to go up against a Plat3 duo.

I play my alt the same as how I would play my main. Working a full time job allows me to have disposable income that way. I've thought about getting a 3rd alt to bring to EU but kinda forgot about it.

I play the game Anet set in front of us just like everyone else, albeit I don't do shady matchmanip shenanigans. There are still bad algorithms in the match making elo that allows players to abuse the system, especially after hours... but I digress. I just want Anet to update the elo algorithm. It hasn't been touched in years.

Edit: I will say though, I've had a lot of close and fun games when matchmaking does it's job. I'm just referring to that 1%.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I play the game Anet set in front of us just like everyone else, albeit I don't do shady matchmanip shenanigans. There are still bad algorithms in the match making elo that allows players to abuse the system, especially after hours... but I digress. I just want Anet to update the elo algorithm. It hasn't been touched in years.

This is what confuses me; I for instance play solo q as only solo q and no alts to protect my positioning. 

If this is the 'wrong' way to play and should use duo and alts, then who cares about matchmaking? If a plat 1 duo goes against a plat 3 duo (even if one is faking as a bronze)--still close match, no? In NA it literally has to be since there are probably 10 people in p2-3, rest are literally in g3 and p1.  

Not trying to single you out btw, other than you posted here in response to a (possibly troll) post that said 'forget about leaderboards' with 'leaderboards are all that matter'.  

15 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This is what confuses me; I for instance play solo q as only solo q and no alts to protect my positioning. 

If this is the 'wrong' way to play and should use duo and alts, then who cares about matchmaking? If a plat 1 duo goes against a plat 3 duo (even if one is faking as a bronze)--still close match, no? In NA it literally has to be since there are probably 10 people in p2-3, rest are literally in g3 and p1.  

Not trying to single you out btw, other than you posted here in response to a (possibly troll) post that said 'forget about leaderboards' with 'leaderboards are all that matter'.  

In NA, it's easier to play that top 25 mini-game system BECAUSE the population is lower than EU. It's easier to sync queue, throw rating, etc. There's a reason why many EU players, pvp and pve alike, transfer to NA to get their title. That's not exactly the subject I want to talk about though. I care more on how the elo algorithm is handled. It absolutely SUCKS when it's an extremely close game but you still lose full rating all because "enemy team had a lower average rating than you did" algorithm. Seeing them have 2 plat3 duo players is salt on the wound.

23 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

No one is telling you or anyone that you're queueing incorrectly, or that soloQ is "the wrong way". There are just more efficient ways to climb rating and there are quite a few pvp players who have gotten that down to a science. If you've maintained top 100 consistently as a soloQ player then more power to you. If you always struggle to enter top 100, then having an Alt to play during a surplus of silver/G1 players (usually the weekends) would help you not lose top100.

The whole purpose of some one throwing games until their bronze is so that matchmaking places them on the side of P2+ or they simply duo with a plat player to have matchmaking give them higher average rating players. You seem to have a notion that G3 in NA = Gold3 on EU... in actuality, NA's Gold2/G3 is EU's Plat1/P2. That is 100% because of NA's low population. There are higher +500/-500 team rating deviations on NA compared to EU.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 7:31 PM, rui falo.1097 said:

I've never had an issue against any of the top duo's. Its 5v5 thats as fair as it needs to be, this is an L2P issue

I think everyone has learned what the TOP players do, now we just want Anet to remove them from the game like they should have when they got caught outright cheating.

The kicker is that Anet publicly announced they were cheating.

I guess the last thing you want us to learn is to stop playing any game ANet releases as long as anyone atm is still employed there?

Because any security manager with honor would have already eliminated the issue, easily.

Anything else you want to add Naru?

"

As many of you are aware, we received many reports that the winners of July’s Monthly tournament were not played by the owners of those accounts. After a thorough investigation, we have found that these accusations are true.

We are taking this very seriously. The following 10 players listed below have been given permanent dishonor.

Naru and alts

Nos and alts

Wakkey and alts

Toker and alts

Zeromis and alts

Asuna Proxy

Forever I Promise

Love Them Boons

Jolly Karen

Makus

In addition, we have removed prizes gained by the winning players and have cleared the statues. They will retain the titles for a short while until we can remove them in the future.

We will be continuing to monitor tournaments in the future.

The Guild Wars 2 PvP Team"

Hey Anet, Stop deleting your threads, I've them all saved. 

Edited by Last Crab.6054
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

I think everyone has learned what the TOP players do, now we just want Anet to remove them from the game like they should have when they got caught outright cheating.

idk if the person you quoted faced any top duo's really, they like 1430.  

But, yeah.  "Notorious Naru" should have never been a thing--if you do shady kitten it should have consequences.  Nothing against them really, played against them a few times--but I can't say it doesn't bother me that anet just 'swept that one under the rug'.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 4:35 PM, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

To a certain point it does, 1550 to 1450 it won't  do much, but 1450 to 1350 it's the difference of being placed against and with the high rated duo q

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Confused 1

On 6/3/2024 at 1:45 AM, Last Crab.6054 said:

The kicker is that Anet publicly announced they were cheating.

I guess the last thing you want us to learn is to stop playing any game ANet releases as long as anyone atm is still employed there?

Because any security manager with honor would have already eliminated the issue, easily.

Anything else you want to add Naru?

"

As many of you are aware, we received many reports that the winners of July’s Monthly tournament were not played by the owners of those accounts. After a thorough investigation, we have found that these accusations are true.

We are taking this very seriously. The following 10 players listed below have been given permanent dishonor.

Naru and alts

Nos and alts

Wakkey and alts

Toker and alts

Zeromis and alts

Asuna Proxy

Forever I Promise

Love Them Boons

Jolly Karen

Makus

In addition, we have removed prizes gained by the winning players and have cleared the statues. They will retain the titles for a short while until we can remove them in the future.

We will be continuing to monitor tournaments in the future.

The Guild Wars 2 PvP Team"

Hey Anet, Stop deleting your threads, I've them all saved. 

how old is this, 2015-16?